Zone1 Is Jesus God?

Here are a few verses from the New World Translation found at JW.org.

Exodus 6:2-3
2 Then God said to Moses: “I am Jehovah.
3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

Here Jehovah is said to appear to Abraham, Isaac, an Jacob as God Almighty.

Genesis 32:30
30 So Jacob named the place Pe·niʹel,* for he said, “I have seen God face-to-face, yet my life* was preserved.”

Here Jacob sees God face to face.

Exodus 33:11
11 Jehovah spoke to Moses face-to-face, just as one man would speak to another man. When he returned to the camp, Joshua the son of Nun, his minister and attendant, would not depart from the tent.

Here Jehovah spoke with Moses face to face as one man would speak to another man.

Finally we read in John 1 the following:

John 1:18
18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.

Here we learn that, speaking of God the Father, no man has seen Him. If no man has seen God the Father up until the time John wrote his gospel, then who was Jehovah who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Who was God that Jacob saw face to face? Who was Jehovah that spoke to Moses face to face? If, according to John 1:18, no man has see God the Father at any time, who was it that was seen by all the prophets mentioned above? Was it not Jesus who proclaimed that He was I AM (John 8:58)? The God who saved Israel from the land of Egypt, is He not the Savior?

Isaiah 43:3
3 For I am Jehovah your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I have given Egypt as a ransom for you, E·thi·oʹpi·a and Seʹba in exchange for you.

Hosea 13:4
4 But I am Jehovah your God from* the land of Egypt; You knew no God except me, And besides me there is no savior.

Here are a few verses from the New World Translation found at JW.org.

Exodus 6:2-3
2 Then God said to Moses: “I am Jehovah.
3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

Here Jehovah is said to appear to Abraham, Isaac, an Jacob as God Almighty.

Genesis 32:30
30 So Jacob named the place Pe·niʹel,* for he said, “I have seen God face-to-face, yet my life* was preserved.”

Here Jacob sees God face to face.

Exodus 33:11
11 Jehovah spoke to Moses face-to-face, just as one man would speak to another man. When he returned to the camp, Joshua the son of Nun, his minister and attendant, would not depart from the tent.

Here Jehovah spoke with Moses face to face as one man would speak to another man.

Finally we read in John 1 the following:

18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.

Here we learn that, speaking of God the Father, no man has seen Him. If no man has seen God the Father up until the time John wrote his gospel, then who was Jehovah who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Who was God that Jacob saw face to face? Who was Jehovah that spoke to Moses face to face? If, according to John 1:18, no man has see God the Father at any time, who was it that was seen by all the prophets mentioned above? Was it not Jesus who proclaimed that He was I AM (John 8:58)? The God who saved Israel from the land of Egypt, is He not the Savior?

Isaiah 43:3
3 For I am Jehovah your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I have given Egypt as a ransom for you, E·thi·oʹpi·a and Seʹba in exchange for you.

Hosea 13:4
4 But I am Jehovah your God from* the land of Egypt; You knew no God except me, And besides me there is no savior.
He didn't literally see God face to face. A vision or an angel. One can also say they see God face to face by learning his will.
Jehovah was the only savior in the Ot days. Jesus became a savior by completing the ransom sacrifice.

He didn't literally see God face to face. A vision or an angel. One can also say they see God face to face by learning his will.
Jehovah was the only savior in the Ot days. Jesus became a savior by completing the ransom sacrifice.
So, if I sit down and learn about God by reading the Bible I can then claim that I have seen and spoke to God face to face, just as one man would speak to another man! That sounds quite deceptive in my estmation.

You adding to the bible worship when its not in that passage is a serious mistake. Honor and glory is not worship.
So what is worship? Is it not to give honor and glory because one is worthy? Look, you can't avoid the reality that we see Jesus AND the Father receiving the same honor, the same power, the same glory. Angels do NOT do that, and God does not allow anyone else to receive what is due to Him. Sorry, but you're just plain lying in the face of Scripture, denying what is right in front of you.

A question for you. Who has the power to grant eternal life? Be honest, does anyone short of God Himself have that power?

"Just as one man would speak to another man". Sorry, but once again you're lying in the face of what is right in front of you.

So, if I sit down and learn about God by reading the Bible I can then claim that I have seen and spoke to God face to face, just as one man would speak to another man! That sounds quite deceptive in my estmation.
There are many alternate meanings in Gods bible.

So what is worship? Is it not to give honor and glory because one is worthy? Look, you can't avoid the reality that we see Jesus AND the Father receiving the same honor, the same power, the same glory. Angels do NOT do that, and God does not allow anyone else to receive what is due to Him. Sorry, but you're just plain lying in the face of Scripture, denying what is right in front of you.

