Supreme Court Watch: Chevron Doctrine

No I didnt. There are a few thousand up to 10000 a year with Biden. And there is the problem. EPA pushing green crap.

Time for them to do their damn jobs. Cry me a river
The Chevron decision goes way beyond the EPA. It affects every agency that monitors from our food to our work safety. The Chevron decision gives the green light for big polluters and other bad actors to pollute and abuse the system, and then tie up their bad conduct for years and years in court.

The Chevron decision goes way beyond the EPA. It affects every agency that monitors from our food to our work safety. The Chevron decision gives the green light for big polluters and other bad actors to pollute and abuse the system, and then tie up their bad conduct for years and years in court.
No . It stops abuses from unelected govt workers.

The sheer numbers of CFRs is Insanity.

As far as Politicians having to vote on new CFRs. Maybe they finally have to work some for a living. Care less if they feel burdened

Teabaggers want the corporations to decide what is good for them.

Regulations are there for a reason.
Someone, somewhere............... fucked up.

Texas workers' water break rules will be eliminated as ...​

1719676420966.png
The Texas Tribune
https://www.texastribune.org › 2023/06/16 › texas-heat...

Jun 16, 2023 — Gov. Greg Abbott approved a law this week that will eliminate city and county ordinances like Austin's and Dallas' mandated water breaks.

DeSantis signs bill banning Florida counties from requiring ...​

1719676473653.jpeg
FOX 13 Tampa Bay
https://www.fox13news.com › news › desantis-signs-bil...

Apr 15, 2024 — A bill signed Thursday bans local governments from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers. And a bill DeSantis signed Friday strips ...

No . It stops abuses from unelected govt workers.

The sheer numbers of CFRs is Insanity.

As far as Politicians having to vote on new CFRs. Maybe they finally have to work some for a living. Care less if they feel burdened
There are a lot of CFRs because we live in a complicated world. SCOTUS is attempting to take us back to a time that no longer exists. The Chevron decision will result in chaos.

This is just not true. There's no green light, that is pure crap. The only thing this decision does is to take away the Chevron Defense that allows deference to gov't agencies in court cases where the law is ambiguous or obsolete. Agency decisions can still be upheld if a standard of reasonability is met, but that determination is no longer in the hands of the agencies but in the courts where it should be. IOW, there is a limit to how far a gov't agency can stretch their interpretation of a given law, and it is no longer up to them to make that call. And if anyone has a problem with that, tough shit. Maybe Congress oughta do their damn jobs, hmm? And I mean both sides too.

Congress Job #1 Fucking over the American taxpayer

The greeks put their corrupt politicians to death, we keep re electing ours and then wonder why we're so fucked
Weeeellllll, I think we are figuring out that they have been cheating in elections for a long, long time.

That's why they are so desperate to demand obedience the "election process".

No doubt may be cast upon the process.

YES, it does.

U.S. Code

View attachment 968972
House.gov
https://uscode.house.gov
The United States Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States. It is prepared by the ...

The United States Code ("Code") contains the general and permanent laws of the United States, arranged into 54 broad titles according to subject matter. The organization of the Code was originally established by Congress in 1926 with the enactment of the act of June 30, 1926, chapter 712.
Since then, 27 of the titles, referred to as positive law titles, have been restated and enacted into law by Congress as titles of the Code.
The remaining titles, referred to as non-positive law titles, are made up of sections from many acts of Congress that were either included in the original Code or subsequently added by the editors of the Code, i.e., the Office of the Law Revision Counsel, and its predecessors in the House of Representatives.

II. THE CONGRESS​

Article I, Section 1, of the United States Constitution, provides that:

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

JOINT RESOLUTIONS​

Joint resolutions may originate either in the House of Representatives or in the Senate—not, as is sometimes incorrectly assumed, jointly in both Houses.
There is little practical difference between a bill and a joint resolution and the two forms are sometimes used interchangeably. One difference in form is that a joint resolution may include a preamble preceding the resolving clause.

Statutes that have been initiated as bills may be amended by a joint resolution and vice versa.
And you cherry pick, as usual.

And you cherry pick, as usual.
WTF?

Congress makes laws, makes statues and codes, DUMBASS.
IN the constitution.

I "Cherry picked"...................

Article I​

Section 1​

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

WTF?

Congress makes laws, makes statues and codes, DUMBASS.
IN the constitution.

I "Cherry picked"...................

Article I​

Section 1​

Correct. CONGRESS. Not the government agencies. That's the whole point that whooshed right over your tiny little head!

Correct. CONGRESS. Not the government agencies. That's the whole point that whooshed right over your tiny little head!
WTF?
Can you read?

Congress gave THEMSELVES that power, DUMBASS.
Every code, statute and law.
Unless done by executive order by the president.

Agencies can't make up a law.
They have to follow it, IDIOT.

So, Congress’ full time job now is monitoring every piece of legislation they pass? Why the hell should anyone in Congress be concerned about “ground rod resistence?” You just proved my point why this Chevron decision will result in a giant Clusterf*ck.
Congress should be concerned about ALL rules and regulations with force of law passed by a faceless unelected bureaucracy. There is no way that we can know whether those in those bureaucracies have sufficient intelligence or expertise to know what necessary rules and regulations should be. As a result we have the ridiculous situations in which an OSHA inspector requires the barely getting by owner of a small firm to buy a fireproof metal storage cabinet (many hundreds of $ or more than $1000) for the one can of oil base paint in the shop. (Yes that has happened.) Last I heard, the standard minimum OSHA penalty for violations was more than $13,000. Plenty of opportunity for mischief there.

My hubby once took an exam for a government position in our state and scored the highest score ever scored for that exam. Did he get a job? Nope. Went to a friend of a prestigious Democrat. That is likely the case when the overwhelming number of the 2 million plus employees in the federal government vote Democrat and I would guess it isn't your credentials and experience that gets you most of those jobs but who you know.

WTF?
Can you read?

The States gave the power to the Congress- that's what the Constitution does. Or to put it another way, the States established the Congress for that purpose.

The SCOTUS has been looking for a vehicle to address Chevron for several years now, this one fit their needs.

The point is to return to something closer to the original intent of the Framers- i.e. to put the burden of making laws back on the elected representatives who can (in theory) be held accountable for the laws they pass.

The business of writing ambiguous laws, and relying on the agencies to write the regulations that we live by is not what the Constitution imagines. When the agencies are giving free reign there is no accountability.

So this puts the burden back where it belongs, and what it will likely mean is that regulations that have an economic impact over a certain threshold will have to be approved by the Congress.

This is a good decision because the agencies tend to run amok at times with their interpretations, and it puts the onus back on the Congress to approve these sweeping interpretations.

WTF?
Can you read?

No, you fucking moron, THE CONSTITUTION gives them that power.

As we all should.

Fixing a problem takes too long now, imagine if we have to go through the courts to get big corporations to stop polluting our water and our air.
So, do you believe that every gov't agency should have the power to do whatever they want according to their politics? And when challenged or sued in court, the agency can claim that we thought this ambiguous authorizes what we're doing and we have the final say and the courts should defer to us.

Do you understand the ideal of the rule of law rather than the rule of men? The Chevron Doctrine advances the power of unelected people over the rest of us. You strike me as a person who is fine with that as long as those unelected people are democrats, but I'm guessing you'd have a big problem if those people were republicans. And that mkes you a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back