According to science, how does a new species develop?

Man was carefully crafted out of the earth, just like the Bible says. Here is our breakdown:.

Yep- and woman was created from Man's rib........just like the Bible says......

LOL
He’s actually right this time.

Some kind of mold, dna, organic protein or amino acid in clay (I’m no scientist) started life on the planet. The single sell split, had sex, and evolved into all the life we see today.

So we did come from the earth. What are you now suggesting life just pooped into existence? If we weren’t crafted out of the earth where do you think we came from?

No- we didn't 'come from the earth' anymore than a book comes from the earth.

We really don't know how life on earth came into being- lots of theories- but no evidence.

But none of that is necessary for the theory of evolution. We know that humans evolved from other humanoids, and have common ancestors with great apes.

We were not molded out a pile of clay.
Where did the monkey come from? It was a rodent mammal. Before that a fish. Before that a multi cell organism. Before that a single cell organism. That single cell organism happened in clay. Oddly enough all life did come from the earth.

If you don’t believe that where do you think humanoids came from?

If a cell cannot be created, just like an atom can't be created , then you have to look at what other theories of origins are out there. (BTW molecules can be put together to create something, but not atoms. We can create synthetic diamonds, but not gold. This is as God designed. He put limitations. A man's got to know his limitations as Dirty Harry said.) If it's not based on evolutionary thinking, then it's creation. The arguments have come down to basically these two. Actually, there is a third option where one can choose to ignore the fine tuning facts or laws, as it only applied during expansion, but then they would run into other problems such as fine tuning in biology down the road. Read the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy link below.

Here is evidence of what I am talking about. We have sent probes to every planet and now have boiled it down to two in regards to possibility of life bearing and being able to support life if we choose to colonize there. One is Mars which has been studied in-depth and not one microbe has been found. The remaining planet is Europa which is a moon of Jupiter and not a planet. Mars is still highly questionable in regards to supporting life because not enough water has been found. What's there is frozen and scientists think there was water there in the past. That said, if there was water there in the past, then we would find some evidence of past life. Europa still has a chance because studies have shown vast oceans of water within the planet.

What is happening today is Stephen Hawking wrote a paper before he died which I will relate to fine tuning below. I mention him because he is the person whom I read to learn of the Big Bang Theory. When these atheist scientists were investigating what happened immediately after the expansion, i.e. big bang, they discovered fine tuning parameters that if they were minutely off, then the universe would have collapsed onto itself. If the speed of expansion was too fast, then gravity would not have been able to pull the planets, moons and stars together . Look up John Leslie and fine tuning for an evolutionist view of fine tuning. There are too many parameters to discuss in this short space, so I post links to two web pages, one creation science and the other neutral philosophy that give detailed explanation. The creation science link discusses the parameters and shows how great the chances are of life happening as the universe and earth formed. This is why Stephen Hawking asked, "Why is there something instead of nothing?" The other link discusses the competing theories. One even asks if a response is necessary. It seems to state, "It is what it is."

The Universe: Evidence for Its Fine Tuning

Fine-Tuning (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

What we learn today is Stephen Hawking wrote a paper two weeks before he died. In it he discusses why there are multiverses. It's tries to explain how multiverses could form as other scientists have done like Guth, Linde, Weinberg and others. Why multiverses are important is because it is atheist science's or evolutionary thinking's hypothesis to counter the fine tuning of an intelligent designer and support the anthropic principle. One name for it is the eternal chaotic inflation hypothesis. Creation science thinks fine tuning is evidence for God and creation.

Article and link to his paper from Cornell is within.
Read Stephen Hawking's Final Paper On How To Find Parallel Universes, Submitted Just Two Weeks Before He Died

Confronting the Multiverse: What 'Infinite Universes' Would Mean
if you don't believe in evolution, you must believe a fully formed man just ''appears'' from nothing...yes or no??

That's just idiotic. Evolution can't readily explain how an asexual single-cell turned into a sexual one.
I just saw it explained. Just YouTube it. There are over 100 dwarf planets in our outer solar system. Bet the ones with water and active cores and organic material all have life in their oceans.

If they discover life in Serius or titan or on Pluto what will you say then?

