Zone1 Anti-white racism in hiring is beyond extreme

I am not privy to what your father experienced during his years entering and getting started in the workforce, however, I am quite
aware of what was going on during my own father's period of entry into the workforce, and he experienced numerous closed doors due to Jim Crow restrictions, even though he graduated at top of his own class, and had a spotless work record from the Navy as well as in previous jobs held.

As far as there being "plenty of diversity back then", I'm not certain what "plenty" would have resembled for that era.

Perhaps "plenty" would have been one or two minorities out of a field of 20 candidates?

Neither of us know for certain, however I do know that if my own father was still living, he would be in his mid 90's, and would describe a much different experience in terms of "diversity" where he came from.

IMHO, it is a very slippery slope to anticipate what your father would have experienced now versus then, because we are talking about isolated cases, not actual laws on the books that mandate that colleges like UW do what they did, and were promptly corrected for, as they deserved to be.

That being said, the holy grail for most here who often discuss matters of race, refer to per capita as the approved benchmark for most statistics.

We've even done so in this thread.

With all due respect, based on current per capita numbers, if qualified, your father (RIP), would have just as likely had a positive outcome, especially at the executive and managerial level,
in today's environment.

Of course that is speculation, just as it to assume that he may have been passed over due to preferential treatment being extended to someone else of a another demographic.

This is my opinion based on statistics.
Sorry, but we will just have to disagree on this one. Deciding to prioritize race over merit in order to lower the percentage of whites being hired and increase the percentage of POC is every bit as racist as it is going in the opposite direction.

Good thing I’m not in the workforce anymore. My talent, skill set, experience, and proven record of accomplishment would all pale, pardon the pun, due to my light skin color.

Sorry, but we will just have to disagree on this one. Deciding to prioritize race over merit in order to lower the percentage of whites being hired and increase the percentage of POC is every bit as racist as it is going in the opposite direction.

Good thing I’m not in the workforce anymore. My talent, skill set, experience, and proven record of accomplishment would all pale, pardon the pun, due to my light skin color.
In the tech area, merit hiring has resulted in a work force that has a much smaller % of whites than the % in the population.
For what ever reason, nonwhites are being more aggressive in gaining the skills required in tech.
It is not because of white discrimination.

Minority quotas are not the reason most whites do not get jobs. It is because they don't have the skills.

Yes, we will have to. However, such "decisions" are not the law of the land.
And, as was the case of one of your examples of this at the University of Washington, it was quickly addressed, as I showed you.
Here is the link again:

That is not an absolute certainty. It is just as probable that you would prosper.

As you have stated before, you graduated Phi Beta Kappa, which only has chapters in 10% of U.S. institutions of higher learning.

In addition, you're also a female.

Therefore, I'm going to go out on a limb and state that you likely would have a positive outcome by comparison to most in today's workforce👍

Last edited:
There is plenty of discussion of “systemic racism” against blacks and POC, but the truth is that the biggest target of racism are WHITES. (And if you’re a white male, the odds are stacked against you even more. Just pray you don’t lose your job.)

In this Bloomberg report, it is revealed that the S&P 100 added 320,000 jobs in the year after the violent, ex-felon died - and 94% of the new jobs went to POC. This shows how extreme the agenda is to prioritize race over merit as the primary qualifier for jobs, and it is a recipe for decline.

In glad I'm out of the working world .....I'd be tempted to throw some HR fat boogie out a32 nd floor window

Hispanic individuals accounted for the most hires with 40%, followed by Black and Asian people with 23% and 22% respectively. Much of the workers of color accounted for in Bloomberg's analysis were added to fill position in lower-level roles, such as sales and labor.

S&P 100 companies are obviously conscious of increasing workforce diversity. But 44% of executive positions went to white job applicants and most minorities got lower-level jobs, such as sales and labor, which benefited Hispanic individuals most at 40%. I personally don't want menial jobs at this age but hard-working Hispanics don't hesitate to take lower-level jobs that others in the U.S. won't stand for, which makes Latinos valued employees.

Last edited:
There is plenty of discussion of “systemic racism” against blacks and POC, but the truth is that the biggest target of racism are WHITES. (And if you’re a white male, the odds are stacked against you even more. Just pray you don’t lose your job.)

In this Bloomberg report, it is revealed that the S&P 100 added 320,000 jobs in the year after the violent, ex-felon died - and 94% of the new jobs went to POC. This shows how extreme the agenda is to prioritize race over merit as the primary qualifier for jobs, and it is a recipe for decline.

Using terms like "POC" means you are buying into this nonsense. Words matter.

Forum List

Back