Abolish the Grand Jury

[

No, it wouldn't'

A Grand Juror should not be a government employee or someone who is dependent on government handouts. Hawaii has a different system because the Grand Jury can obtain Legal Advise from their own independent attorney ---not the prosecutor.

That would be good idea if the attorney panels is composed of attorneys who are not government supremacists or theocrats.

What wouldn't?

When did I say a Grand Juror should be a government employee or welfare parasite?

What are you even responding to?

I assumed your first response was poorly written, but after you second response I believe you are either quoting the wrong person or you're very sick.

Grand Juries are a useful check in the system.

It is obvious that all Grand Juries should be replaced by polls on USMB. It is the only way by which justice will ever be served.

What 's the fucking difference?

/

The difference is Grand Juries serve as a check in the system.

They are SUPPOSED TO - but grand jurors nowadays are nothing more than zombified rubber stampers.

Chief Judge wanted to abolish grand juries

Chief Judge Sol Wachtler said prosecutors can use grand juries to easily 'indict a ham sandwich,' or as a 'shield for the district attorney.'

If the grand jury wasn't making the determination of sufficiency of evidence it would be made by a single judge.

Like I said the system must be reformed.

Without OBJECTIVE laws corruption and injustice will continue.

You only said what you said because you disagreed with the decisions the Grand Jury made.

I believe that the Grand Jury as it is being presently operated should be abolished, I wasn't referencing any particular decision.

If the grand jury wasn't making the determination of sufficiency of evidence it would be made by a single judge.

I know I am jumping in maybe with the wrong comment, but this ain't about law, it's pure hate and politics, Obama is a race baiting ass with the newspapers and television on his sude

This thread is about an institution created for a free country - which is no longer effective in the continuing criminal enterprise known as the --police state - the United States of America.

I know I am jumping in maybe with the wrong comment, but this ain't about law, it's pure hate and politics, Obama is a race baiting ass with the newspapers and television on his sude

This thread is about an institution created for a free country - which is no longer effective in the continuing criminal enterprise known as the --police state - the United States of America.

Your entire premise rests on the fact that Grand Juries end up indicting. You don't even bother to consider that deterrence to frivolous charges happens before a case is brought before a Grand Jury.

No ham sandwich has ever been indicted. :eusa_whistle:
Dumbasses read an ancient quote by an idiot, and think "ham sandwich" is in the Constitution.

I am SOOOOOOOOO fuckin' sick of idiots parroting stupid.

Obviously they have no idea about the origin of the phrase and the context in which it was stated. So I would agree with you that they are indeed stupid.

Your entire premise rests on the fact that Grand Juries end up indicting. You don't even bother to consider that deterrence to frivolous charges happens before a case is brought before a Grand Jury.

Deterrence against what , they can indict for anything. The fuckung grand jurors are biased and zombified.

I served on a grand jury once - and it was totally orchestrated by the prosecuting attorney. I had already voted to indict a young man on several charges - but refused to indict him on one. Then, the prosecuting attorney tried to "persuade" me to change my no vote. I said no.

I served on a grand jury once - and it was totally orchestrated by the prosecuting attorney. I had already voted to indict a young man on several charges - but refused to indict him on one. Then, the prosecuting attorney tried to "persuade" me to change my no vote. I said no.

Of course is orchestrated by the prosecutor you dumbass. Why the fuck would a defense lawyer seek an indictment?

You liberal pukes get dumber by the minute.

Shocking Revelations from the Rosenberg Grand Jury Files
By Roger Roots

November 18, 2009

The grand jury is an ancient common law institution whose original purpose was to protect people from the prosecutorial power of the government. Under the Fifth Amendment, the Constitution's Framers intended that no criminal charges could ever be initiated by the government alone. A citizen panel of 23 people (more or less) was supposed to act as an obstacle to prosecutors and ensure that any prosecution be preapproved by common people. Yet today most commentators agree that the government can get any grand jury to "indict a ham sandwich." Federal "indictment rates" greater than 99 percent have been reported in some years. In 2001, federal grand juries declined to indict in only 21 cases nationwide. "These numbers suggest that, whatever the reason, the federal grand jury now exercises very little power as a shield between the government and its citizens."

