A Rare Moment Of Sanity From The GOP, McCain Unloads On Paul

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Comity?

McCain Slams Rand Paul Filibuster - Business Insider

U.S. Sen. John McCain blasted fellow Republican Rand Paul on the Senate floor this morning for his 13-hour filibuster against the Obama administration's drone policies.

"Calm down, Senator," McCain said, in an apostrophe to Paul. "The U.S. government cannot randomly target U.S. citizens."

McCain argued that Paul's warning that the Obama could target would U.S. citizens in "cafes" on American soil, and his related "Jane Fonda" analogy, bring the debate into the "realm of the ridiculous."

"If Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stuntes than fire up impressionable libertarian kids," he said. "I don't think what happened yesterday is helpful to the American people."

Taking the floor after McCain, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) echoed these criticisms, adding that he was "disappointed" in his Republican colleagues who supported Paul's filibuster.

McCain and Graham represent the hawkish flank of the Republican Party

<snip>

McCain and Graham demonstrate once again why the base doesn't like them by refusing to stand up to the administration on important issues.

Here come the rw excuses.

This has been our law for some generations now and it was Bush who made the changes without putting it to congress. Where were the the civil rights concerns then?

If Obama has committed an impeachable act, why doesn't Paul move to impeach?

And, why is Paul against civil rights for people of color but not for terrorists?

The real reason for Paul's Prolonged pout are two fold - One is that he's running for prez and two, Rs always like wars because it lines their war profiteering pockets.

Personally, I don't like drones. But, I like millions of deaths and trillions spent on nothing a lot more.

the internal war of the GOP continues.

the tea party or the republicans of old are going to have to be a third party soon

the internal war of the GOP continues.

the tea party or the republicans of old are going to have to be a third party soon

I cannot recall the last time I referred to John McCain as a Republican. RINO maybe, but not a Republican.

If Paul didn't do what he did, nobody else would.

Then left would take that Obama drone policy for granted.
Well, they already did...

You know I hate those two more than I do Rand Paul. Gossipy old farts.

Here come the rw excuses.

This has been our law for some generations now and it was Bush who made the changes without putting it to congress. Where were the the civil rights concerns then?

If Obama has committed an impeachable act, why doesn't Paul move to impeach?

And, why is Paul against civil rights for people of color but not for terrorists?

The real reason for Paul's Prolonged pout are two fold - One is that he's running for prez and two, Rs always like wars because it lines their war profiteering pockets.

Personally, I don't like drones. But, I like millions of deaths and trillions spent on nothing a lot more.

What a wonderful, wonderful non sequitur. It doesn't matter who started it. It matters that it continues.

You got beat up a lot in school, didn't you?

Rand Paul believes drones are imbued with magical properties which usurp centuries of domestic law enforcement case law.

Tanks? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Helicopters? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Grenade launchers? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Pointy carbon knives? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Drones? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to- OHMYGOD HE'S GOING TO START STRAFING LIBERTARIANS AND PEOPLE WHO PAY CASH!!!

Rand Paul believes drones are imbued with magical properties which usurp centuries of domestic law enforcement case law.

Tanks? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Helicopters? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Grenade launchers? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Pointy carbon knives? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to kill Americans without due process.

Drones? Never been used unconstitutionally by Obama to- OHMYGOD HE'S GOING TO START STRAFING LIBERTARIANS AND PEOPLE WHO PAY CASH!!!

America used a drone to kill an American citizen without due process.

Do you live in a cave or something? Are you willfully blind to facts? Are you a bot?

it was a lame stunt, but seriously isn't our drone policy a tad bit more in need of airing and seeing exactly what due process/oversight is exercised than getting to the bottom of Hagel's role in Benghazi? And, really, don't we all know what W was doing in AF1 while the Towers fell, as well as what Obama was doing when he got a call that am Ambassador was down? The word "shit" probably came up.

The filibuster wasn't about any drone program although he railed against it but it was meant to hold up the nomination of John Brennan.

You people are stupid.

Comity?

U.S. Sen. John McCain blasted fellow Republican Rand Paul on the Senate floor this morning for his 13-hour filibuster against the Obama administration's drone policies.

"Calm down, Senator," McCain said, in an apostrophe to Paul. "The U.S. government cannot randomly target U.S. citizens."

McCain argued that Paul's warning that the Obama could target would U.S. citizens in "cafes" on American soil, and his related "Jane Fonda" analogy, bring the debate into the "realm of the ridiculous."

"If Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stuntes than fire up impressionable libertarian kids," he said. "I don't think what happened yesterday is helpful to the American people."

Taking the floor after McCain, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) echoed these criticisms, adding that he was "disappointed" in his Republican colleagues who supported Paul's filibuster.

<snip>

Oh seriously. They're just pissed that Paul usurped their spotlight. THEY are supposed to be the ones who get the camera time over stupid shit, not this little upstart.

I may not agree with Paul on most of his blather, but I do give him credit for being willing to actually filibuster. He stood up and ranted for 11 hours. Next week no one will remember what he said, but they will remember that he actually had the balls to do it.

Comity?

<snip>

It's funny, more than anything.

Rand needs to keep shoring up the anti-war game as much as Obama did in 2006-2008.

The filibuster wasn't about any drone program although he railed against it but it was meant to hold up the nomination of John Brennan.

You people are stupid.

Brennan is irrelevant. It's not like if he was somehow defeated Obama is going to nominate somebody better. The policies themselves are the problem.

Forum List

Back