What are you listening to?

DudleySmith Some 60's and early 70's music I can get away with. It's all just string guitar and piano so it all sounds twangy to me. It's why I just don't like the likes of the Beetles. Put electric guitars and synthesizers in and it all changes. Didn't really get into music until late 70's, then loved the 80's

DudleySmith Some 60's and early 70's music I can get away with. It's all just string guitar and piano so it all sounds twangy to me. It's why I just don't like the likes of the Beetles. Put electric guitars and synthesizers in and it all changes. Didn't really get into music until late 70's, then loved the 80's

I;m not a Beatles fan either. A lot of the early stuff was mono and the electronics were not that good either, and only a handful of recording studios had decent custom gear. It was mostly aimed at AM radio and high range notes, which is why female singers always sounded better on the radio, and in general. Most of my early favorites are females, and still are today. Etta James, Dusty Springfield, etc. My favorite era is late 60's through the 1980's re rock and jazz.

I;m not a Beatles fan either. A lot of the early stuff was mono and the electronics were not that good either, and only a handful of recording studios had decent custom gear. It was mostly aimed at AM radio and high range notes, which is why female singers always sounded better on the radio, and in general. Most of my early favorites are females, and still are today. Etta James, Dusty Springfield, etc. My favorite era is late 60's through the 1980's re rock and jazz.
What we have to remember about the Beatles they were one of the bands that led a music revolution in the UK, if not THE ones, they were still learning their craft and the technology was not what is is today, which i think is a good thing up to a point, you can't hide on stage live when it's you and the Marshalls, and the song writing was unbelievable, although there were still some good artists in the 80s that's when it all started to go downhill, the garbage at Glastonbury showed that, it was dire.

Forum List

Back