🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

About those jobs coming back

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
The goober jobs aren't coming back , automation has taken over and without an education rubes are out of luck, especially if you are over 50

Futurists have warned for years that automation will take your job. Now it's happening, albeit in pockets, at manufacturers, warehouses and even some labor-intensive white-collar professions.

Special report: Automation puts jobs in peril

40 years ago they were saying the same stuff. When I worked at a cup/plate factory the automated cup machines were always breaking down and we sat for hours until the mechanics came and fixed it. Same with these robot cars taking over....a total joke

I just had another flash. All that ghetto labor sitting idle...........competition. tell them its sports.

A manufacturer needs to open 3 identical plants, one black, one beaner, one whitey. At end of year a $10000 bonus to each widget installer will be paid to the winner. Gimme a "C", "O"..........what's that spell! Yay team! Go go go, win that prize, beat whitey!

They will bring back that snow shovel factory in Dyersburg! We will make tires again in Akron! Go rubes go! I got your flyover right cher' git er done,

LOL An old millwright here. In the sawmills in the Northwest, we used to have green chains, where 10 to 30 men would pull lumber off into stacks according to dimension, grade, and specie. A hard, back breaking job, but it did pay well as the mills needed to keep people in that job. That job hardly exists anymore. For they have built automatic stackers, that take 2 men and a millwright occasionaly to maintenance it. I know, I helped build a couple of them. So 8 to 28 men lost their jobs to that machine. And they are pretty dependable if the preventive maintenance is done.

Any job that is simple can be done by a machine faster, better, and cheaper than a man. You want a good future? Learn a trade that cannot be done by a machine. Millwright, electrician, and automation people are in demand right now.

Forum List

Back