Abolishing homelessness

Hitler abolished homelessness.
tard.

I'm not retarded enough to believe that homelessness can be abolished without authoritarian laws.
What laws are those ?

One law would have to make homelessness a crime, for starters; allowing the government to imprison, or institutionalize anyone who is considered homeless.
Well a lot of homeless people try to get locked up so they can get a warm bed for the night.
That isnt what has happened here though. It looks like they have studied the figures and worked out that it would cost the state less to get these people off the streets than support them in homelessness. There are also the un-costed social benefits as well.

There's no way to abolish homelessness. It will always exist. Unless, you want to pass unconstitutional laws.

As long as there is mental illness and mental disorders, there are going to be the homeless. Just a fact of life.

As long as there is mental illness and mental disorders, there are going to be the homeless. Just a fact of life.
---
Most of those "mental illness/disorders" are attributable to developmental conditions.

One of the big drivers in UK homelessness is that housebuilding is dictated to by the market rather than the needs of the community.
When prices drop the homes dont get built. People still need homes.

One of the big drivers in UK homelessness is that housebuilding is dictated to by the market rather than the needs of the community.
When prices drop the homes dont get built. People still need homes.

I know. It is tough problem. Detroit must have 500K empty homes? But USA has many homeless. Maybe make the parents of homeless pay up? I don't have a good solution. It is heartbreaking for so many, in particular since 2008 crash.

I know. It is tough problem. Detroit must have 500K empty homes? But USA has many homeless. Maybe make the parents of homeless pay up? I don't have a good solution. It is heartbreaking for so many, in particular since 2008 crash.

People who cannot afford a house wouldn't be able to afford the utilities if you placed them in those houses. The mentally impaired are the only people I feel sorry for. Not the "I have oppositional defiance disorder so I can't work because I don't take orders from nobody" mentally impaired, but the schizophrenic type mentally impaired just to clarify.

The ObamaCare scam offers an idea that could be applied to solving homelessness.

Enact a law that includes a “housing mandate”, requiring everyone to own a home. Make it a felony not to own a home.

Anyone who doesn't own a home, then, can be defined as a criminal, and locked in prison. Prison becomes their home. No more homelessness.

And yet the State of Utah has reduced homelessness by 91%.

and the still have the homeless.
*sigh*

Does every statement have to be prefaced with a qualifier.

Fine - virtually eliminate homelessness. Pointing out that there still might be a minute sliver of homeless left does not add anything to the conversation.

*sigh*

Fine - virtually eliminate homelessness. Pointing out that there still might be a minute sliver of homeless left does not add anything to the conversation.

I seriously doubt it will go down to a sliver. It has been an issue centuries and will continue to be. Laws, funding, charity doesn't change a thing. Every country deals with it. Just the way it is. Why do you think we can all of a sudden end a long time problem?

Also Arianhod is misleading that homelessness has been reduced by 91%, in fact it is a flat out lie. Utah has reduced chronic homelessness, which according to the article is a subset of the homeless. Utah went from 2000 to 200 but the state still has 14,000 homeless people.

Utah Reduced Chronic Homelessness By 91 Percent; Here's How

Last edited:
It isn't rocket science. Homelessness will drop with an improving economy. We know how to improve the economy but the left has to be defeated or it won't happen. Those that can work can then find jobs. Those too wacked out by drugs or alcohol should be institutionalized. If they can work but don't want to they can starve to death and we'll all be better off.

*sigh*

I seriously doubt it will go down to a sliver. It has been an issue centuries and will continue to be. Laws, funding, charity doesn't change a thing. Every country deals with it. Just the way it is. Why do you think we can all of a sudden end a long time problem?

Also Arianhod is misleading that homelessness has been reduced by 91%, in fact it is a flat out lie. Utah has reduced chronic homelessness, which according to the article is a subset of the homeless. Utah went from 2000 to 200 but the state still has 14,000 homeless people.

Utah Reduced Chronic Homelessness By 91 Percent; Here's How
I don't necessarily support his position. I don't know enough about the actual results to support it and I generally do not trust government redistribution schemes to 'help' people as they fail miserably IMHO most of the time.

My point was nitpicking the statement about eliminating homelessness as impossible was rather pointless. The post I quoted is far more helpful in making a point and that I thank you for that.

I would point out though that you referenced mental illness as a key reason that homelessness cannot be 'solved.' The article you posted presents the opposite point though - mental illness is a large contributor to chronic homelessness - a problem that the article is putting forth as virtually solved (91% at least). It would seem that is not the reason that homelessness persists.

How about just end welfare all together. That will end about 50% of all homelessness overnight. I'm sick and tired of people driving up to the welfare office and acting like they don't have enough money in life. The solution to not having enough money is to get a fucking job that provides you with the shit you need in life.

Forum List

Back