What is your hypothesis?

Which ones are these dwarf planets? Can we get there, i.e. send a probe there? So far, we've sent probes to every planet in our solar system. None has life, but evos still hold out hope for Mars (life existed there previously), Europa (moon of Jupiter) and Titan (moon of Saturn). My evo website has admitted that life outside of earth is rare, but didn't give a reason. The reasons life is rare are based ons fine tuning facts or parameters (evolutionary thinking) and God didn't create aliens (creation science thinking).

Did you know Scientists have found evidence that cold, Yellowstone-like geysers of water are issuing from a moon of Saturn called Enceladus, apparently fueled by liquid reservoirs that may lie just tens of yards beneath the moon's icy surface? No. You think we sent a probe here and didn't find life and that's the end of it. You couldn't be more wrong. They did find something very promising and now we have to go back.

The surprising discovery, detailed in Friday's issue of the journal Science, could shoot Enceladus to the top of the list in the search for life elsewhere in our solar system. Scientists described it as the most important discovery in planetary science in a quarter-century.

"I think this is important enough that we will see a redirection in the planetary exploration program," Carolyn Porco, head of the imaging team for the Cassini mission to Saturn, told MSNBC.com. "We've just brought Enceladus up to the forefront as a major target of astrobiological interest."

The readings from Enceladus' geyser plumes indicate that all the prerequisites for life as we know it could exist beneath Enceladus' surface, Porco said.

"Living organisms require liquid water and organic materials, and we know we have both on Enceladus now," she said. "The plumes through which Cassini flew last July contain methane, contain CO2, propane — they contain several organic materials."

The third necessary ingredient — energy for fueling life's processes — could exist around hydrothermal vents around the bottom of Enceladus' water reservoirs, just as it does around Earth's deep-ocean hydrothermal vents.

Liquid water on Saturn moon could support life

Sorry, sealybobo but missed this one. My bet is on Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. Someone else mentioned Titan, so will keep an eye on it as well as news about Mars.

It's interesting that they found lots of water on Enceladus. However, I do not see it on my list of active solar system probes and your link is from 2006. What happened to Enceladus? Is there something else that prevents habitiblity?

if you don't believe in evolution, you must believe a fully formed man just ''appears'' from nothing...yes or no??

That's just idiotic. Evolution can't readily explain how an asexual single-cell turned into a sexual one.
I just saw it explained. Just YouTube it. There are over 100 dwarf planets in our outer solar system. Bet the ones with water and active cores and organic material all have life in their oceans.

What is your hypothesis?

Which ones are these dwarf planets? Can we get there, i.e. send a probe there? So far, we've sent probes to every planet in our solar system. None has life, but evos still hold out hope for Mars (life existed there previously), Europa (moon of Jupiter) and Titan (moon of Saturn). My evo website has admitted that life outside of earth is rare, but didn't give a reason. The reasons life is rare are based ons fine tuning facts or parameters (evolutionary thinking) and God didn't create aliens (creation science thinking).

Did you know Scientists have found evidence that cold, Yellowstone-like geysers of water are issuing from a moon of Saturn called Enceladus, apparently fueled by liquid reservoirs that may lie just tens of yards beneath the moon's icy surface? No. You think we sent a probe here and didn't find life and that's the end of it. You couldn't be more wrong. They did find something very promising and now we have to go back.

The surprising discovery, detailed in Friday's issue of the journal Science, could shoot Enceladus to the top of the list in the search for life elsewhere in our solar system. Scientists described it as the most important discovery in planetary science in a quarter-century.

"I think this is important enough that we will see a redirection in the planetary exploration program," Carolyn Porco, head of the imaging team for the Cassini mission to Saturn, told MSNBC.com. "We've just brought Enceladus up to the forefront as a major target of astrobiological interest."

The readings from Enceladus' geyser plumes indicate that all the prerequisites for life as we know it could exist beneath Enceladus' surface, Porco said.

"Living organisms require liquid water and organic materials, and we know we have both on Enceladus now," she said. "The plumes through which Cassini flew last July contain methane, contain CO2, propane — they contain several organic materials."

