A top Democrat Wants to Make Them Pay. All The Executives Behind Defunct For-Profit Schools, That Is.

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Private for profit schools commit fraud, mismanage then close their doors. Leaving the students high and dry and forcing the tax payers to pay for the bankruptcy. While the owners walk away with millions.

I agree with this democrat. These people need to pay back all the federal dollars they took and to pay for their own bankruptcy.

I would go farther. I would find if any of them committed crimes, then prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law and put them in prison for several years.

Bill and Melinda Gates. don't own private for profit schools.
Why would they need to own any? Too big to jail? They've been screwing up nearly our entire education system in many ways for decades regardless. Where you been?
In education, the Gateses have spent several billion dollars on pet projects — for example, the Common Core State Standards, evaluating teachers by standardized test scores among other things, and small schools — and in the process have leveraged public money in support of their efforts
{...}
Meanwhile, Gates, while pushing the Core, showered three public school systems and four charter management organizations with hundreds of millions of dollars to develop and implement teacher assessment systems that incorporated student standardized test scores. School systems and charter organizations that took the foundation’s money were required to use public funds on the project, too.
This bit is truly precious:
In a New York Times interview last year, Melinda Gates said that she and her husband do not have “outsize influence” in public education. When reporter David Marchese said, “certainly you have more influence than, say, a group of parents,” Gates replied: “Not necessarily.” Yes, she said that their fortune and ability to fund anything they want doesn’t give them “outsize influence.”
:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Private for profit schools commit fraud, mismanage then close their doors. Leaving the students high and dry and forcing the tax payers to pay for the bankruptcy. While the owners walk away with millions.

I agree with this democrat. These people need to pay back all the federal dollars they took and to pay for their own bankruptcy.

I would go farther. I would find if any of them committed crimes, then prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law and put them in prison for several years.

In my opinion, just about every university in this country is guilty of fraud.

Forum List

Back