Abortion clinic owner's payback to protesters

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Payback Is a Bitch for Abortion Clinic Protestors, Thanks to a Brilliant Landlord

It's common practice for anti-abortion protesters to disseminate doctors' personal information and urge people to harass them—and it can clearly go far beyond that, as with the 2009 murder of Dr. George Tiller in Kansas. LeRoy Carhart, who's now in Stave's clinic, had his Nebraska farm burned to the ground back in 1991. But protesters in Maryland figured out they could start targeting Stave for owning the clinic's property. He was largely unfazed by this campaign, until last fall when they took it too far. On his daughter's first day in middle school, a large group of people protested outside her school, and then they showed up again for back-to-school night. They were naturally carrying signs with his name and contact info and those nasty pictures of fetuses.

Stave was furious, and then it got even worse. Dozens of the protestors began calling him at home, around the clock. His friends wanted to help him fight back; that's when Stave had the brilliant idea of turning the tables on his tormentors. He began recording the names and numbers of the assholes who called, and then he gave the list of info to his friends and asked them to call these people back on his behalf. Shazam! And the really smart part was that when someone from Team Stave called, they always took the high road. He explains,

In a very calm, very respectful voice, they said that the Stave family thanks you for your prayers. They cannot terminate the lease, and they do not want to. They support women's rights.

There's more. Read the link for the rest.

Payback's a bitch.

Big difference between protest and harassment. Calling someone at home to intimidate them is beyond the pale, unless he's a Dr Tiller murdering scum.

The nation is divided, they will attack one another. They will fight one another. This is the way it is supposed to be.

Big difference between protest and harassment. Calling someone at home to intimidate them is beyond the pale, unless he's a Dr Tiller murdering scum.

Gotta say I'm surprised at this from you.

I also think going after his kids is unconscionable and gives weight to what we've seen with anti-freedom nutters. Once a fetus becomes a child, they have no further use for them and would cheerfully let them die.

and stave is a like of a tiller murderer

The nation is divided, they will attack one another. They will fight one another. This is the way it is supposed to be.

sure. if a murderer is a murderer - he should be named as such.

what is he ashamed for?

why can't his daughter be proud that her daddy is making money on murdering babies?

what is he ashamed for?

why can't his daughter be proud that her daddy is making money on murdering babies?

Sorry, Vox. Kids should not have to pay for the ideals of their parents. Period.

what is he ashamed for?

Sorry, Vox. Kids should not have to pay for the ideals of their parents. Period.

Unless they are Klingons, then the dishonor goes for generations.

Sorry, had to do that. Mea Culpa.

Gotta say I'm surprised at this from you.

I also think going after his kids is unconscionable and gives weight to what we've seen with anti-freedom nutters. Once a fetus becomes a child, they have no further use for them and would cheerfully let them die.

I've noticed this. ^ People who do not support a woman's right to choose an abortion are the first to bellyache when a child needs WIC, foodstamps, or healthcare. Basically, they want to force a woman to remain pregnant, and abandon her and the child moments after birth. And I agree: when those people included this doctor's family in their so called "protest" all bets are off. What he did was nice compared to what I could have done to someone showing their ass at my kid's school.

Ironically, it's morons like these who remove credibility from the anti abortion movement. I know people (who I disagree with strongly) who are pro life, but actually manage to have respectful and intelligent opinions on the matter. It's not that difficult.

what is he ashamed for?

Ah...here we have it, folks. The CORE of the anti-choice movement.

Payback Is a Bitch for Abortion Clinic Protestors, Thanks to a Brilliant Landlord

It's common practice for anti-abortion protesters to disseminate doctors' personal information and urge people to harass them—and it can clearly go far beyond that, as with the 2009 murder of Dr. George Tiller in Kansas. LeRoy Carhart, who's now in Stave's clinic, had his Nebraska farm burned to the ground back in 1991. But protesters in Maryland figured out they could start targeting Stave for owning the clinic's property. He was largely unfazed by this campaign, until last fall when they took it too far. On his daughter's first day in middle school, a large group of people protested outside her school, and then they showed up again for back-to-school night. They were naturally carrying signs with his name and contact info and those nasty pictures of fetuses.

Stave was furious, and then it got even worse. Dozens of the protestors began calling him at home, around the clock. His friends wanted to help him fight back; that's when Stave had the brilliant idea of turning the tables on his tormentors. He began recording the names and numbers of the assholes who called, and then he gave the list of info to his friends and asked them to call these people back on his behalf. Shazam! And the really smart part was that when someone from Team Stave called, they always took the high road. He explains,

In a very calm, very respectful voice, they said that the Stave family thanks you for your prayers. They cannot terminate the lease, and they do not want to. They support women's rights.

There's more. Read the link for the rest.

Payback's a bitch.

The right to protest... :D no matter what the 'cause' is...

SHAZAM!

what is he ashamed for?

Unless they are Klingons, then the dishonor goes for generations.

Sorry, had to do that. Mea Culpa.

Qapla'!

what is he ashamed for?

that is your point of view. I disagree.

it is a war.

what is he ashamed for?

it is a war.

So, you are proud of your part in this "war"?

it is a war.

So, you are proud of your part in this "war"?

I don't see anything wrong with their actions.

I would, probably, not support the killing of the abortionist, as tiller or this one, but I would not be deeply saddened if that happens as well.

Eye for an eye, is that what is said?

Forum List

Back