A Warmer explains

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I've decided to volunteer my services to explain to the rest of you uneducated DENIERS!!! exactly how ManMade Global Warming works.

Ask me anything and I will try to answer, using small words because anyone who questions ManMade Global Warming is an uneducated DENIER!!

What caused the warming observed during the 20th century?

If the current slowdown is the end of warming, why didn't the much longer and more dramatic cooling trend from 1941 to 1979 mark the end of global warming?

CO2 absorbs infrared. Why doesn't that make it warmer?

If the current slowdown is the end of warming, why didn't the much longer and more dramatic cooling trend from 1941 to 1979 mark the end of global warming?

If warming is bad, why do they call warm periods climatic optimums?

The "Warming" was caused by more accurate thermometers and altering prior data to fit our predetermined conclusions, but that's irrelevant

The much longer and more dramatic cooling trend from 1941 to 1979 ended due to other variables, most notable that "Big Yellow Thing in the Sky". Also until 1979, we were positive we were witnessing Global Cooling. Once we realized that we had no way of getting control of the US economy with Global Cooling, we decided to change it to Global Warming!

CO2 absorbing infrared is an irrelevant factiod, nevertheless we claim we have "Consensus" that the "Science is settled"

Warming is bad, just trust us on this

Frank, stop blubbering. It's painful to watch a grown man behaving like a child throwing a tantrum.

Which brings us to another interesting point, "Why do so many Democrats falsely claim to either have served in the military, or their roles and actions if in fact they did serve"?

Because they came on over hundreds of thousands of years or longer and there was no human culture present at those times.

Because they came on over hundreds of thousands of years or longer and there was no human culture present at those times.

Correct.

Even though 12,000 years ago, all of the USA north of Ohio was buried under a mile of ice, it takes hundreds of millions of years for non-human generated CO2 to cause any meaningful change in the climate

Thanks for the info.
Still doesn't explain the use of the word "optimum".
Maybe you don't know its definition?

There's the question of how much warming. Water is necessary for life, but when you get a Hurricane Katrina, the opposite is true. The same is true with heat.

The way you see the word "optimum" is a bit of equivocation. The word means the highest point in the example you gave, but you want us to believe it means the best point. I'm afraid that's not necessarily so.

There's the question of how much warming. Water is necessary for life, but when you get a Hurricane Katrina, the opposite is true. The same is true with heat.

The way you see the word "optimum" is a bit of equivocation. The word means the highest point in the example you gave, but you want us to believe it means the best point. I'm afraid that's not necessarily so.

yet its use is spot on. Did you happen to look up the definition at all? I have it here, but let's see what you come back with. woohoo another laugher!!!!

The word means the highest point in the example you gave, but you want us to believe it means the best point.

the amount or degree of something that is most favorable to some end; especially: the most favorable condition for the growth and reproduction of an organism

Optimum - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Hmmmm....most favorable. Weird. Warm periods were favorable.
I guess ice ages were unfavorable? Weird.

Even though 12,000 years ago, all of the USA north of Ohio was buried under a mile of ice, it takes hundreds of millions of years for non-human generated CO2 to cause any meaningful change in the climate

12,000 years back was the end of the last glaciation. Ice was not a mile thick anywhere within what is now the United States. It might have been that thick another 10,000 years back.

It does not take hundreds of millions of year for CO2 - from any source - to cause meaningful climate change. The controlling factor has been the rate at which CO2 is added to the atmosphere. CO2 has not been added as quickly as humans have done so recently, since the KT Impact Event - which burned most of the plant material on the planet, or the creation of the Deccan Traps - a series of volcanic eruptions which covered 500,000 square kilometers of the Indian continent with 2,000 meters of lava.

Thanks for the info.

Do I sound as if I might not know its definition?

Thanks for the info.

You sound afraid of the definition.

12,000 years back was the end of the last glaciation. Ice was not a mile thick anywhere within what is now the United States. It might have been that thick another 10,000 years back.

It does not take hundreds of millions of year for CO2 - from any source - to cause meaningful climate change. The controlling factor has been the rate at which CO2 is added to the atmosphere. CO2 has not been added as quickly as humans have done so recently, since the KT Impact Event - which burned most of the plant material on the planet, or the creation of the Deccan Traps - a series of volcanic eruptions which covered 500,000 square kilometers of the Indian continent with 2,000 meters of lava.
Yes you are correct once again my pointy headed friend. Even though the Vostok ice cores show CO2 lagging temperature over a 600,000 year data set, we remain convinced, CONVINCED that CO2 drives the climate.

We suspect that the Vostok CO2 was an early DENIER!!

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

The word means the highest point in the example you gave, but you want us to believe it means the best point.

the amount or degree of something that is most favorable to some end; especially: the most favorable condition for the growth and reproduction of an organism

Optimum - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Hmmmm....most favorable. Weird. Warm periods were favorable.
I guess ice ages were unfavorable? Weird.

You missed my point. You're picking the definition that best fits your bias, NOT the definition as intended. Seems "1984" is coming 30 years later than expected. We know that most words have more than one accepted definition, but you'd have us believe there's only one. Did the others disappear down the memory hole?!?!

Forum List

Back