🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A THIRD of Americans making over $150k are living paycheck to paycheck...

Let the Democrat gaslighting continue...in...3...2...1...
People making 150K a year are probably putting large sums away in 'investments'.
Let's say one makes 13K per month, and nets 9-10K per month after deductions.

Let's suggest they own a nice home with a mortgage, not a bad thing, make payments on a nice car or two, enjoys going out to eat and spends money on entertainment, home improvements, gifts for family events, donating to Church or favorite Charity, and the children...............because they CAN.

Let's suggest that this amounts to 7K per month in bills and spending.
2K below their NET.

Then, they invest that 2K per month in their investment of choice.

Leaving NO EXTRA $$$$, so are these people REALLY living paycheck to paycheck.
Math is difficult to many.

Tell me how this is incorrect?

People making 150K a year are probably putting large sums away in 'investments'.

Let's suggest they own a nice home with a mortgage, not a bad thing, make payments on a nice car or two, enjoys going out to eat and spends money on entertainment, home improvements, gifts for family events, donating to Church or favorite Charity, and the children...............because they CAN.

2K below their NET.

Haha because if you are investing you aren’t living paycheck to paycheck

Haha we all know that’s not living pay check to pay check…you are the one that’s making the claim it is.

Geez you aren’t bright
If one nets $X per month and spends $X per month, by definition, that is living paycheck to paycheck.

Doesn't matter where the money is spent.
Spin Away.
Gotta find a way to suggest biden is at fault.....don't ya.

2K below their NET.

You'll have to read the article...but the article says these folks are using credit cards to make up the difference.

13k gross is about 9k net.

$2000 a month mortgage. $1200 in car payments. $1500 in insurance. $600 utilities. $400 in gasoline. $1200 for food. We're at $6900 and we haven't mowed the lawn, paid the orthodontist, fixed a leaky pipe, paid the property tax, changed the oil, bought the kids school clothes, fed the dog, paid for daycare or the sitter...etc...

I demand to see a budget breakdown of this living paycheck to paycheck on 150K yearly income.

$2000 a month mortgage. $1200 in car payments. $1500 in insurance. $600 utilities. $400 in gasoline. $1200 for food. We're at $6900
As mentioned in post #48, I demand to see a breakdown.

$2,000 a month mortgage......interesting. Fair Number.
If you bought recently. If so, maybe one should have bought a more reasonably priced home.......I know.....the market is crazy.

$1,200 in Car Payments. Did this person just buy 2 NEW vehicles. Seems a bit high.

$1,500 in Insurance.......Like medical and auto, because your home insurance is included in the mortgage. I pay $33 for me and $33 for the wife. $66 in Medical Insurance. Does the $1,500 suggest that the person doesn't have employee insurance.
If one is self-employed, then maybe.
Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 5.54.56 PM.png

$600 in utilities per month.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 6.03.43 PM.png

$400 in gas. At let's say $4 per gallon, car getting 20 mpg, 1,000 miles would use 50 gallons or $200 per month. Times 2 cars = $400. If that's how much you drive, then sure.

$1,200 for food......that's $40 per day. Many can eat for cheaper than that, but if that's what you choose, then ok. A family could spend less.

....I know.....the market is crazy.
It is crazy. I bought my house in 2010 for less than $50k.

Trying to find a house for my folks in the neighborhood...same square footage...$300k. :cuckoo:
$1,200 in Car Payments. Do this person just buy 2 NEW vehicles. Seems a bit high.

That's a $600 payment

$1,500 in Insurance.......Like medical and auto, because your home insurance is included in the mortgage. I pay $33 for me and $33 for the wife. $66 in Medical Insurance. Does the $1,500 suggest that the person doesn't have employee insurance.
If one is self-employed, then maybe.
I just used Anthem's number for a family of four...

Screenshot_20230919-202112-551.png

$1,200 for food......that's $40 per day. Many can eat for cheaper than that, but if that's what you choose, then ok. A family could spend less.

It's expensive. I just went with what we spend at Walmart a week. Not all food though I reckon. Dish soap, trash bags, shampoo, etc all go into that.

$400 in gas. At let's say $4 per gallon, car getting 20 mpg, 1,000 miles would use 50 gallons or $200 per month. Times 2 cars = $400. If that's how much you drive, then sure.

