a spin on welfare

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Pay problem parents not to breed - mayor | World News | News.com.au

I kind of like this since the evidence it having kids is a meal ticket for the slothful..
AN outspoken Kiwi politician has proposed a new solution to the country's child abuse problem - pay the "appalling underclass" not to breed.

Michael Laws - who stirred up controversy by calling the late Tongan King a "bloated brown slug'' - has again hit the headlines.

"That there is a group within our society who give their children no hope nor opportunity from the moment that they are born," the regional mayor wrote on the New Zealand radio website where he broadcasts as a talkback DJ.

"That these ‘parents’ are known to authorities ... and yet the authorities can only intervene after children have been harmed."

Mr Laws goes on to write: "it would be far better for this appalling underclass to be offered financial inducements not to have children, given the toxic environment that they would provide for any child in their care."

The cure for welfare is to stop the checks and make them get their butts out there to work. Make people on welfare get random drug screens and if they fail they lose their benefits. Sterilization is a good remedy as well. It will save working taxpayers money and help the economy.

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunatly the ACLU would be all over that.

I get sick and tired of supporting those that kinda sorta forgot to get a job. Kinda sorta forgot to take birth control and kind sorta forgot to show one iota of responsibility for their own lives and the lives of their many kids. Welfare needs to go. If the free ride stops then you can bet your ass they will have to deal with their own responsibilities. You'd be surprised how quickly someone can find a job when the free ride comes to a screeching halt.

I'd also like to know when it became the responsibility of the working people in this country to take care of those that weren't. It says in the Constitution that public monies will not be used for charity. Well what the hell is Welfare if not charity??? I wonder how the clowns in DC got around that one???

The cure for welfare is to stop the checks and make them get their butts out there to work. Make people on welfare get random drug screens and if they fail they lose their benefits. Sterilization is a good remedy as well. It will save working taxpayers money and help the economy.

There is no such thing as "general welfare" anymore. There are individual programs, such as food stamps and WIC, designed for low-income families with children, Section 8 housing assistance (long waits for that), Medicaid and others run exclusively by individual states. But there is NO SYSTEMATIC PAYMENT OF MONIES to anyone, period.

Educate yourselves, would ya? One of the most successful BIPARTISAN program ever was the Welfare to Work initiative, which continues with a high success rate even today.

FRBSF Economic Letter: Did Welfare Reform Work for Everyone? A Look at Young Single Mothers (2009-24, 8/3/2009)

Since Congress overhauled the U.S. welfare system in 1996, single mothers between 18 and 24 have reduced welfare dependency, increased workforce participation, and registered gains in household income. The group's growing attachment to the labor force means they may be better positioned to take advantage of unemployment insurance during the current recession.

I kind of like this since the evidence it having kids is a meal ticket for the slothful..
AN outspoken Kiwi politician has proposed a new solution to the country's child abuse problem - pay the "appalling underclass" not to breed.

Michael Laws - who stirred up controversy by calling the late Tongan King a "bloated brown slug'' - has again hit the headlines.

"That there is a group within our society who give their children no hope nor opportunity from the moment that they are born," the regional mayor wrote on the New Zealand radio website where he broadcasts as a talkback DJ.

"That these ‘parents’ are known to authorities ... and yet the authorities can only intervene after children have been harmed."

Mr Laws goes on to write: "it would be far better for this appalling underclass to be offered financial inducements not to have children, given the toxic environment that they would provide for any child in their care."

How Hitler-esque. He sterilized stupid people too. Aren't you glad we don't do that? You'd no longer be able to breed.

How Hitler-esque. He sterilized stupid people too. Aren't you glad we don't do that? You'd no longer be able to breed.

are you talking shit to mrfitnah because he posted a story?

are you talking shit to mrfitnah because he posted a story?
She is clearly to deranged to pay any attention to .
Did she document how much Hitler was paying to have people volunteer to be fixed?
I had to pay, I want a rebate

There is no such thing as "general welfare" anymore. There are individual programs, such as food stamps and WIC, designed for low-income families with children, Section 8 housing assistance (long waits for that), Medicaid and others run exclusively by individual states. But there is NO SYSTEMATIC PAYMENT OF MONIES to anyone, period.

Educate yourselves, would ya? One of the most successful BIPARTISAN program ever was the Welfare to Work initiative, which continues with a high success rate even today.

FRBSF Economic Letter: Did Welfare Reform Work for Everyone? A Look at Young Single Mothers (2009-24, 8/3/2009)

Since Congress overhauled the U.S. welfare system in 1996, single mothers between 18 and 24 have reduced welfare dependency, increased workforce participation, and registered gains in household income. The group's growing attachment to the labor force means they may be better positioned to take advantage of unemployment insurance during the current recession.

And yet the poverty rate in the US has remained pretty constant for the last 30 years.

and their children loose the benefits also. Good idea!

Luissa, you know they want to take your kid, too. And let the gubmint raise him.

Good point, we should remove the children from them, and let the irresponsible parents suffer on their own.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
See, Luissa, told you. They want to forcibly sterilize poor people, then take their kids away from them and have them trained by some other entity, one that they approve of.

Good point, we should remove the children from them, and let the irresponsible parents suffer on their own.

if they are a crack head yes! If they are a pothead, no.

if they are a crack head yes! If they are a pothead, no.

The drug doesn't matter, the welfare does.
You seem to want to set arbitrary standards based upon your drug of choice. If you can afford drugs, you don't deserve government assistance (aka welfare).

Edit,
and by "you", I mean the generic "you" of people collecting welfare, not a specific person.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunatly the ACLU would be all over that.

I get sick and tired of supporting those that kinda sorta forgot to get a job. Kinda sorta forgot to take birth control and kind sorta forgot to show one iota of responsibility for their own lives and the lives of their many kids. Welfare needs to go. If the free ride stops then you can bet your ass they will have to deal with their own responsibilities. You'd be surprised how quickly someone can find a job when the free ride comes to a screeching halt.

I'd also like to know when it became the responsibility of the working people in this country to take care of those that weren't. It says in the Constitution that public monies will not be used for charity. Well what the hell is Welfare if not charity??? I wonder how the clowns in DC got around that one???
and everyone on welfare is looking for a free ride? yeah right! I had to go DSHS for a review because my son gets medical, I saw a lot of people who didn't look like they were trying to get a free ride. I saw a lot of people who just needed some help. I heard one guy say he would take anything right now he just wanted to work. Get over yourself.

Luissa, don't engage. Remember, they are the "caring" side. The side that just wants to lend a helping hand.

You can see what they really think of the people they condescend to "assist". They don't want to help you, they want to control you.

Forum List

Back