A sign that there is something seriously wrong with our society.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I found an article title Problem Solving Theory vs. Critical Theory. The article doesn't make any more sense than the title. This stuff is influencing our educational system and society and it needs to stop.

Problem solving is all there is to any intellectual endeavor that is important. You first acquire applicable knowledge, then find the problem someone needs you to solve, creatively come up with a solution, implement it with good logical reasoning ability, and test it by looking for potential flaws to make sure it works (the critical thinking part of problem solving) and explain to them that you have solved their problem. That is it. That is all there is to any intellectual endeavor of importance. That is the very essence of what our brains are for, to see your spouse or someone you know that has a problem they need you to solve and solve it for them.

Anything that isn't a problem that needs to be solved is either for entertainment purposes or meaningless.

I found an article title Problem Solving Theory vs. Critical Theory. The article doesn't make any more sense than the title. This stuff is influencing our educational system and society and it needs to stop.

Problem solving is all there is to any intellectual endeavor that is important. You first acquire applicable knowledge, then find the problem someone needs you to solve, creatively come up with a solution, implement it with good logical reasoning ability, and test it by looking for potential flaws to make sure it works (the critical thinking part of problem solving) and explain to them that you have solved their problem. That is it. That is all there is to any intellectual endeavor of importance. That is the very essence of what our brains are for, to see your spouse or someone you know that has a problem they need you to solve and solve it for them.

Anything that isn't a problem that needs to be solved is either for entertainment purposes or meaningless.

Critical Theory is the philosophical Marxist-postmodernist basis for much of the social justice warrior jargon lexicon, anti-fascist call to action and new religion of political correctness. Traditional Theories, things like absolute codes of moral behavior, individual freedom and rights, rule of law, social contract, human biological nature, and as you've already mentioned, the ancient practice of problem solving theory, are considered by the postmodernist radical left to be inherently oppressive hierarchical concepts and constructs which keep people at the bottom of society—minorities and women in particular. Of course such belief is madness seeing how Western Civilization was constructed on Traditional Theory and Critical Theory by its nature cannot accept traditional beliefs or entities of any kind and ultimately seeks to undo them. I've included a link for your reading pleasure.

Critical Theory (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Critical Theory is the philosophical Marxist-postmodernist basis for much of the social justice warrior jargon lexicon, anti-fascist call to action and new religion of political correctness. Traditional Theories, things like absolute codes of moral behavior, individual freedom and rights, rule of law, social contract, human biological nature, and as you've already mentioned, the ancient practice of problem solving theory, are considered by the postmodernist radical left to be inherently oppressive hierarchical concepts and constructs which keep people at the bottom of society—minorities and women in particular. Of course such belief is madness seeing how Western Civilization was constructed on Traditional Theory and Critical Theory by its nature cannot accept traditional beliefs or entities of any kind and ultimately seeks to undo them. I've included a link for your reading pleasure.

Critical Theory (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

I've been reading it and Critical Theory is garbage. I'm not saying it's useless, I'm say it's worse than useless. It is a flaming bag of shit dropped into the mailbox of Western Civilization at TAXPAYER expense.

Forum List

Back