“Accidental Racist”

playing the victim is all about convenience too

You're confused. I'm no victim. I'm an activist. I'm your worst nightmare.....an "educated" negro. But of course, you'll explain to the board how "playing the victim is all about convenience, too". I'm all ears and eyes.
No Poet, you're a talking cliche. Black with a chip on your shoulder much bigger than your dick. Intellectual or nightmare?, not so much.

There you go...exposing your homosexual tendencies. Why are you concerned with my dick? Chip on my shoulder? Why? Because I call you righties out on your racism, bigotry and now, homophobia? Send me your email addy, and I'll send you a pic of my dick, so you can jackoff to it. No problem, sweet thing.

You're confused. I'm no victim. I'm an activist. I'm your worst nightmare.....an "educated" negro. But of course, you'll explain to the board how "playing the victim is all about convenience, too". I'm all ears and eyes.
No Poet, you're a talking cliche. Black with a chip on your shoulder much bigger than your dick. Intellectual or nightmare?, not so much.

There you go...exposing your homosexual tendencies. Why are you concerned with my dick? Chip on my shoulder? Why? Because I call you righties out on your racism, bigotry and now, homophobia? Send me your email addy, and I'll send you a pic of my dick, so you can jackoff to it. No problem, sweet thing.
You don't get it, no one cares.

You obviously do...comparing the chip on my shoulder to the size of my dick. I'd say, you care "a lot". Sorry, but I'm already spoken for...and I don't cheat.

No, it's not. You don't even understand what the word means, "dumbass." :rolleyes:

Just saying it's not doesn't mean it's not.

The word means something, you idiot. I don't expect the likes of you to even begin to grasp the underlying concepts, but you could at least learn the English language.

What is Morality?

For a topic as subjective as morality, people sure have strong beliefs about what's right and wrong. Yet even though morals can vary from person to person and culture to culture, many are practically universal, as they result from basic human emotions. We may think of moralizing as an intellectual exercise, but more frequently it's an attempt to make sense of our gut instincts.

You obviously do...comparing the chip on my shoulder to the size of my dick. I'd say, you care "a lot". Sorry, but I'm already spoken for...and I don't cheat.
You're an idiot for getting yourself into this, but come on tell us, which is bigger? Inversion is allowed!:)

The word means something, you idiot. I don't expect the likes of you to even begin to grasp the underlying concepts, but you could at least learn the English language.

For a topic as subjective as morality...

I know you liberals are uncomfortable with the notion, but the word does have a meaning.

I wouldn't know what makes liberals uncomfortable. I just know that not everyone shares the same morals. Which makes them subjective. And I'm sorry you're not intelligent
enough to understand something that basic.

Perhaps you should stick to what your limited intelligence has equipped you for, which is trolling and hurling insults.

We all are subserviant in one way or another. Isn't an alcoholic subserviant to their addiction? Or you subserviant to paying for your internet connection to come on this message board to call me misguided?

EDIT:

Slavery in the states was immoral as it robbed generations of people their culture and heritage.

I'm not a servant to anyone I am an Alpha I make my own trail I owe no one anything.

Actually, you owe a lot of people..................

Did you make your own gun like they do in the PI?

Did you make your own car, from the wheel on up?

By the way...........................do you grow your own food?

I don't owe them shit they got their pay
And yes I grow my food.

For a topic as subjective as morality...

I know you liberals are uncomfortable with the notion, but the word does have a meaning.

I wouldn't know what makes liberals uncomfortable. I just know that not everyone shares the same morals. Which makes them subjective. And I'm sorry you're not intelligent
enough to understand something that basic.

Perhaps you should stick to what your limited intelligence has equipped you for, which is trolling and hurling insults.

Right. Like you don't do the same. #hypocrite.

That's a fucked up song. I would never apologize for what my ancestors legally done.

Legally as it may be to you, immoral as they were before, rest assure racist whites (like yourself) today could not, and will not, put another person in chains.

Oh boy, calling me a racist as if it's makes a bit of difference. I don't place todays standards on things that have happened in the past. You say it was immoral, well it wasn't at the time.

Slavery has always been immoral. That's why civilisations that allowed and profited from chattel slavery invested so much of their time guarding the slaves in their possesion, because those that owned them didn't want to suffer the physical consequences of keeping a man in bondage, permanently seperating him from his family and forcing him to work for nothing but the bread his owner(s) gave him. They were well aware of how morally offensive what they were doing was, because they could imagine from themselves the emotional torment and loss of dignity slavery incurs. The only difference today is that it's illegal.

But beyond the good intentions, there’s a shocking amount of naivety on display in “Accidental Racist”, particularly for two men who’ve spent a combined 85 years living in American society. From most- to least-forgivable, their sins are:

CONFLATING PERSONAL PREJUDICE WITH INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM: You wouldn’t know it from movies like The Help, but the history of racial oppression goes beyond some people being rude to some other people because of the color of their skin. But everyone messes this one up—even us!—so Brad and LL get a pass.

GLOSSING OVER SLAVERY AND JIM CROW AS “MISTAKES”: Calling your girlfriend your ex’s name is a mistake. Systematically robbing millions of people of their humanity goes a little further than that. For the sake of lyrical brevity we understand why Brad didn’t go into the whole history here, but there’s got to be a better two-syllable word that works in that spot.

SAMPLING “DIXIE” IN A SONG ABOUT RACE RELATIONS: Yes, it’s a catchy song. Yes, Abraham Lincoln liked it. This does not change the fact that it was the unofficial national anthem of a state built on white supremacy.

TIPPING A HAT TO THE “ANGRY BLACKS JUST WANT THE WHITE MAN’S MONEY” MEME: “I want you to get paid, but be a slave I never could,” raps LL. Why are those two thoughts next to each other?

MAKING THE WORST FALSE EQUIVALENCIES THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN: The most poisonous of all the song’s rhetorical sins come in the coda, where Paisley and LL Cool J trade lines about making the world a better place. It’s cute, until you realize what they’re saying: “If you won’t judge my do-rag, I won’t judge your red [Confederate] flag.” In other words, LL won’t get mad about Brad sporting a symbol of white supremacy as long as Brad won’t get mad about … a random fashion choice that has nothing to do with him. Later, it gets worse: “If you forget my gold chains, I’ll forget the iron chains.” Is putting people who don’t like slavery on the same moral level as racists really worth that wordplay?

That’s the overwhelming message of the song: Yes, white southerners may have been pretty racist in the past, but as a result of that racism some people have negative feelings about the South—and isn’t that just as bad? If those people could just be less angry and forget about the racism, well then by golly, white southerners might stop being racist! For a guy who just wants to wear his Skynyrd shirt in peace, that’s a post-racial utopia worth singing about.

Brad Paisley "Accidental Racist" Lyrics Meaning: How Clueless Is It? - Popdust

I agree that the intentions were good and the song sucked. I'm a little disappointed with LL's part. Lincoln didn't free him.

Forum List

Back