About those articles of impeachment

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
I keep hearing this.................."The articles of impeachment say absolutely nothing about Abuse of power to cheat in the elections. Perpetuating himself in power by illegal means."............................or something similar to that claim.

That's just unequivocally wrong.

Here is a quote from Article I.................................

"Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage."
................................................................................................................................
Now that that is out of the way let's dig a little deeper. Is the act of soliciting Ukraine's help in damaging Biden's candidacy in the 2020 election, and thus helping Don's, a crime?

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“
‘Let me make something 100% clear’: FEC chair lays down the law on foreign help

Does that clear it up? Some still say no. Why? Basically, for the same reason Donnie J was not charged with a crime when he solicited dirt on Hillary from the Russians. A matter addressed at some length in the Mueller report. Team Mueller's conclusion was that because Donnie J was ignorant of the law...........and because of the difficulty in assigning a monetary value to the information he sought...........charging him with a crime that was able to be prosecuted would be difficult.

Similarly, the Orange Fraud's attorney, Billy the Bagman, made the determination no law was broken (after the top CIA counsel contacted the DoJ by issuing a criminal complaint regarding the Zelenshy call) because a monetary value could not be assigned to Don's request to Zelensky of trying to find dirt on Old Joe, or to announce an investigation to do so. (Clearly this law needs to be clarified)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tr...l-referral-whistleblower-s-complaint-n1062481

However, as we know, the technical commission of a crime is not necessary to pursue the impeachment of a prez if his/her actions represent an abuse of power.
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article217126395.html

Perhaps this is a stretch, but I think even Trumpette's will acknowledge, legal or not, it is an abuse of office, at the least, for a prez to use his power to extort a foreign leader in to helping him with the prez's re-election. It was the act that caused the WB to submit his complaint and thus change Pelosi's mind about whether to proceed with impeachment.

The articles of impeachment will die in the senate. Trump will still be president and likely win a second term. This impeachment is backfiring on the democrats.

FB_IMG_1578741032145.jpg

I keep hearing this.................."The articles of impeachment say absolutely nothing about Abuse of power to cheat in the elections. Perpetuating himself in power by illegal means."............................or something similar to that claim.

"Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage."
................................................................................................................................
Now that that is out of the way let's dig a little deeper. Is the act of soliciting Ukraine's help in damaging Biden's candidacy in the 2020 election, and thus helping Don's, a crime?

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“

Does that clear it up? Some still say no. Why? Basically, for the same reason Donnie J was not charged with a crime when he solicited dirt on Hillary from the Russians. A matter addressed at some length in the Mueller report. Team Mueller's conclusion was that because Donnie J was ignorant of the law...........and because of the difficulty in assigning a monetary value to the information he sought...........charging him with a crime that was able to be prosecuted would be difficult.

Similarly, the Orange Fraud's attorney, Billy the Bagman, made the determination no law was broken (after the top CIA counsel contacted the DoJ by issuing a criminal complaint regarding the Zelenshy call) because a monetary value could not be assigned to Don's request to Zelensky of trying to find dirt on Old Joe, or to announce an investigation to do so. (Clearly this law needs to be clarified)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tr...l-referral-whistleblower-s-complaint-n1062481

However, as we know, the technical commission of a crime is not necessary to pursue the impeachment of a prez if his/her actions represent an abuse of power.

Perhaps this is a stretch, but I think even Trumpette's will acknowledge, legal or not, it is an abuse of office, at the least, for a prez to use his power to extort a foreign leader in to helping him with the prez's re-election. It was the act that caused the WB to submit his complaint and thus change Pelosi's mind about whether to proceed with impeachment.

He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage.

A story published in a newspaper discussing Biden's corruption would benefit Trump's re-election?

I agree, the DNC and the Clinton campaign need to be prosecuted for the Steele dossier.

Does that clear it up? Some still say no. Why? Basically, for the same reason Donnie J was not charged with a crime when he solicited dirt on Hillary from the Russians.

He didn't solicit dirt, imaginary dirt was supposedly offered.

and because of the difficulty in assigning a monetary value to the information he sought...........charging him with a crime that was able to be prosecuted would be difficult.

What is the value of non-existent information?

Last edited:

So, your post actually proved this whole thing has been a political stunt from the beginning.

The articles of impeachment specifically say trump asked the ukraine for help for the purpose of helping his campaign. This has never been proven, and shows the dems are using the constitution as a weapon against a president.

Yes, trump requested help from ukraine, but there is no evidence anywhere that shows he did it for personal gain, or for the purpose of helping his campaign.

Actually, the only real evidence shows the opposite, in his transcript. When talking about it with zelensky, trump is clearly referring to the country having been through a big ordeal, and he said it would help US. He didnt say it would help ME.

Everyone in the left, from the Congress to the media assumed he did it for himself, probably because that's what they wanted it to be. They want him gone so they are twisting the story to paint a picture of something that didnt exist.

If they want him gone, i think they need to come up with some sort of evidence he did it for personal gain. Maybe him admitting somewhere that he was looking for some help from the outside to try and hurt biden, even some sort of evidence showing trump was really worried about biden would certainly go a long way to casting some doubt on his motives.

You are correct in saying impeachment does not require a crime, but in the Constitution, it says for high crimes and misdemeanors. The Democrats started an impeachment war hiding behind this nonsense. From this point forward, every single time there is leadership in the House opposite of the President, there will be an impeachment using the precedent the Democrats set last month. I hope you're happy.

In order to prove that Trump asked Zelensky for the favor of looking into the Biden situation which would help him in the election, they must first prove they knew (back in July) that Biden was indeed going to be the nominee. Therefore, the only way it's legitimate is if the Democrats can bring in the crystal ball they used to make this claim, and demonstrate how well it works.

Trump never asked for an investigation. The words "investigation" and "dirt" don't appear in the transcript. Trump asked for a favor.

favor
[ fey-ver ]
noun
something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act:

Definition of favor | Dictionary.com

They will never admit that.

your evidence is based water cooler gossip
Get your witness on the stand instead of hiding behind whistle blower bs

haven't seen you admit to it either

Admit to tRump abusing his power?

Have you not seen any of my posts?

Nobody has used foreign powers more that your side did last election
You're probably a pro at spotting foreign power influence

Nobody has used foreign powers more that your side did last election
You're probably a pro at spotting foreign power influence
That's a Russian backed conspiracy theory.

Ask the CIA, FBI, or anyone who's not a tRumpling.

The articles of impeachment will die in the senate. Trump will still be president and likely win a second term. This impeachment is backfiring on the democrats.
So..........you believe congressional Dems should not have pursued the impeachment of Don because Senate Repubs have already indicated they have no interest in the facts of the case? You know that sounds crazy, right?

your evidence is based water cooler gossip
Get your witness on the stand instead of hiding behind whistle blower bs
Well, 17 witnesses have already testified. All the evidence they presented points to Trump's unequivocal guilt. Dems want even more testimony in order to corroborated what we know. Trump and McConnell hope to block that from happening. And you're telling the Dems to get their witnesses on the stand? What the hell are you talking about?

So, your post actually proved this whole thing has been a political stunt from the beginning.

The articles of impeachment specifically say trump asked the ukraine for help for the purpose of helping his campaign. This has never been proven, and shows the dems are using the constitution as a weapon against a president.
The transcript proves it unequivocally. Not to mention we know from witness testimony during the House inquiry whose idea it was to put the hold on Ukraine aid and why it was done.

Forum List

Back