A Whole New Bunch of Gun Control Advocates in Georgia

Better tell that to the land of Kamikaze pilots, for starters.

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths
"In 2008, the U.S. had over 12,000 firearm-related homicides. All of Japan experienced only 11, fewer than were killed at the Aurora shooting alone. And that was a big year: 2006 saw an astounding two, and when that number jumped to 22 in 2007, it became a national scandal."

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

No, you are welcome.

Did Japan eliminate all murders? Dead is dead regardless of what tool was used.
Wrong. People killed with guns are MORE dead than people killed with other weapons.

Right, NoTeaParty?

Gun deaths are a special kind of death, it the kind of death hacks can use too spew their misinformation and push an agenda of fear.

I really don't think the stereotypical Georgian will change positions on guns over this.

Isolated incident--no one was hurt.

In Cherokee county--north of Decatur--a man was arrested with a pellet gun and 3 knives--on school property, dressed in black. He has a brain tumor--brother dropped him off to wait for his mother to pick him up for a brain scan. Why he had a pellet gun and 3 knives--anybody's guess.

I've lived in Japan. My Wife's Japanese.

Everything looks good on the surface, but when you get into it you see that it's not a Country, Culture or Society that a sane person wants to emulate. Japan runs on a Familial and Societal "pecking order" that few people who were brought up in Free Societies could ever handle.

I got to Japan as a 19 year old and thought to myself "We fought a War with these people? My God they're harmless!". 3 years later I came to realization: "Yeah, we HAD to nuke these f*ckers twice!".

It's too bad that at 22 you still hadn't grown up.

Forum List

Back