Zone1 Is Jesus God?

Exodus 3:14
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

I AM is a translation of the word ehyeh or אֶֽהְיֶ֣ה . There is a good discussion on the topic of why there is an issue with the translation at this site,

"I am" in Greek Septuagint translation of Exodus 3:14 vs. John 8:58 - how do they compare?

Basically the meaning of ehyeh is "to be". But in Hebrew there is no present tense word for ehyeh. Many translations into English have given it the present tense of "I am" while others stick with a future tense of "I will be". That is the whole crux of the confusion. If God were to say "I AM" to a Hebrew, they apparently would not have a way to write that but would use a different tense like "I will be". The problem appears to be that Hebrew didn't allow for a present tense.

Yes, and I agree that only one being executed the plan to implement the creation. However, I showed you that there was conversation between more than one being to decide on the plan of creation in Gen 1:26.

Jehovah is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the God of the Old Testament. He is the creator and Savior of the world. It was He who appeared to the Old Testament prophets and it was He who led Israel out of Egypt. So yes, Jehovah is the only Savior.

I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour, Isa. 43:11.
I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, Isa. 60:16.
a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord, Luke 2:11.
Thomas … said unto him, My Lord and my God, John 20:28.
Whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

Your facts don't address the actual issue. Jesus is the "I AM" or "I Will Be" or however you translate it. He is the God of the Old Testament appearing and speaking in behalf of the godhead who consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. God the Father never appeared before the ancient prophets of the Old Testament.

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Hebrew scholars say that OT statement translates-i will be what i will be.

God gave Jesus all authority in heaven and on earth.
He gave Jesus back what was His from before the world was created.

Now, since you don't want to answer for real, I'll up the ante. Who has the power to grant eternal life and who has the power to forgive sin? Remember, the Jews tried to kill Jesus when He made some claims, and why? Because they knew exactly what He was claiming, to be God. Are you calling Jesus a liar?

Hebrew scholars say that OT statement translates-i will be what i will be.
Regardless, Jesus took that title for Himself, something the Jews KNEW meant He was claiming to be God and tried to kill Him. Are you calling Jesus a liar?

Forum List

Back