Abolishing homelessness

They can certainly teach the UK something.Our government hasnt got a clue.

Inspirational stuff.
---
I agree; it's inspirational.
However, I'm still skeptical that solving homelessness in BIG cities can be achieved, without solving the reasons for that unfortunate circumstance.

Can anyone point to a research study that explains why various groupings of people are homeless, with lucid statistics? Can those homeless antecedents be resolved in most cases without gov authoritative actions?

Hitler abolished homelessness.
tard.

I'm not retarded enough to believe that homelessness can be abolished without authoritarian laws.
What laws are those ?

One law would have to make homelessness a crime, for starters; allowing the government to imprison, or institutionalize anyone who is considered homeless.
Well a lot of homeless people try to get locked up so they can get a warm bed for the night.
That isnt what has happened here though. It looks like they have studied the figures and worked out that it would cost the state less to get these people off the streets than support them in homelessness. There are also the un-costed social benefits as well.

Free homes to shoot up in? what could go wrong up in Seattle? Give it a try.

There are full time employees who ate homeless. They work for low wages. Minimum wage equals unlivable.

Inspirational stuff.
---
I agree; it's inspirational.
However, I'm still skeptical that solving homelessness in BIG cities can be achieved, without solving the reasons for that unfortunate circumstance.

Can anyone point to a research study that explains why various groupings of people are homeless, with lucid statistics? Can those homeless antecedents be resolved in most cases without gov authoritative actions?
Case Studies
These are case studies rather than stats. It seems like there are several routes to homelessness.

There are full time employees who ate homeless. They work for low wages. Minimum wage equals unlivable.

Yes this is true. That is why I find National Min Wage ridiculous. Try living on $15/hr in SF, NYC, LA. Can't pay rent. But you can in Jonesboro ARK. Let the locals figure it out. If they want a father of four to run a Jack in Box drive thru night shift, let them pay for it. Not me. When Whitey has to drive 47 miles to pick up a pizza, maybe they will re-think where and how they live.

Politiicians are afraid to build affordable houses because they don't want to lower the housing market value and piss off their main voting block; mortgage slaves.

Yes this is true. That is why I find National Min Wage ridiculous. Try living on $15/hr in SF, NYC, LA. Can't pay rent. But you can in Jonesboro ARK. Let the locals figure it out. If they want a father of four to run a Jack in Box drive thru night shift, let them pay for it. Not me. When Whitey has to drive 47 miles to pick up a pizza, maybe they will re-think where and how they live.
Screw pizza.

Forum List

Back