A word about shortages and price gouging

If you live in Houston believe it or not the Asian Markets have food and supplies and one Middle Eastern Store I use has supplies, so think outside the box and shop at ethnic stores if your regular places lack supplies.

Close to home the little store has mear, veggies and so on... they lack eggs but I can wait on that...

I am staying out of Walmart!

In January I purchased some so called survival food to supplement what we already have. We currently have vacuum sealed beans and rice, sugar flour, canned goods, etc. So I ordered from Amazon, and these are two of the cans I received.

View attachment 312961

Candles and water purifiers are good too.

View attachment 312962

Those two cans of food cost less than 200 dollars. I was going to buy one of these cans and they were priced around 100 or so dollars, a little more I think. They are out of it now. But now look:

View attachment 312966
One can, and it's sky high, plus they are out of it. A lot of other brands and stuff are out too. And get a load of this BS:

View attachment 312967

4 cans 1800 dollars. hey still have some stuff, so you might want to consider getting some supplies if you don't have any.
Be careful of these "survival" packages.
Including this one. It is 100% inaccurate and deceiving packaging.
It says "200 servings" - Horsehit. Maybe for a cat. Also notice it states 36,600 calories...which means they are claiming a serving is only 183 calories. You know how little that is??
That is a HUGE amount of money for so little calories.
When it comes to preparing food in survival situations, only look at calories - not servings.

I have a water purifier for fishing that is a Grayl and have a few replacement filters for that which filter damn near everything, including viruses (and yes, I know that this is not a waterborn virus, but there is often shit in water). Good for a couple hundred gallons. Also have a lifestraw. That thing does not filter viruses, though, so I'd likely end up boiling anyhow. I have a river in front of my house. The water is liquid puke but I could filter it if I needed to.

there are about 30 geese I can see from where I'm sitting. I'll stick my boat in the water and start blasting the little fuckers if it gets to that point, which I do not think for 2 seconds it will, but I've been looking for a reason to get them to stop shitting on my lawn and this is as good a reason as any....
I have a Big Berkey and a moose living in my yard. Since I keep a couple hundred pounds of salt in my larder, I am not even concerned that the weather will be warming soon. Damned moose has been living through a hard winter eating my hay, maybe she'll return the favor when I can't get meat at the market.

In January I purchased some so called survival food to supplement what we already have. We currently have vacuum sealed beans and rice, sugar flour, canned goods, etc. So I ordered from Amazon, and these are two of the cans I received.

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

Those two cans of food cost less than 200 dollars. I was going to buy one of these cans and they were priced around 100 or so dollars, a little more I think. They are out of it now. But now look:

View attachment 312966
One can, and it's sky high, plus they are out of it. A lot of other brands and stuff are out too. And get a load of this BS:

View attachment 312967

4 cans 1800 dollars. hey still have some stuff, so you might want to consider getting some supplies if you don't have any.
It says "200 servings" - Horsehit. Maybe for a cat. Also notice it states 36,600 calories...which means they are claiming a serving is only 183 calories. You know how little that is??
When it comes to preparing food in survival situations, only look at calories - not servings.
its a survival package you dufus,not government welfare,,,,its not meant to make you fat and dependent,,,its meant to keep you alive until the crisis has ended...

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

its a survival package you dufus,not government welfare,,,,its not meant to make you fat and dependent,,,its meant to keep you alive until the crisis has ended...

Dufus?
Stop being a dick.
If you do not know that every survival expert on the planet has repeatedly stated these packages are deceiving then that is your ignorance not mind.
In a survival situation calories is what counts. And 183 calories is not enough to keep a 6 year old alive let alone an adult.
Go ahead, put yourself on a 200 calorie diet and see what happens. You will die of malnutrition/starvation in as little as a month depending on your health/age.