A question for you. Who has the power to grant eternal life? Be honest, does anyone short of God Himself have that power?
Yes ( Matt 28:18)God gave Jesus all authority--If he were God he already would of had it.

Nt says--No man has EVER seen God--Are you calling God a liar?
It says that no man has seen God the Father. It doesn't say that no man hath see God the Son. Jesus is Jehovah, God Almighty, I AM, and the Savior of the Old Testament. It was He whom the prophets saw and spoke to face to face as one man speaketh to another man. It was God the Father and Jesus Christ in Genesis 1 who decided to make man in their image and their likeness.

Genesis 1:26-27
26 Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every creeping animal that is moving on the earth.”
27 And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

In verse 26 the God's (both Father and Son) decide to create mankind in their image an their likeness. In verse 27, God the Son goes forth and creates mankind. We know this because the Father created all things by the Word of God who is Jesus Christ according to John 1:1-3 and 14.

John 1:1-3, 14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

NWT
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
2 This one was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. What has come into existence
14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth.

So we see that it was through Jesus Christ the Son of God that all things were made and thus mankind was made by him in both the image and likeness of the Father and Son. And as Genesis 1:27 labels this creator, "God", we see that Jesus, as a member of the Godhead was also God.

Colossian 2:8-10
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

NWT
8 Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;
9 because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.
10 So you have acquired a fullness by means of him, the one who is the head of all government and authority.

What is translated "Godhead" or "divine quality" comes from the Greek word, "θεότητος (theotētos)". Biblehub shows that this word has been translate as "Diety" or "Godhead" but your translators have translated it as "divine quality". So Jesus would have the fullness of the divine quality, Diety, or Godhead. I would believe that one who has a fulness of the divine quality or Diety or Godhead would be God as it tells us in Gen 1:27 that the creator was God.

Yes ( Matt 28:18)God gave Jesus all authority--If he were God he already would of had it.
Uh, you're again deliberately ignoring what I've already told you about this. Jesus gave up His position to become one of us, then was restored. Come on, you should be further along in your Biblical studies by now.

John 17

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Obviously, Jesus is reclaiming what He originally had. Now, who has the power to grant eternal life? Be honest, does anyone short of God Himself have that power?

It says that no man has seen God the Father. It doesn't say that no man hath see God the Son. Jesus is Jehovah, God Almighty, I AM, and the Savior of the Old Testament. It was He whom the prophets saw and spoke to face to face as one man speaketh to another man. It was God the Father and Jesus Christ in Genesis 1 who decided to make man in their image and their likeness.

Genesis 1:26-27
26 Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every creeping animal that is moving on the earth.”
27 And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

In verse 26 the God's (both Father and Son) decide to create mankind in their image an their likeness. In verse 27, God the Son goes forth and creates mankind. We know this because the Father created all things by the Word of God who is Jesus Christ according to John 1:1-3 and 14.

John 1:1-3, 14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

NWT
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
2 This one was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. What has come into existence
14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth.

So we see that it was through Jesus Christ the Son of God that all things were made and thus mankind was made by him in both the image and likeness of the Father and Son. And as Genesis 1:27 labels this creator, "God", we see that Jesus, as a member of the Godhead was also God.

Colossian 2:8-10
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

NWT
8 Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;
9 because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.
10 So you have acquired a fullness by means of him, the one who is the head of all government and authority.

What is translated "Godhead" or "divine quality" comes from the Greek word, "θεότητος (theotētos)". Biblehub shows that this word has been translate as "Diety" or "Godhead" but your translators have translated it as "divine quality". So Jesus would have the fullness of the divine quality, Diety, or Godhead. I would believe that one who has a fulness of the divine quality or Diety or Godhead would be God as it tells us in Gen 1:27 that the creator was God.
Gen 1:27= HE( NOT WE) created
Prov 8:27-28= HE created, not we.
Isaiah 40:26=HE created, not we.

Let us= Jehovah and his master worker( Prov 8:30)

You should ask yourself that, since the Bible clearly says Moses and God met face to fac

Uh, you're again deliberately ignoring what I've already told you about this. Jesus gave up His position to become one of us, then was restored. Come on, you should be further along in your Biblical studies by now.

John 17

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Obviously, Jesus is reclaiming what He originally had. Now, who has the power to grant eternal life? Be honest, does anyone short of God Himself have that power?
1Cor 15:24-28= At the end of the 1000 year reign=Rev 21:1)-Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself-----= forever.

Is God in subjection to any? Does God have a God?

Gen 1:27= HE( NOT WE) created
Yes, Jesus the creator God created mankind after the image of Himself and God the Father as per their decision in Gen 1:26

Gen 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God the Father and Jesus decide in verse 26 to create man in THEIR image and in THEIR likeness. Then in verse 27, Jesus, who is also God, executes the plan and HE creates mankind.

