A sad fact of American politics.

First of all, no one ever denied that it was a "terrorist attack". Whether or not it happened because of the video is irrelevant - it was a terrorist attack, whether it was "spontaneous" or planned for months - and Obama said as much the day it happened.

Nor was the story about the movie "completely fabricated". There were protests all over the middle east about the "film", and it's a fairly safe bet to assume that the people who attacked the Benghazi consulate used the "film" to rile people up for the attack.

Politicians lie, all the time. It's silly to expect any differently, particularly where national security is involved.

My point is that we now know that Pres. Obama was well aware that it wasn't a mob fueled by rage from a video within hours of the attack, and I thought it was extremely bizarre and dishonest to trick the American people into believing that was the case

What purpose would that "trick" serve? It doesn't make any sense.

It was just a little suspicious - Doc - given the timing of the comments and the imminent election. It felt like he was downplaying the whole thing intentionally so that he wouldn't hurt his image.

I hate to be blunt, but nothing improves a President's approval rating than a giant terrorist attack. Remember Bush's approval rating after 9/11?

How would this have "hurt" Obama's image?

I get it in that the American public doesn't need to know every piece of confidential military info, but why make up a story and lie about it repeatedly for almost 2 weeks? Tell us "we don't know the cause", or it's "still being investigated"..

Anyways..

"We don't know the cause" for two weeks?

Do you seriously think that would be a good move, from a public relations standpoint?

As Hilary Clinton said, "What difference does it make" whether the attack was spontaneous or planned?
It makes a big difference to the family members of the 4 Americans who were killed including Ambassador Stevens.

No it doesnt...it doesnt matter or it doesnt bring them back.

The only reason it could matter is....I dont really know and no one has explained it either

yeah, because liberals like you don't care about honesty or accounatability

It makes a big difference to the family members of the 4 Americans who were killed including Ambassador Stevens.

The only reason it could matter is....I dont really know and no one has explained it either

Like I said no one has explained why this matters. Thanks for proving that right again. You have no answer

First of all, no one ever denied that it was a "terrorist attack". Whether or not it happened because of the video is irrelevant - it was a terrorist attack, whether it was "spontaneous" or planned for months - and Obama said as much the day it happened.

Nor was the story about the movie "completely fabricated". There were protests all over the middle east about the "film", and it's a fairly safe bet to assume that the people who attacked the Benghazi consulate used the "film" to rile people up for the attack.

Politicians lie, all the time. It's silly to expect any differently, particularly where national security is involved.

My point is that we now know that Pres. Obama was well aware that it wasn't a mob fueled by rage from a video within hours of the attack, and I thought it was extremely bizarre and dishonest to trick the American people into believing that was the case

It was just a little suspicious - Doc - given the timing of the comments and the imminent election. It felt like he was downplaying the whole thing intentionally so that he wouldn't hurt his image.

I hate to be blunt, but nothing improves a President's approval rating than a giant terrorist attack. Remember Bush's approval rating after 9/11?

Bush's approval rating skyrocketed after 9/11, and this is because the landscape was COMPLETELY different 14 years ago. His rating went up as a sign of solidarity, as we "embarked" on our "noble" mission to rid the world of terrorism. In 2012, a terrorist attack on an embassy would be a sign of incompetence. You've been running the war for 4 years, Obama, why do we still have attacks, etc, etc?

Two different places in time we're talking about here.

The mob story and the spontaneity of it all would "soften" the blow as it was painted as something "we could have never planned for". All in all, it was dishonest. It was an intentional lie not to protect Americans, but rather to protect himself.

Do you seriously think that would be a good move, from a public relations standpoint?

Is it the American President's #1 job to make sure that at all times his PR is in good standing, or is it (rather) to keep the public as informed as they can be?

Last edited:

Like I said no one has explained why this matters. Thanks for proving that right again. You have no answer

nope, you just proved my point that you don' give a shit honesty or integrity. obama promised an open and transparent admin, and then lied and hid facts about benghazi. but yeah, who cares about accountability and honesty....

LOL

Btw how would she know if it was planned or spontaneous anyway? I could be wrong but I don't think they do RSVP.

It's like asking were the attackers wearing boxers or briefs. No matter the answer it doesn't do anything

Btw how would she know if it was planned or spontaneous anyway? I could be wrong but I don't think they do RSVP.

It's like asking were the attackers wearing boxers or briefs. No matter the answer it doesn't do anything

Well, to be fair it appears (by this article) that Obama and team didn't know what was going on for at least 2-3 minutes after the incident began. I suppose during those few minutes they may have made an honest mistake by assuming a video/protest was the cause.

