A what if question: What would the Bill of rights be if:

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
The media and politicians of 2013 (T.v., Internet, talk radio, cable news, newspapers etc...etc...) exsisted in 1789? just a simple fun what if question?.... my quick thoughts it would be 900,000 pages long bill of rights instead of the just the first 10 amendments.

Dont know why politicains of today lost the K.I.S.S problem solving of the old days. Keep it Simple Stupid..

Dont know why politicains of today lost the K.I.S.S problem solving of the old days. Keep it Simple Stupid..

You make the mistake of perceiving the Constitution as conjured from thin air by the Framers, when in fact it’s the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American jurisprudence dating back to the Magna Carta and Assizes of Henry II.

The Constitution is the pinnacle of the Anglo-American judicial tradition; predicated on the doctrines of the rule of law, judicial review, and the interpretive authority of the courts.

You make the mistake of perceiving the Constitution as conjured from thin air by the Framers, when in fact it’s the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American jurisprudence dating back to the Magna Carta and Assizes of Henry II.

The Constitution is the pinnacle of the Anglo-American judicial tradition; predicated on the doctrines of the rule of law, judicial review, and the interpretive authority of the courts.

Yes I am aware of that, but what if it was influenced a flux of todays politicians and media? only the rich I think had acess back then to those doctrines...I guess what I am getting at for some reason but why do we make stuff so complicated today then need be?... but a good answer to my question.

Last edited:

Yes I am aware of that, but what if it was influenced a flux of todays politicians and media? only the rich I think had acess back then to those doctrines...I guess what I am getting at for some reason but why do we make stuff so complicated today then need be?... but a good answer to my question.

But things aren’t any more ‘complicated’ today than 200 years ago, or 200 years before that.

It’s understood that this is your perception, but in fact that’s not the case.

Simple minds seek simple solutions to complex problems.

Sometimes you over think something instead of going to the root of the problem and solve it. I see it every day and solve those problems in a heart beat.

But things aren’t any more ‘complicated’ today than 200 years ago, or 200 years before that.

It’s understood that this is your perception, but in fact that’s not the case.

But yes it is....do you really think today the bill of rights could be written in only 10 amendments? explain if you think it could please....

Anyways I think it was a big mistake to even do the bill of rights....they should of just left the constitution alone and let future Generations mold it for the times of the day... they couldnt forsee computers and the like....But still my question remains the same....

The Bill of Rights may be short and sweet but the number of laws written to define and apply the rights are quite numerous. Add to that the hundreds of Court cases that define the rights and you end up with quite a bundle, and so it is with most of the constitution.

The press was deeply involved in the politics at the time. People had different concepts of what freedom was and just how important individual rights and freedoms were. Today's press would have been considered loyalists to the crown at the time that the constitution was written.

Forum List

Back