The third necessary ingredient — energy for fueling life's processes — could exist around hydrothermal vents around the bottom of Enceladus' water reservoirs, just as it does around Earth's deep-ocean hydrothermal vents.

Liquid water on Saturn moon could support life

Sorry, sealybobo but missed this one. My bet is on Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. Someone else mentioned Titan, so will keep an eye on it as well as news about Mars.

It's interesting that they found lots of water on Enceladus. However, I do not see it on my list of active solar system probes and your link is from 2006. What happened to Enceladus? Is there something else that prevents habitiblity?
Most missions are shelved. We aren’t going anytime soon

What is your hypothesis?

Which ones are these dwarf planets? Can we get there, i.e. send a probe there? So far, we've sent probes to every planet in our solar system. None has life, but evos still hold out hope for Mars (life existed there previously), Europa (moon of Jupiter) and Titan (moon of Saturn). My evo website has admitted that life outside of earth is rare, but didn't give a reason. ).

We have no evidence of life anywhere but earth. Mars may have had life previously- but we don't know that.

So if there is life on other planets- would that be signs of evolution? Or of creation?
Who says there isn’t life in mars Europa and titan? We haven’t sent a probe yet so the truth is we just don’t know yet.

These places have water, a hot core and the organic materials necessary for life.

And again, even if we find smart dolphins in Europa what will that prove? Will it make Christians not believe? I doubt it.

So why do so many fundamental Christians seem to be adamant that there is no other life on other planets? Either they want to believe that or there bible tells them..

I think they just want to believe we are alone. Makes them feel special but if aliens visited that wouldn’t shake their faith

First, these are two different conversations. One is finding life on another planet. The second is whether humans can live on another planet, i.e. colonize another planet. While the chances of the latter is greatly enhanced by finding life on another planets, ti isn't a necessary requirement.

If we found smart dolphins on another planet, then it would be a contradiction to the Bible and fine tuning parameters (facts) but it wouldn't necessarily mean that Christians will give up their beliefs. I mean we haven't found any alien life and Darwinian evolution has admitted that life is rare, but that doesn't stop atheists from continuing to believe in Darwinian evolution. Moreover, in arguing against the fine tuning facts, evolutionary thinking has led to the multiverse hypothesis :rolleyes:.

What is your hypothesis?

Which ones are these dwarf planets? Can we get there, i.e. send a probe there? So far, we've sent probes to every planet in our solar system. None has life, but evos still hold out hope for Mars (life existed there previously), Europa (moon of Jupiter) and Titan (moon of Saturn). My evo website has admitted that life outside of earth is rare, but didn't give a reason. ).

We have no evidence of life anywhere but earth. Mars may have had life previously- but we don't know that.

So if there is life on other planets- would that be signs of evolution? Or of creation?
Who says there isn’t life in mars Europa and titan? We haven’t sent a probe yet so the truth is we just don’t know yet.

These places have water, a hot core and the organic materials necessary for life.

And again, even if we find smart dolphins in Europa what will that prove? Will it make Christians not believe? I doubt it.

So why do so many fundamental Christians seem to be adamant that there is no other life on other planets? Either they want to believe that or there bible tells them..

I think they just want to believe we are alone. Makes them feel special but if aliens visited that wouldn’t shake their faith

First, these are two different conversations. One is finding life on another planet. The second is whether humans can live on another planet, i.e. colonize another planet. While the chances of the latter is greatly enhanced by finding life on another planets, ti isn't a necessary requirement.

If we found smart dolphins on another planet, then it would be a contradiction to the Bible and fine tuning parameters (facts) but it wouldn't necessarily mean that Christians will give up their beliefs. I mean we haven't found any alien life and Darwinian evolution has admitted that life is rare, but that doesn't stop atheists from continuing to believe in Darwinian evolution. Moreover, in arguing against the fine tuning facts, evolutionary thinking has led to the multiverse hypothesis :rolleyes:.
Because we prefer more than one hypothesis or possible explanation. I’m open to other theories

Man was carefully crafted out of the earth, just like the Bible says. Here is our breakdown:.

LOL

Some kind of mold, dna, organic protein or amino acid in clay (I’m no scientist) started life on the planet. The single sell split, had sex, and evolved into all the life we see today.

