ACA exchange future in doubt

Meanwhile everyone else gets screwed....how compassionate

"everyone else" does not get screwed.

Should health care be reserved for the elite?
Please....how many policies got revoked alrdy under Ocare which were called garbage that people liked...now they are moving on to "gold" plated policies unions have I'm sure they would like to keep instead of Ocare and then the rest of us who like our policies too.......

You would think libs would get this concept... But apparently they are too stupid.....

"The biggest problem with the exchanges reflects a basic insurance rule: Insurers need healthy, premium-paying customers to balance claims they cover from the sick."

When people find out what single payer means they dont want it
They don't want Medicare? That's what a single payer system is...and from all the polls, seniors LOVE their Medicare.... I believe they have to pay 20% co pays....unless they pay and get a supplemental policy.

The money comes from what you pay now as your share of your health care coverage through work and I would suppose, a percentage from employers, I would think....?

But honestly, I don't think it was ever spelled out by anyone with the proposal?

Seniors love cheap health care paid for by someone else.
FYI
Only a small bit is paid for by ''someone else''

We are paying for the Republican/Bush Medicare Pill Bill, medicare part D that they passed at 3 am in the morning through CHEATING, without Democratic support and without raising Medicare Taxes to pay for it,

but the Rest of Medicare coverage is paid for by the seniors paying medicare taxes on their salaries for 40 to 45 years before they could get the Medicare health insurance once 65. The seniors have paid for it through decades of their Medicare taxes...and through the matched employer paid Medicare taxes in their names...for the health care part...which is in loo of salary.

They don't want Medicare? That's what a single payer system is...and from all the polls, seniors LOVE their Medicare.... I believe they have to pay 20% co pays....unless they pay and get a supplemental policy.

The money comes from what you pay now as your share of your health care coverage through work and I would suppose, a percentage from employers, I would think....?

But honestly, I don't think it was ever spelled out by anyone with the proposal?

FYI

We are paying for the Republican/Bush Medicare Pill Bill, medicare part D that they passed at 3 am in the morning through CHEATING, without Democratic support and without raising Medicare Taxes to pay for it,

but the Rest of Medicare coverage is paid for by the seniors paying medicare taxes on their salaries for 40 to 45 years before they could get the Medicare health insurance once 65. The seniors have paid for it through decades of their Medicare taxes...and through the matched employer paid Medicare taxes in their names...for the health care part...which is in loo of salary.

Pure and simple....

The medicare dollar that someone used today is provided by someone else.

That is what I said.

Are you saying that is not the case ?

FYI

Seniors have to pay extra premiums to get drugs (medicare part D)

Another article regarding the failure of the ACA exchanges. Interesting read.

Political uncertainty isn't the only threat to the Affordable Care Act's future. Cracks also are spreading through a major pillar supporting the law

Health insurance exchanges created to help millions of people find coverage are turning into money-losing ventures for many insurers.

Insurer Warnings Cast Doubt on ACA Exchange Future

So yesterday the insurers were the enemy; today they're the Keepers of the Truth!!!!!

Interesting.

Political uncertainty isn't the only threat to the Affordable Care Act's future. Cracks also are spreading through a major pillar supporting the law

Health insurance exchanges created to help millions of people find coverage are turning into money-losing ventures for many insurers.

So yesterday the insurers were the enemy; today they're the Keepers of the Truth!!!!!

Interesting.

The enemy is anyone who uses force to get their way, whether they be corrupt politicians, the interest groups who fund them, or outright criminals.

Last edited:
From the article in the OP:

The biggest problem with the exchanges reflects a basic insurance rule: Insurers need healthy, premium-paying customers to balance claims they cover from the sick. Insurers have struggled in many markets because people who couldn't get coverage previously due to a condition were among the first to sign up when the exchanges opened a few years ago. Healthy customers have been slower to enroll.

Insurers say they've also been hurt by customers who appear to be waiting until they become sick to buy coverage. The companies blame liberal enforcement of the ACA's special enrollment exceptions.

Like that wasn't talked to death while the debate was going on.

All you had was the far left screaming...."you hate children" and "you just want people to die".

With their heads up their asses they completely ignored this reality......"young people will love to have insurance".

You bet......especially at prices that are double a new car payment.

Interesting.

The enemy is anyone who uses force to get their way, whether they be corrupt politicians, the interest groups who fund them, or outright criminals.

Hence, I love the 10th amendment.

If I want to live a state where that is accepted....I can.

If I want to live in a state where coporations can't pull that crap.....I can.

But not under Obama.

He is like Al Gore .....trying to homogenize the entire country.

You would think libs would get this concept... But apparently they are too stupid.....

"The biggest problem with the exchanges reflects a basic insurance rule: Insurers need healthy, premium-paying customers to balance claims they cover from the sick."

Brings to mind the social security system when that was first enacted, those who contributed vs those who depended on it.

Brings to mind the social security system when that was first enacted, those who contributed vs those who depended on it.

Yes, anyone who has studied SS knows that the dynamic of increasing workforce participation helped the system for decades.

We are looking to replicate that model ?

Not gonna work.

Yes, anyone who has studied SS knows that the dynamic of increasing workforce participation helped the system for decades.

Not gonna work.

Although I don't see where I made the above reply, I will say this. Social Security originated at a time in the 1930s where there was a lot of older workers in the workforce, with a high unemployment rate among a younger generation who was being blocked from potential job opportunities that were already taken up by the presence of a much older generation. In short there was an economic employment issue that needed to be solved. When the plan was originally crafted the preconceived "government" model was sold under the concept that there would be over 42 employed workers contributing to the funding of every one retiree seeking those benefits.

Have you tried looking into how that ratio model is doing, from the one was forcasted to be the case when the government sold it to the American people?

Our government had this habit before through social security, of promoting and selling the American people on promises and gambling financial figures they know they can't predict or live up to. Why else do we find England, after all these years, trying to overcome increasing government debt as.a direct result of the NHS. A debt that is leading to treatment cuts and quality of care issues. Every government national plan meant to help the American people erodes into financial failure under a burden of debt that [surprisingly] they never seem able to foresee. Have we learned yet?

Not gonna work.

Although I don't see where I made the above reply, I will say this. Social Security originated at a time in the 1930s where there was a lot of older workers in the workforce, with a high unemployment rate among a younger generation who was being blocked from potential job opportunities that were already taken up by the presence of a much older generation. In short there was an economic employment issue that needed to be solved. When the plan was originally crafted the preconceived "government" model was sold under the concept that there would be over 42 employed workers contributing to the funding of every one retiree seeking those benefits.

Have you tried looking into how that ratio model is doing, from the one was forcasted to be the case when the government sold it to the American people?

Our government had this habit before through social security, of promoting and selling the American people on promises and gambling financial figures they know they can't predict or live up to. Why else do we find England, after all these years, trying to overcome increasing government debt as.a direct result of the NHS. A debt that is leading to treatment cuts and quality of care issues. Every government national plan meant to help the American people erodes into financial failure under a burden of debt that [surprisingly] they never seem able to foresee. Have we learned yet?

Agreed.

We have a government that can't seem to tie it's shoelaces.

Forum List

Back