That might be a little high. We ain't getting 20mpg.

I may get 11 in town.

Mrs. MO gets about 8...

IMG_20210809_190804582~3.jpg

Screenshot_20230919-204411-640.png

Does this ^^^^ include cell phones and internet?

Cuz that Missouri number looks pretty close on electric, gas, water, and sewer ...but add $100 for cell phones and $70 for internet, plus $35 for trash.

You'll have to read the article...but the article says these folks are using credit cards to make up the difference.

13k gross is about 9k net.

$2000 a month mortgage. $1200 in car payments. $1500 in insurance. $600 utilities. $400 in gasoline. $1200 for food. We're at $6900 and we haven't mowed the lawn, paid the orthodontist, fixed a leaky pipe, paid the property tax, changed the oil, bought the kids school clothes, fed the dog, paid for daycare or the sitter...etc...
Who pays 1200 a month on a car payment?

Unless you can afford that, just get a cheaper car for fucks sake.
there are cheaper options that are totally fine, functional cars.

Ditto for 2k mortgage payments

I don’t care how many kids you got. You don’t need a McMansion

Anyone, any family, anywhere in America that isn’t downtown Manhattan or Malibu beach or somewhere ridiculous like that can live comfortably on 120k a year. Period. End of discussion.

Anyone struggling at 120k a year is a fucking moron

Biden-flation is even squeezing higher income earners as it continues to hammer middle income and lower income Americans.

As Democrats continue to spread their "economic prosperity" propaganda spearheaded by the Biden Administration across the nation, all indications are the economy is in fact is on a steep downward trajectory.

Let the Democrat gaslighting continue...in...3...2...1...
Can't be. Biden and the Democrats all say things are going terrific.

Well, when we live in an era where people demand STARTING WAGES of $20-$25 an hour to flip burgers, we shouldn't be surprised that it takes a lot of money to run a household.
$50 thousand a year, used to be considered a very good wage, that would get you a high standard of living. Today, it's shit.
Yeah, well, this tread isn’t about people making 50k a year, is it?

If you make $150,000 a year you absolutely don't have a take home pay of $150,000. At a 36% tax bracket its $54,000. Take $36,000 from the remainder and you are eating hot dogs. Gas today is $6.93 a gallon.
Yes, we all know that. We all know gross pay does not equal net pay. Duh.

Where is gas 6.93 a gallon? Do you live in Hawaii?

It’s been like 3.59 to 4.00 for years in the Midwest.

Who pays 1200 a month on a car payment?

Unless you can afford that, just get a cheaper car for fucks sake.
there are cheaper options that are totally fine, functional cars.

Ditto for 2k mortgage payments

I don’t care how many kids you got. You don’t need a McMansion

Anyone, any family, anywhere in America that isn’t downtown Manhattan or Malibu beach or somewhere ridiculous like that can live comfortably on 120k a year. Period. End of discussion.

Anyone struggling at 120k a year is a fucking moron
You aren't getting a McMansion at 2k a month.

Screenshot_20230919-210143-189.png

^^^^ 2k mortgage

You aren't getting a McMansion at 2k a month.

View attachment 831585

^^^^ 2k mortgage

Well, don’t finance it if you can’t afford it.

$2000 a month isn’t some unthinkable expense.

A one bedroom apartment without a washer or dryer can easily go for 1200 a month rent. I’ve been able to afford that for years on a nurses salary well below 120k

If you really really need a house that size then you can easily budget it on 150k a year. Easy.

Well, don’t finance it if you can’t afford it.

$2000 a month isn’t some unthinkable expense.

A one bedroom apartment without a washer or dryer can easily go for 1200 a month rent. I’ve been able to afford that for years on a nurses salary well below 120k

If you really really need a house that size then you can easily budget it on 150k a year. Easy.
Before inflation went through the roof it was probably very doable.

People have been buying all the house they can afford and then some for many years now because price keep going up and up and up and up.

Before inflation went through the roof it was probably very doable.

People have been buying all the house they can afford and then some for many years now because price keep going up and up and up and up.
Living comfortably on 120k a year is still very doable

Forum List

Back