After that, however, they knew it was a terrorist attack:

The Benghazi Transcripts: Top Defense officials briefed Obama on ?attack,? not video or protest | Fox News

Last edited:
Democrat Hillary Clinton: fired from her first law firm and her ethics called "questionable", a failure as state senator, a failure as Secretary of State, allowed four Americans to be killed in Benghazi, lied to Congress and the American people. Is the odds on favorite to be the DNC candidate for the presidency.

Republican Chris Christie: might have known when an underling closed lanes on a bridge to punish an opponent. Career is OVER.

Corruption and incompetency are desired traits for democrats.

A sad fact of American politics is that people like you complain about false equivalents while screaming nothing is equal

Oh look liberal sheep defending a liar politician.
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz......

I get it in that the American public doesn't need to know every piece of confidential military info, but why make up a story and lie about it repeatedly for almost 2 weeks? Tell us "we don't know the cause", or it's "still being investigated"..

Anyways..

Really? You can't figure out what the trick served? During an election year? When Obama was tling us he had routed the terrorists? Really?

Until we take out the uber wealthy's influence on politics nothing is going to change. Why do we need multi millionaires running the country? WHY not some janitor who has been faithfully making $35,000 a year and has been stuck at that salary for 20 years? What about the hard working average guy who really hasn't been successful. He/she would get my vote immediately. Call it class warfare. I'll wear the T shirt with pride.

As Hilary Clinton said, "What difference does it make" whether the attack was spontaneous or planned?

Why?

Will they be any less dead if it was a long-planned attack or a spontaneous one?

Well, it apparently does make a diference to the mother of the late Ambassador Stevens:

The mother of Chris Stevens, the ambassador that was killed in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, says her son never questioned his personal safety. She says the lack of information and political debate surrounding her son’s death has not provided the family much closure.

Chris Stevens? mother speaks out - The Washington Post

Why?

Will they be any less dead if it was a long-planned attack or a spontaneous one?

Well, it apparently does make a diference to the mother of the late Ambassador Stevens:

The mother of Chris Stevens, the ambassador that was killed in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, says her son never questioned his personal safety. She says the lack of information and political debate surrounding her son’s death has not provided the family much closure.

I read that as her saying that she can't get closure because people like you keep trying to use Stevens' death as a political football...

Why?

Quoting the mother doesnt answer what difference it makes if it is spontaneous or planned. In fact I bet the mother, when referring to lack of information isnt referring to wether the attackers planned it or if it just happened.

No one but the attackers would know that. Also, she mentions the political debate too. I havent seen any right wingers drop it because of it tho.

Why?

I read that as her saying that she can't get closure because people like you keep trying to use Stevens' death as a political football...

Well, not quite. At least not for the mother of the late Consulate Staffer Sean Smith. To her, it does make a difference.

WASHINGTON — The grieving mother of one of four Americans slain at the US Consulate in Libya was furious yesterday that the government still can’t tell her what happened a day after President Obama strangely said the tragedy was “not optimal.”

“Everyone’s giving me different answers. I don’t have good answers, and they are not giving me good answers. Some of the people [from the government] looked me right in the eye and lied to me,” said Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, a State Department technology expert who died with Ambassador Chris Stevens and two security officials in the attack in Benghazi last month.

Mother of slain Benghazi consulate staffer livid over lack of answers | New York Post

Speaking only for myself.....

What really pissed me off was Shrillary's indifference - the casual way she dismissed those deaths as a cost of doing business.

Of course when that IS one's normal mode of doing business........then maybe I should cut her a little slack.

Speaking only for myself.....

What really pissed me off was Shrillary's indifference - the casual way she dismissed those deaths as a cost of doing business.

Of course when that IS one's normal mode of doing business........then maybe I should cut her a little slack.

Yeah but when your gasping and drama queenery is over what difference does it make if it was planned or not?

Now gasp again. Say OMG. You might even throw a drink on someone but you wont have an answer just more gasps

Well, yeah.

Shrillary might not have had answers. In which case she was incompetent.

Or she might have had answers but, in her mental state, forgot what they were.

Either way, I guess your expectations of a president would be over fulfilled.

This is so laughable and depressing. Knowing whether the attack was planned or spontaneous would better inform us whether the deceased were targets or random victims, let alone whether the cause was Muslim terrorism or amateur filmmaking.

Good Lord, we hear all the time about how the families of murder victims want answers, and we sympathize with them. The idea that the families of these four Americans don't deserve closure is disgusting.

Oh face facts.

The truth is way easier than real or imagined scandals ...

529472_709103749134610_1045642145_n.jpg

Forum List

Back