ACA Doing AWESOME - Connecticut insurer requests rate increase of 34%

Raise those rates, yea that's it. Two reason's, Trump is fence sitting on whether to fund the cost share reductions, will give answer supposedly May 21 and 2nd is Aetna's CEO wants another raise.

The GOP have to do an honest and credible selling job on this, reminding Americans about the rate increases across the board and why this demanded the repeal. Also remind them that it was trade (NAFTA and abuses), healthcare and the immigration issue that was on the ballot in November and the 33-17 state difference illustrated what Americans wanted.

Last edited:
Connecticut insurer requests rate increase of 34% - Hot Air

"The state’s health insurers are asking for sizeable rate increases for individual and small-business policies sold in 2018, led by Anthem, which is seeking an average 33.8 percent increase on plans covering individuals and their families…"

View attachment 125773

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades...
Have you heard anybody say that the ACA is perfect and doesn't need fixes to get the costs down? Anybody?

Not all are asking for that .

ConnectiCare has asked the Connecticut Insurance Department for an average rate hike of 15.2

And I noticed the story fails to mention the actual cost . Just %. If someone is paying $100 a month , and is now paying $115, what's so awful about that ? Beats having NO insurance as they would under the GOP.

"The state’s health insurers are asking for sizeable rate increases for individual and small-business policies sold in 2018, led by Anthem, which is seeking an average 33.8 percent increase on plans covering individuals and their families…"

View attachment 125773

Have you heard anybody say that the ACA is perfect and doesn't need fixes to get the costs down? Anybody?
You have to pass it to find out what's in it. How awesome is that?!

View attachment 125773

Not cool at all... I don't like how the ACA was passed. The GOP spent 7 years bitching about it and then when they get power they do the same BS. Wtf?!

View attachment 125773

Not cool at all... I don't like how the ACA was passed. The GOP spent 7 years bitching about it and then when they get power they do the same BS. Wtf?!

AT least the Aca was debated for a year . The GOP wants to pass whatever shit pops just for their ego.

View attachment 125773

AT least the Aca was debated for a year . The GOP wants to pass whatever shit pops just for their ego.

Debated for a year? When? After it was passed?

This was a stupid pig of a law that was never going to work.

Fortunately, we've been promised that the replacement is gonna be just boffo!

:spinner:

Forum List

Back