🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A THIRD of Americans making over $150k are living paycheck to paycheck...

If you make $150,000 a year you absolutely don't have a take home pay of $150,000. At a 36% tax bracket its $54,000.
That's NOT how the tax brackets work.
Everyone posting here should know that.
It's not 36 %,
M/FJ, At the 22% rate, you only pay 22% on the amount over $83,550.

You don't just take 36% of 150,000.
I hope you don't do your own taxes.....LOLLOLLOLLL

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 7.48.18 PM.png

Then they are complete dumbasses who don't know how to manage their money or they are living way above their means.

Wow, it seems that those that live around me make less than I do and I make a fraction of the 150K. If I made 150K I would be a little bit more on the upscale but I would still have about 75K or better sitting around. I can live fine but it's getting worse and worse.

In the last 20 years, I have gone from a solid middle class to a lower middle class income. And my increases haven't even come close to justifying the Cost of Living. I think that is what you are saying except you chose a very inflated group to make the point. Anyone making 150K a year should have zero problems making it. But someone making 30K is in big trouble. Imagine how those that make 24K are making it.

The poor have zero to do with the cost of living. It's the medium and high groups that dictates COS. But the lower income level people pay the highest price for it. There is the problem. The Corporate Greed.

Then they are complete dumbasses who don't know how to manage their money or they are living way above their means.

Not many times am I ever going to agree with you but after reading the title of this thread, this is exactly what I was thinking. If you're making OVER 150G'S A YEAR and you are living paycheck to paycheck, you are simply living beyond your means. I make a third of that and I have huge savings.

I was making about $40 an hour when I owned my Vegas UPS STORE.
Still I was breaking EVEN with my rent, food, gas ,utilites, HEALTH CARE

I have no KIDS. Big shocker lol

You'll have to read the article...but the article says these folks are using credit cards to make up the difference.

13k gross is about 9k net.

$2000 a month mortgage. $1200 in car payments. $1500 in insurance. $600 utilities. $400 in gasoline. $1200 for food. We're at $6900 and we haven't mowed the lawn, paid the orthodontist, fixed a leaky pipe, paid the property tax, changed the oil, bought the kids school clothes, fed the dog, paid for daycare or the sitter...etc...
Who the hell is paying $600 per month on utilities and $1200 on food?
4i6Ckte.gif

$300 per week on food??? Does this person have no insulation in their house or do they live in the Taj Majal, living way above their means?

Are you going to the dentist monthly? Maybe brush your teeth regularly, would be my advice.
Leaky pipes? that might be a once per year type of issue. Not monthly.
I change my oil for $20 + $4 for the filter. Takes 20 minutes. And certainly not monthly.
Why do you have a $1200 per month car payment? Unless it's multiple vehicles, that's excessive. But someone making $150k maybe feels like they should be driving a new BMW. Meh. I have no use for status and bragging and showing off. But some people need it.

Insurance and daycare can be expensive. So I won't quibble with those. But a $2000 mortgage payment each month is either a really high interest rate or, again, living above your means. Unless you have a 15-year loan. Then I could see a high mortgage payment.

Last edited:
Inflation is 3.67%

NEXT!
"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average inflation rate for select CPI categories between 2020 and 2023 was 5.86% per year, resulting in a cumulative price increase of 18.63%. This means that today's prices are 1.19 times as high as average prices since 2020."

Costs have gone up almost 20% in three years!

If one nets $X per month and spends $X per month, by definition, that is living paycheck to paycheck.

Doesn't matter where the money is spent.
Spin Away.
Gotta find a way to suggest biden is at fault.....don't ya.
Haha yes it does matter if someone is spending that money by saving that money, they aren’t living pay check to pay check

Geez man, seriously get a job and out of your parents basement..

Thanks for highlighting once again how you don’t live in the real world

Could it be higher inflation putting a wedge into earnings and savings. Have you seen where
the mortgage rates stand? Have you looked around at how much the rentals are now?
Energy prices have surged with winter approaching.
Yeah...it's the dumbasses that mismanage their money living above their means.
Maybe they should just pick out a plot in a tent city. :rolleyes-41:
Do you really believe that someone who manages their money correctly should have any trouble living on $150K?

Could it be higher inflation putting a wedge into earnings and savings. Have you seen where
the mortgage rates stand? Have you looked around at how much the rentals are now?
Energy prices have surged with winter approaching.
Yeah...it's the dumbasses that mismanage their money living above their means.
Maybe they should just pick out a plot in a tent city. :rolleyes-41:
What year did the mortgage rates rise?

What year did energy prices rise?

What year did inflation start to rise?

You can rent or afford a mortgage payment nearly anywhere in the U.S. and still have plenty on $150k a year. How stupid are you? Or do you just argue stupid points just to argue?

If your NYC rent is $3,000 a month, that's $36,000 a year.

If your mortgage is more than $3,000 a month you are living above your means. But that $36,000 a year also leaves you with $114,000 a year. How are you not able to live on that?

And of course two of the board imbeciles think you made a genius post. :rolleyes:
View attachment 831505
you are forgetting income and payroll taxes

People live on the net pay

Forum List

Back