A question to all Christians

Quite right.

Jesus does not mention homosexuality at all.

This all comes from Paul, who never actually met Jesus, and I suspect was a repressed homosexual.

Paul wrote the OT?

No Matthew 19: 10-12

10His disciples said to him, "If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
11But he said to them, "Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given.
12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can."

Last edited:
So what your saying is you don't really care about your neighbor enough to help them come to Christ and repent of their sins?

We should all just sin till our hearts content. Pretend as though God has said absoluteley nothing about the sacred gift of creating life. We should let people destroy their souls and society in the name of false compassion.

Got ya.

What we are saying is to be Christlike.
Show me where Jesus Christ said anything about homosexuality being a sin and your post will have some credibility.
As of now it has zero credibility.

You do not get it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
So what your saying is you don't really care about your neighbor enough to help them come to Christ and repent of their sins?

We should all just sin till our hearts content. Pretend as though God has said absoluteley nothing about the sacred gift of creating life. We should let people destroy their souls and society in the name of false compassion.

Got ya.

Show me where Jesus Christ said anything about homosexuality being a sin and your post will have some credibility.

You do not get it.

There are plenty of websites that explain this. Just do a google search. Here's one:

theBible.net - Did Jesus Ever Condemn Homosexuality?

Got ya.

You do not get it.

There are plenty of websites that explain this. Just do a google search. Here's one:

That one does not have any quote of Jesus condemning homosexuality.
Not one.
Try again.
Jesus was a radical of his time and that web site claims that Jesus obeyed the law of the day. LOL. Jesus was persecuted and killed because HE DID NOT obey the laws of his day.
That web site is a joke.

The subject of homosexuality is found in the Old Testament. I read a wonderful book by Jill and Leon Uris called Jerusalem: Song of Songs . It may not be in print any longer, but the gist of it in the section on Christianity says that Jesus taught the words and laws of what is now the Old Testament ... because he was a Jewish Rabbi. Jews don't consider him to be the Messiah - they are basically still waiting for the Messiah.

This is the one hangup I have with Christianity. I just have this thought in the back of my mind that says, "Thou shalt not have any other gods before me." I've been a member of a number of churches and I've gone to Temple and somehow the only thing that makes sense to me is Judaism. I do believe in God, I really do ... but it just seems that Jesus, and in some cases Mary, Joseph and other saints have become objects of worship.

Still, I think everyone should have the freedom to follow the religion of their choice and not try to force their beliefs on others - or try to do away with religion by force of law.

You do not get it.

Not one.
Try again.
Jesus was a radical of his time and that web site claims that Jesus obeyed the law of the day. LOL. Jesus was persecuted and killed because HE DID NOT obey the laws of his day.
That web site is a joke.

:lol: Jesus also didn't say anything about birth control, Toyotas or iPods. :lol:

It's spelled out quite clearly in many places, including this:

Since Jesus was born and lived under the Law of Moses, and since He endorsed the Law of Moses, and since the Law of Moses explicitly condemned homosexuality, then could we correctly say that Jesus also condemned it?

It's really funny how some people subscribe to the idea that if Jesus didn't say {whatever} is wrong, it's okay to do it. For example, there are some churches today that don't allow music to be played in church because there is no mention of music being played in early Christian churches. Seriously, how dumb is that?

Not one.
Try again.
That web site is a joke.

:lol: Jesus also didn't say anything about birth control, Toyotas or iPods. :lol:

It's spelled out quite clearly in many places, including this:

Since Jesus was born and lived under the Law of Moses, and since He endorsed the Law of Moses, and since the Law of Moses explicitly condemned homosexuality, then could we correctly say that Jesus also condemned it?

It's really funny how some people subscribe to the idea that if Jesus didn't say {whatever} is wrong, it's okay to do it. For example, there are some churches today that don't allow music to be played in church because there is no mention of music being played in early Christian churches. Seriously, how dumb is that?

You call this funny? You have a sick sense of humor.
Let me tell you and the other uninformed and cruel people what is not funny. I know and work with many gay and lesbian people and have a few in my large and extended family.
We are sick and tired of you and anyone that calls people we consider as friends and family immoral and an abomination because some old Jewish custom states they are.
Accordingly, be prepared to be bombarded with the fact that the majority of these people that are now living who they are have the full support of their friends, neighbors and community in most instances. Get used to it.
We will support equal treatment of all Americans and will not stand by and allow you or anyone to attack any American by labeling them immoral because of how they were born without being challenged each and every time you do so. Get used to it.
Each and every time you insult a fellow Christian and church member of mine you insult me. My faith does not tolerate that.

It is immoral, and the bible states it unequivicolly in quite a few places.

If you don't like it, take it up with God. Otherwise, continue to pretend the Bible doesn't condemn it.

And I have no idea what sort of faith you have, btw. You've proven here that you're clueless about the contents of the bible. Additionally, I can think of no Christian denomination where members are encouraged to say things like "Our faith doesn't tolerate that". It's as if you place your faith above God and the bible, and it's hinky.

So the bible speaks of Eunuchs Servers?
Yeah but the point is Jesus is a "personal" savior. And your choice is to live your life for him not an imitation of "Billy Sunday". That is the difference between faith and religion.

The section I quoted said Matthew 19-11 "But he said to them, "Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given."

Sounds like tolerance to me.

Jesus didn't replace the law, he fulfilled it.

There is no such thing as fulfilling the law.

The laws are ongoing.

There is a law not to steal. That is ongoing. There is a law against robbery that is on going. There are 613 laws. They are perpetual.

All the laws in the Torah last forever.

The Torah has nothing to do with jesus or the new testament.

The subject of homosexuality is found in the Old Testament. I read a wonderful book by Jill and Leon Uris called Jerusalem: Song of Songs . It may not be in print any longer, but the gist of it in the section on Christianity says that Jesus taught the words and laws of what is now the Old Testament ... because he was a Jewish Rabbi. Jews don't consider him to be the Messiah - they are basically still waiting for the Messiah.

This is the one hangup I have with Christianity. I just have this thought in the back of my mind that says, "Thou shalt not have any other gods before me." I've been a member of a number of churches and I've gone to Temple and somehow the only thing that makes sense to me is Judaism. I do believe in God, I really do ... but it just seems that Jesus, and in some cases Mary, Joseph and other saints have become objects of worship.

Still, I think everyone should have the freedom to follow the religion of their choice and not try to force their beliefs on others - or try to do away with religion by force of law.

Absolutely right.

You can not believe in the Torah, and worship jesus in any manner.

G-D said in numerous passages and explicitly not to worship anyone but him, and not to rely on anyone but him. That only G-D is the saviour.

Christianity contradicts that. By definition it centers on jesus.

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)
I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalms, 45:6)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

Praise be to the Lord … from everlasting to everlasting… (1 Chronicles, 16:36)

But You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalms, 92:8)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

Jesus didn't replace the law, he fulfilled it.

There is no such thing as fulfilling the law.

The laws are ongoing.

There is a law not to steal. That is ongoing. There is a law against robbery that is on going. There are 613 laws. They are perpetual.

All the laws in the Torah last forever.

The Torah has nothing to do with jesus or the new testament.

Mathew 5:17:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Which is impossible. The laws are perpetual and between G-d and the Jews. The laws have nothing to do with Jesus .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back