Prov 8:27-28= HE created, not we.
Isaiah 40:26=HE created, not we.

Let us= Jehovah and his master worker( Prov 8:30)
John 1:1-3
Jesus is the creator of ALL THINGS that are made. Even of man's physical bodies. So yes, Jesus, ie "He" created us! Jesus is Jehovah. Jesus is the God who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses. Jesus under the direction of God the Father is the God of the Old Testament and is our Savior. No man had seen God the Father according to John 1:18 up until John recorded his gospel. It couldn't have been God the Father who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or Moses. Who was it? It was the the Great I AM.

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jesus is Jehovah of the Old Testament

Jesus Christ, Jehovah

Yes, Jesus the creator God created mankind after the image of Himself and God the Father as per their decision in Gen 1:26

Gen 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God the Father and Jesus decide in verse 26 to create man in THEIR image and in THEIR likeness. Then in verse 27, Jesus, who is also God, executes the plan and HE creates mankind.

John 1:1-3
Jesus is the creator of ALL THINGS that are made. Even of man's physical bodies. So yes, Jesus, ie "He" created us! Jesus is Jehovah. Jesus is the God who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses. Jesus under the direction of God the Father is the God of the Old Testament and is our Savior. No man had seen God the Father according to John 1:18 up until John recorded his gospel. It couldn't have been God the Father who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or Moses. Who was it? It was the the Great I AM.

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jesus is Jehovah of the Old Testament

Jesus Christ, Jehovah

Hebrew scholars say there is no i am that i am in their Hebrew written OT-- it is trinity translating error to mislead.
I showed you-HE created, not WE created.
Jehovah was the only savior in the OT. Jesus became a savior by his ransom sacrifice in the NT.
LORD and GOD does not belong in Gods bible in the OT, God put YHVH(Jehovah) in nearly 6800 spots= Gods will. Satans will through wicked men to mislead removed Gods name against his will and replaced it with all capitol letter titles=GOD or LORD--TO MISLEAD.

See facts prove your errors.

1Cor 15:24-28= At the end of the 1000 year reign=Rev 21:1)-Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself-----= forever.

Is God in subjection to any? Does God have a God?
Is my boss at work any more human than I am? No. Jesus has lowered Himself, something you cannot deny.

Now, answer the question, who has the power to grant eternal life?

First, you're ignoring (and have been for a long, long time) the fact that Jesus LOWERED Himself and didn't think being equal with God something to be grasped.

Second, since He LOWERED Himself, He is merely being given back what He voluntarily gave up.

I've shown you all this and you continue to ignore it. That's really lame.

Now, answer the question, who has the power to grant eternal life?

Hebrew scholars say there is no i am that i am in their Hebrew written OT-- it is trinity translating error to mislead.
Exodus 3:14
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

I AM is a translation of the word ehyeh or אֶֽהְיֶ֣ה . There is a good discussion on the topic of why there is an issue with the translation at this site,

"I am" in Greek Septuagint translation of Exodus 3:14 vs. John 8:58 - how do they compare?

Basically the meaning of ehyeh is "to be". But in Hebrew there is no present tense word for ehyeh. Many translations into English have given it the present tense of "I am" while others stick with a future tense of "I will be". That is the whole crux of the confusion. If God were to say "I AM" to a Hebrew, they apparently would not have a way to write that but would use a different tense like "I will be". The problem appears to be that Hebrew didn't allow for a present tense.

I showed you-HE created, not WE created.
Yes, and I agree that only one being executed the plan to implement the creation. However, I showed you that there was conversation between more than one being to decide on the plan of creation in Gen 1:26.
Jehovah was the only savior in the OT. Jesus became a savior by his ransom sacrifice in the NT.
Jehovah is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the God of the Old Testament. He is the creator and Savior of the world. It was He who appeared to the Old Testament prophets and it was He who led Israel out of Egypt. So yes, Jehovah is the only Savior.

I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour, Isa. 43:11.
I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, Isa. 60:16.
a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord, Luke 2:11.
Thomas … said unto him, My Lord and my God, John 20:28.
Whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

LORD and GOD does not belong in Gods bible in the OT, God put YHVH(Jehovah) in nearly 6800 spots= Gods will. Satans will through wicked men to mislead removed Gods name against his will and replaced it with all capitol letter titles=GOD or LORD--TO MISLEAD.

See facts prove your errors.
Your facts don't address the actual issue. Jesus is the "I AM" or "I Will Be" or however you translate it. He is the God of the Old Testament appearing and speaking in behalf of the godhead who consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. God the Father never appeared before the ancient prophets of the Old Testament.

18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Forum List

Back