ABC/NBC/CBS.. NOT one headline "Obama paid ONLY 18% tax rate"! WHY?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Obama's net taxes he paid was an effective rate of 18.4%, the White House said Friday.
WHY aren't the MSM web sites much less the nightly news hammering him on his hypocrisy?
This is the SAME guy that has called for "ending millionaires and billionaires tax breaks" ALL THE TIME!!!
Yet this hypocrite wrote off as a Loss $115,516! This is a millionaires/billionaires TAX LOOPHOLE he wants closed!

President Obama and Vice President Biden?s 2012 Tax Returns | The White House

What a hypocrite!

I am NOT criticizing taking the full extent of the law legal and accepted tax deductions..!
Bush wrote off $68,240 on his 2007 taxes. Great.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/interactive/allpolitics/0804/bush.cheney.taxes/bush.pdf

What I am criticizing is the hypocrisy of blaming millionaires/billionaires for taking the deductions WHILE OBAMA does the same thing!

Hypocrisy..Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

I would have MORE acceptance of Obama if he WALKED THE TALK! As a principle if he doesn't like these loopholes THEN he should not use them!
He bitches and moans about them but then uses them.

AND where is the MSM in all this??
NO headlines in the 3 major news outlets blaring
Obama paid only 18% income taxes!!! The lowest paid in modern presidential tax filings!!!

Apparently the OP and his echo FJO believe the wealthy should pay more. I completely agree.

I thought the OP was more concerned with exposing the hypocrisy of those who do think the wealthy need to pay more.

LOL. Most probably because that is quite a bit more than most of the wealthy pay.

Mitt Romney's effective tax rate is very low: Most economists think it should be.

The news is out that Mitt Romney paid a 14.1% effective tax rate on an income of over $13.7 million in 2011, a number that will strike many people as high but that is actually artificially inflated. He didn't fully deduct all his charitable contributions in order to make sure his effective rate stayed above 13 percent.

The main reason Romney's effective rate is so low is that the American tax code contains a lot of preferences for investment income over labor income. That's something that strikes many people as unfair on its face, and particularly unfair since it often means very low rates for extremely rich people like Rommey. And Rommey himself as a rich guy who's also a member of the political party seen as favoring the rich, and who's been recorded as whining that the working poor are undertaxed is perhaps not an ideal messenger for a defense of this policy.

Apparently the OP and his echo FJO believe the wealthy should pay more. I completely agree.

You find nothing disingenuous about the President's tax positions and low percentages of his political opponents and what he himself actually paid ?

Because when Democrats use the tax code to their benefit it's being an American.
When a republican does it they're cheating and need to labeled as a criminal.
Plus it's Obama and he is considered untouchable by the media.

But yet he didn't pay the maximum effective rate as a leader for his cause ?

He paid what he is required to pay. What kind of commie are you?

Do you have any experience leading people and effecting change through your actions and example as leader ?

Sure. All the time.

And if the law is changed, he'll pay more. He is advocating for higher taxes for people in his income bracket. What part of that don't you understand?

I pay far more - percentage wise to my income - than the President.

In a decent society those of us who have contributed for 50 or more years to the common good, should not have to pay ANY taxes at all.

The wealthy are wealthy because they used their brains, their muscles and their God given common sense all their lives.

Those who are envious of the wealthy, have none of the above.

You find nothing disingenuous about the President's tax positions and low percentages of his political opponents and what he himself actually paid ?

I do not. I find you and others who are critical of what he paid to be not only hypocritcal but ridiculous.

Obama has said he should pay more. The taxes he paid were the taxes legally required - we must assume - taking full advantage of the tax laws as written (which always benefit the wealthy). He and the First Lady gave away a good deal of their income to a wide range of charities. If they had 'hidden' their dollars overseas you might have a legitimate reason to whine, as it stands your whine remains fully partisan all of the time and without merit.

No. He followed the law. He wants to change the law to require himself to pay more. Duh.

THERE IS NO LAW that says HE CAN'T PAY MORE!!!

It is the hypocrisy that he bitches and moans AND YET HE TAKES IT!

AGAIN there is NO laws that says HE CAN"T PAY MORE!

Romney did! He didn't deduct all of his charitable donations for last year.
He left $1.8 million in donations off his return in order to live up to a statement he made about always having paid at least a 13 percent tax rate on his income.

Romney actually donated MORE money then he reported for tax purpose so he paid higher taxes!
Romney and his wife, Ann, gave 29.4 percent of their income to charity in 2011, donating $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 they took in.

Romney didn’t deduct all of his charitable donations for last year. He left $1.8 million in donations off his return in order to live up to a statement he made about always having paid at least a 13 percent tax rate on his income. With his charity write-offs partially held back, Romney overshot that mark a bit for 2011, paying at a 14.1 percent rate.

Read more: Mitt Romney gives more to charity than President Obama, Joe Biden - POLITICO.com

NO OTHER President has ever paid Lower percent of TAXES while at the SAME time complaining about others taking the same tax deductions he took!

OH by the way... the moderators sure were quick to MOVE this message... I might have to change it to more political!!!
LIKE Obama the hypocrite takes deductions he bemoans other take!!!

LOL. Most probably because that is quite a bit more than most of the wealthy pay.

Mitt Romney's effective tax rate is very low: Most economists think it should be.

The news is out that Mitt Romney paid a 14.1% effective tax rate on an income of over $13.7 million in 2011, a number that will strike many people as high but that is actually artificially inflated. He didn't fully deduct all his charitable contributions in order to make sure his effective rate stayed above 13 percent.

The main reason Romney's effective rate is so low is that the American tax code contains a lot of preferences for investment income over labor income. That's something that strikes many people as unfair on its face, and particularly unfair since it often means very low rates for extremely rich people like Rommey. And Rommey himself as a rich guy who's also a member of the political party seen as favoring the rich, and who's been recorded as whining that the working poor are undertaxed is perhaps not an ideal messenger for a defense of this policy.
Good thing Obiedoodle isn't wealthy, huh? :rolleyes:

Oh, BTW, Romney earned his money out in the real world, while Boiking has spent his life mooching off the taxpayer to "pay his taxes".

I pay far more - percentage wise to my income - than the President.

In a decent society those of us who have contributed for 50 or more years to the common good, should not have to pay ANY taxes at all.

The wealthy are wealthy because they used their brains, their muscles and their God given common sense all their lives.

Those who are envious of the wealthy, have none of the above.

Well, sense you seem to be of the not too bright set I can see why you feel this way. Let me disabuse you of one fact, but for the Steve Jobs and Bill Gates of the 1% world much of the very wealthy enjoyed wealthy parents.

Doors closed to the hoi polloi are wide open at the Country Club, the Halls of Ivy and Corporate America for those born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Networking requires less work and more fun when done at the Marina, the Tennis Court, Golf Course or at the private bars in these private clubs.

So Obama wasn't smart enough to exploit Tax loopholes as good as others did. Got it. But I guess until those Tax loopholes are closed (which they wont be), and become illegal there isn't a whole lot anyone can do except bitch about them. BTW... How much did Romney donate to charity compared to the Obama's. :lol:

He paid what he is required to pay. What kind of commie are you?

Do you have any experience leading people and effecting change through your actions and example as leader ?

Sure. All the time.

And if the law is changed, he'll pay more. He is advocating for higher taxes for people in his income bracket. What part of that don't you understand?

So your leadership style is say one thing...do the other ?

Forum List

Back