A Thought Provoking Documentary On The Origins Of The Story Of Jesus

AtheistBuddah

Jun 30, 2014
Nice try, internet :)
I encourage all who have not seen this to watch it with an open mind and come away with a broader understanding of the relationship between Christian and Roman history.

Note: To any Christians that may be offended by this and consider it an attack or a hypocritical proselytizing of my beliefs, you are free to not watch it. I encourage people to watch, but I do not expect or demand you to. Neither do I expect or demand that you agree with anything presented to you.

Last edited:
I'm curious about why so much of your focus is on Christianity. As an Atheist shouldn't you be equally concerned about Jews, Muslims, and Pagans? Did I miss your posts on criticisms of those religions? If so, would you be so kind as to link them as I'm interested in reading your criticisms.

Speaking generally, and not about you, I've found that a lot of Atheists I meet have a real bug up their ass about Christianity and their Atheism comes across as a tantrum or rebellion. Have you met those folks in your travels? I happen to find that Atheism motivated by tantrum or rebellion is not really well-reasoned.

I'm curious about why so much of your focus is on Christianity. As an Atheist shouldn't you be equally concerned about Jews, Muslims, and Pagans? Did I miss your posts on criticisms of those religions? If so, would you be so kind as to link them as I'm interested in reading your criticisms.

Speaking generally, and not about you, I've found that a lot of Atheists I meet have a real bug up their ass about Christianity and their Atheism comes across as a tantrum or rebellion. Have you met those folks in your travels? I happen to find that Atheism motivated by tantrum or rebellion is not really well-reasoned.

I have met some atheists like that and in fact I even dated one. I do admit that the vast majority of my posts containing criticisms of religion are of Christianity but that is because it is the dominant religion in the country that I live in (America) and therefore its impact on American society is very relevant to me. I have many critical opinions of Judaism and Islam as well, though those criticisms concern their impact on the Middle East and so that is not as relevant to me, so it is admittedly not in the forefront of my mind. Though you have caused me to reflect on this and I thank you for that. In the future I plan to make posts about those two religions as well. As for Eastern religions like Buddhism, Jainism, etc. I am still studying into some of them but what I have studied I agree with as far as their moral and ethical principals are concerned. I don't agree with their supernatural claims anymore than I agree with those made by Western religions but I do not see any evidence as of yet that these supernatural beliefs lead to the kind of actions I am so critical of, that are so often made by the Abrahamic religions.

I have met some atheists like that and in fact I even dated one. I do admit that the vast majority of my posts containing criticisms of religion are of Christianity but that is because it is the dominant religion in the country that I live in (America) and therefore its impact on American society is very relevant to me. I have many critical opinions of Judaism and Islam as well, though those criticisms concern their impact on the Middle East and so that is not as relevant to me, so it is admittedly not in the forefront of my mind. Though you have caused me to reflect on this and I thank you for that. In the future I plan to make posts about those two religions as well. As for Eastern religions like Buddhism, Jainism, etc. I am still studying into some of them but what I have studied I agree with as far as their moral and ethical principals are concerned. I don't agree with their supernatural claims anymore than I agree with those made by Western religions but I do not see any evidence as of yet that these supernatural beliefs lead to the kind of actions I am so critical of, that are so often made by the Abrahamic religions.

I found it helpful when I read through source documents, and this applies to political ideologies as well, to always keep in mind the difference between what what is written and how the text is "lived." I find it intellectually dishonest to put emphasis on text which is not "lived." Judge Communism by how it's implemented not by the airy-fairy predictions of Marx & Engels.

When you read the Qur'an and the Hadith and compare them to the Old & New Testament see which parts of the text are operationalized, that is, which parts have meaning and are applied in the life of the religious adherents.

I'll be surprised if you continue to focus on Christianity after doing that. There are much juicier targets for Atheists who argue on principle and aren't afraid of having their heads sawed off.

In all honesty "Judaism" is the most destructive cult, but it relies on modern day "Catholicism" and its derivatives for power. Long story short, Jesus was a qu33r who had an Oedipus Complex. He impregnated the revirginating Mary, and since Joseph was almost 100 years old when she was a MILF all the innuendos that retarded evilgelicals think is about them is about him and her.

Atheists won't dare insult Islam because Muslims actually fight back. Unlike most pussified, American "male" Christians.

Forum List

Back