A word about shortages and price gouging

In January I purchased some so called survival food to supplement what we already have. We currently have vacuum sealed beans and rice, sugar flour, canned goods, etc. So I ordered from Amazon, and these are two of the cans I received.

View attachment 312961

Candles and water purifiers are good too.

View attachment 312962

Those two cans of food cost less than 200 dollars. I was going to buy one of these cans and they were priced around 100 or so dollars, a little more I think. They are out of it now. But now look:

View attachment 312966
One can, and it's sky high, plus they are out of it. A lot of other brands and stuff are out too. And get a load of this BS:

View attachment 312967

4 cans 1800 dollars. hey still have some stuff, so you might want to consider getting some supplies if you don't have any.
Be careful of these "survival" packages.
Including this one. It is 100% inaccurate and deceiving packaging.
It says "200 servings" - Horsehit. Maybe for a cat. Also notice it states 36,600 calories...which means they are claiming a serving is only 183 calories. You know how little that is??
That is a HUGE amount of money for so little calories.
When it comes to preparing food in survival situations, only look at calories - not servings.
It don't matter. It's food to supplement our other foods we have stored. There is nothing wrong with it.

You know what? After the cat 5 hurricane we had on oct. 10th 2018 we were left with nothing. No water, no phone,no electric, no gas, no food stores. Nada. It took weeks to get back into a semblance of normal. We needed bottled water after the hurricane. What is the need for bottled water now? Are the taps broken?

You know, even if the taps are working properly and the water is considered "safe", it can still be bad for you. A couple of years ago here in Amarillo, I noticed that drinking the tap water made me feel a bit ill, and on occasion, I would notice little white floating things in the water, so, we switched to bottled water and are better off for it.

The taps work in Flint MI too, but the water that is pumped through is full of lead because they haven't fixed the water systems yet, and it's been several years now.

You know what? After the cat 5 hurricane we had on oct. 10th 2018 we were left with nothing. No water, no phone,no electric, no gas, no food stores. Nada. It took weeks to get back into a semblance of normal. We needed bottled water after the hurricane. What is the need for bottled water now? Are the taps broken?
you just said why we need it now,,,if those in the hurricane had had a supply before it hit then the need would have been less after it hit,,,

just like the 100 rolls of TP I bought a yr ago has taken me off the needy list for today,,,

the reason we needed it post cat 5 hurricane is because the water treatment plant was destroyed. So my question is and was, why the need now? Are the taps broken?
I told you. To be prepared for things. Unforeseen things!

They think there is no food shortage at the stores--

They haven't heard how the truckers are starting to stop delivering---------
The money oh it's got a virus oh now we must use shit like a federal bitcoin kinda chit.......

Gawd this list goes on.

We always keep a good supply on hand. You should too.
Born and raised in earthquake country. Always keep enough of everything to survive for a month on our own.

you just said why we need it now,,,if those in the hurricane had had a supply before it hit then the need would have been less after it hit,,,

just like the 100 rolls of TP I bought a yr ago has taken me off the needy list for today,,,

the reason we needed it post cat 5 hurricane is because the water treatment plant was destroyed. So my question is and was, why the need now? Are the taps broken?

The money oh it's got a virus oh now we must use shit like a federal bitcoin kinda chit.......

Gawd this list goes on.
Stopped today to get some spaghetti sauce - cleaned out. WTF?

I spoke with our grocery store manager yesterday and he said there is no food shortage but they are having trouble keeping the shelves stocked...for example they were out of beans on the shelves but they were unloading pallets full out back...people are in a panic...I can understand people with young children being advantageous and thinking ahead but some folks are going way over board...
but that's what humans do....
....they are freakin selfish jackasses..if you did that shit in WW2, you would get your ass kicked

Gawd this list goes on.

lol no way are you being serious?

Gawd this list goes on.

Yep.

I think Kroger’s is suggesting we go back to Roman practices.
9BDFC647-ED66-41AD-B159-C9AE1E249C78.jpeg

Gawd this list goes on.
is that normal??

Gawd this list goes on.

Yep.

awww well I bet you have a great way of dreaming some up you know how to survive .
Well all in all be safe out there while this is going on -- Same to all who might see this. Sry I don't think to put it down with each reply not that yah care bhahah.

but check this out

upload_2020-3-17_15-55-40.jpeg

Gawd this list goes on.

Pasta and tomato sauce are 2 things that have a long shelf life and are high in calories. I saw the same thing at the local Wal Mart yesterday. Decided to go looking for some Dinty Moore stew (love the stuff), and saw that there was zero pasta in any kind of form and damn few jars of sauce.

If you run out of toilet paper and do not own a bidet (I do) there is always the garden hose. We had to dip water out of the pool to flush the toilets Post Michael. You do what you gotta do.

If you run out of toilet paper and do not own a bidet (I do) there is always the garden hose. We had to dip water out of the pool to flush the toilets Post Michael. You do what you gotta do.

Why go outside and use a garden hose when there is a perfectly good shower in the bathroom? And, that's where the soap is kept (usually), so you can get clean easily without risking a public indecency charge.

Interestingly enough, when I was cruising around the mid East in the 90's, if you wanted a regular bathroom with toilet paper, you had to go to one of the international hotels. If you went to the bathroom in a local place, it was a hole in the floor with 2 places to put your feet, and a hose on the wall. I ALWAYS knew where the international places were when I went out in town.

Why go outside and use a garden hose when there is a perfectly good shower in the bathroom? And, that's where the soap is kept (usually), so you can get clean easily without risking a public indecency charge.

Interestingly enough, when I was cruising around the mid East in the 90's, if you wanted a regular bathroom with toilet paper, you had to go to one of the international hotels. If you went to the bathroom in a local place, it was a hole in the floor with 2 places to put your feet, and a hose on the wall. I ALWAYS knew where the international places were when I went out in town.

I have been to the Middle East. I used the hole in the floor to pee. You have to aim carefully. Then drip dry. I don’t want or desire shit in me shower. Outside is good.

In January I purchased some so called survival food to supplement what we already have. We currently have vacuum sealed beans and rice, sugar flour, canned goods, etc. So I ordered from Amazon, and these are two of the cans I received.

View attachment 312961

Candles and water purifiers are good too.

View attachment 312962

Those two cans of food cost less than 200 dollars. I was going to buy one of these cans and they were priced around 100 or so dollars, a little more I think. They are out of it now. But now look:

View attachment 312966
One can, and it's sky high, plus they are out of it. A lot of other brands and stuff are out too. And get a load of this BS:

View attachment 312967

4 cans 1800 dollars. hey still have some stuff, so you might want to consider getting some supplies if you don't have any.

I though you were leaving.......

Price gouging - "stand your ground" That should put an end to it really fast.
Progressive can't think. If you couldn't see the sarcasm in the leaving op then you must be a child.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, but then again, what would the USMB do without the head tranny provocateur.

I have been to the Middle East. I used the hole in the floor to pee. You have to aim carefully. Then drip dry. I don’t want or desire shit in me shower. Outside is good.
Go to the jungles of Southeast Asia. You do your best Johnny Bench impersonation.

Forum List

Back