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

Dufus?
Stop being a dick.
If you do not know that every survival expert on the planet has repeatedly stated these packages are deceiving then that is your ignorance not mind.
In a survival situation calories is what counts. And 183 calories is not enough to keep a 6 year old alive let alone an adult.
Go ahead, put yourself on a 200 calorie diet and see what happens. You will die of malnutrition/starvation in as little as a month depending on your health/age.
any good survivalist knows you are always looking for more food and what this kit gives you is a chance to find more food...ie keeps you alive a little bit longer,,,

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

I though you were leaving.......

Price gouging - "stand your ground" That should put an end to it really fast.

You know what? After the cat 5 hurricane we had on oct. 10th 2018 we were left with nothing. No water, no phone,no electric, no gas, no food stores. Nada. It took weeks to get back into a semblance of normal. We needed bottled water after the hurricane. What is the need for bottled water now? Are the taps broken?
We always keep a good supply on hand. You should too.

We?

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

Dufus?
Stop being a dick.
any good survivalist knows you are always looking for more food and what this kit gives you is a chance to find more food...ie keeps you alive a little bit longer,,,

Nonsense, the $$ per calorie is way too high. Again with the misleading labeling, they make it sound like it is $2.50 a serving. But 183 calories is no serving. That's not nearly enough. The way to look at it is cost per 500 calories. Which is what a minimal serving should be eating only a couple times per day. Minimal.
Looking at that, this garbage is about right at $7 per 500 calories. Astronomically high.
In comparison, a bag of dried navy beans (16 oz.) is 1300 calories for $1.25. That is $.48 per 500 calories.
These things are a HUUUGE rip off.

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

Dufus?
Stop being a dick.

Nonsense, the $$ per calorie is way too high. Again with the misleading labeling, they make it sound like it is $2.50 a serving. But 183 calories is no serving. That's not nearly enough. The way to look at it is cost per 500 calories. Which is what a minimal serving should be eating only a couple times per day. Minimal.
Looking at that, this garbage is about right at $7 per 500 calories. Astronomically high.
In comparison, a bag of dried navy beans (16 oz.) is 1300 calories for $1.25. That is $.48 per 500 calories.
These things are a HUUUGE rip off.

are you confusing serving for full meal???

cause a meal consist of servings of several different things and if you combine all of them you will have more calories

If you live in Houston believe it or not the Asian Markets have food and supplies and one Middle Eastern Store I use has supplies, so think outside the box and shop at ethnic stores if your regular places lack supplies.

Close to home the little store has mear, veggies and so on... they lack eggs but I can wait on that...

If you can, start you a garden. Or make friends with those who do. If not for whatever reason, pick a sunny window and plant a few pots. Tomatoes, peppers, lettuces or greens, herbs/spices, cucumbers, etc. Whatever you can do for yourself is atleast something and is better than nothing. Hang in there dude

If you can, start you a garden. Or make friends with those who do. If not for whatever reason, pick a sunny window and plant a few pots. Tomatoes, peppers, lettuces or greens, herbs/spices, cucumbers, etc. Whatever you can do for yourself is atleast something and is better than nothing. Hang in there dude

I wish I could do more than what I am doing now but all I can do in my place is tell people to stay calm, stay focus and if they need an answer and I can give it come to me and I will suggest what they can do...

If I were healthy I would be fishing, gardening and building pens to hold animals like goats for milk.

You know this Pandemic is a wakeup call...

I wish I could do more than what I am doing now but all I can do in my place is tell people to stay calm, stay focus and if they need an answer and I can give it come to me and I will suggest what they can do...

If I were healthy I would be fishing, gardening and building pens to hold animals like goats for milk.

You know this Pandemic is a wakeup call...

Do you have a vaporizer? Or can you even use one?

see,,,I told you you were good for something,,,

see,,,I told you you were good for something,,,

I already knew that...…..and didn't even have to show my boobs :04:

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

I though you were leaving.......

Price gouging - "stand your ground" That should put an end to it really fast.
Progressive can't think. If you couldn't see the sarcasm in the leaving op then you must be a child.

View attachment 312961

View attachment 312962

View attachment 312966

View attachment 312967

Social credit scoring can do this shit too . watch for it cause you ain't gonna believe chit on it until they do it to you and you catch it.

Forum List

Back