_______

So back in the day the Grand Jurors were FREEMEN who tended to question authority. Now grand jurors and spineless sheeple who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground.

They see their job as merely rubber stamping whatever the Grand Prosecutor wants to do.

"Americans are stupid"

Jonathan Gruber

Whatever the original point was is long absent. Only redundant now.

Of course is orchestrated by the prosecutor you dumbass. Why the fuck would a defense lawyer seek an indictment?

Excuse me , shit for brains

The Prosecutor is supposed to present its case

The Grand Jury if properly constituted , wants to prevent their fellow American from being exposed to irreparable injury. So. REGARDLESS of what the prosecutor wants it investigates to ascertain that the LAW and the FACTS are vailid - that they properly constitute probable cause to prosecute.

That is NO LONGER THE CASE - GRAND JURORS ARE IGNORANT , SPINELESS SCUMBAGS who don't give a shit about their fellow American or the US Constitution.

The Grand Jury if properly constituted , wants to prevent their fellow American from being exposed to irreparable injury. So. REGARDLESS of what the prosecutor wants it investigates to ascertain that the LAW and the FACTS are vailid - that they properly constitute probable cause to prosecute.

That is NO LONGER THE CASE - GRAND JURORS ARE IGNORANT , SPINELESS SCUMBAGS who don't give a shit about their fellow American or the US Constitution.

Grand jurors are ignorant? You are one stupid fuck!

Nothing I said to dumbass Lakota was incorrect and nothing you said counters what I said.

Now prove that grand jurors are ignorant!

Prove that jury members aren't properly constituted!

Fact is, you can't prove anything. All you have are your delusional opinions.

Shocking Revelations from the Rosenberg Grand Jury Files
By Roger Roots

November 18, 2009

The grand jury is an ancient common law institution whose original purpose was to protect people from the prosecutorial power of the government. Under the Fifth Amendment, the Constitution's Framers intended that no criminal charges could ever be initiated by the government alone. A citizen panel of 23 people (more or less) was supposed to act as an obstacle to prosecutors and ensure that any prosecution be preapproved by common people. Yet today most commentators agree that the government can get any grand jury to "indict a ham sandwich." Federal "indictment rates" greater than 99 percent have been reported in some years. In 2001, federal grand juries declined to indict in only 21 cases nationwide. "These numbers suggest that, whatever the reason, the federal grand jury now exercises very little power as a shield between the government and its citizens."

_______

So back in the day the Grand Jurors were FREEMEN who tended to question authority. Now grand jurors and spineless sheeple who do not know their ass from a hole in the ground.

They see their job as merely rubber stamping whatever the Grand Prosecutor wants to do.

"Americans are stupid"

Jonathan Gruber

Gruber is stupid because he never thought any one would catch on to his deceitful ways.

I was on a petit jury with a guy being railroaded.

I won't bore you with the details of the police corruption involved, but we voted 11-1 to acquit.

When I asked the Grubercrat who voted to convict why she did it, she said she thought that was what she was supposed to do.

This idiot had waited until we were in the Jury room before asking to be dismissed from the jury.

The bailiff told her to got sit down and vote.

We took a second vote, and it was 12-0 to acquit.

That is why I despise people who evade jury duty.

We are the last line of defense against injustice, either as grand jurors or petit jurors.

s.

Listen fucktard,

Grand Jurors allow the prosecutors to use them, they take the position that if the prosecutor want to indict is because the facts and law are valid. Then they want to rush home and watch Oprah reruns.

s.

Listen fucktard,

Grand Jurors allow the prosecutors to use them, they take the position that if the prosecutor want to indict is because the facts and law are valid. Then they want to rush home and watch Oprah reruns.

You are too stupid for words.

s.

Listen fucktard,

You are too stupid for words.

As a government supremacist you can't handle the truth.

Forum List

Back