So we did come from the earth. What are you now suggesting life just pooped into existence? If we weren’t crafted out of the earth where do you think we came from?

We really don't know how life on earth came into being- lots of theories- but no evidence.

But none of that is necessary for the theory of evolution. We know that humans evolved from other humanoids, and have common ancestors with great apes.

Where did the monkey come from? It was a rodent mammal. Before that a fish. Before that a multi cell organism. Before that a single cell organism. That single cell organism happened in clay. Oddly enough all life did come from the earth.

Certainly if you want to claim that a book comes from clay, then you can also argue that humans come from clay.

But we didn't.

Perhaps our earliest ancestor came from clay.

But we didn't.

What is your hypothesis?

Because we prefer more than one hypothesis or possible explanation. I’m open to other theories

Sure- if there is any theory that the evidence better fits- then I would go with that theory.

LOL

Certainly if you want to claim that a book comes from clay, then you can also argue that humans come from clay.

But we didn't.

But we didn't.
The reason I say clay is because these science shows suggest clay is the perfect environment for life to get started in.

What are examples of new species?
Every species which exists, really. Only one species was the most recent common ancestor of all species. So, at least (all the species - 1) species on the planet are new species, if not all.
Every species which exists, really. Only one species was the most recent common ancestor of all species. So, at least (all the species - 1) species on the planet are new species, if not all.

Riiight. :cuckoo:

What new species have developed in the past 400 years?

I know a few have gone extinct.

Give me an example of an observed new species and not pure crap, pls.

This is the fifth time I have posted this in this thread. I fully expect you to explain why it doesn't count

I noticed the internet fairy tale believers still don't have the balls to respond to this great article I cited- anyone surprised?

Great article.

Evolution: Watching Speciation Occur | Observations
Critics of evolution often fall back on the maxim that no one has ever seen one species split into two. While that's clearly a straw man, because most speciation takes far longer than our lifespan to occur, it's also not true. We have seen species split, and we continue to see species diverging every day.

Tragopogon1.gif

For example, there were the two new species of American goatsbeards (or salsifies, genus Tragopogon) that sprung into existence in the past century. In the early 1900s, three species of these wildflowers - the western salsify (T. dubius), the meadow salsify (T. pratensis), and the oyster plant (T. porrifolius) - were introduced to the United States from Europe. As their populations expanded, the species interacted, often producing sterile hybrids. But by the 1950s, scientists realized that there were two new variations of goatsbeard growing. While they looked like hybrids, they weren't sterile. They were perfectly capable of reproducing with their own kind but not with any of the original three species - the classic definition of a new species.

Sorry, Syriusly but missed this one since it wasn't addressed to me. This is an evo argument listed in Talk Origins as follows:

"No new species (alternately, "kinds") are evolving today.

Three species of wildflowers called goatsbeards were introduced to the United States from Europe shortly after the turn of the century. Within a few decades their populations expanded and began to encounter one another in the American West. Whenever mixed populations occurred, the specied interbred (hybridizing) producing sterile hybrid offspring. Suddenly, in the late Forties two new species of goatsbeard appeared near Pullman, Washington. Although the new species were similar in appearance to the hybrids, they produced fertile offspring. The evolutionary process had created a separate species that could reproduce but not mate with the goatsbeard plants from which it had evolved.

The article is on page 22 of the February, 1989 issue of Scientific American. It's called "A Breed Apart." It tells about studies conducted on a fruit fly, Rhagoletis pomonella, that is a parasite of the hawthorn tree and its fruit, which is commonly called the thorn apple. About 150 years ago, some of these flies began infesting apple trees, as well. The flies feed an breed on either apples or thorn apples, but not both. There's enough evidence to convince the scientific investigators that they're witnessing speciation in action. Note that some of the investigators set out to prove that speciation was not happening; the evidence convinced them otherwise.

[Sources: "Instant Evolution", Science Digest, July 1982 Saladin / Gish debate at Auburn University at Montgomery, 24 March 1984]"

Do you have a link for your source "Instant Evolution," Science Digest, July 1982 Saladin? Or the fist Saladin - Gish debate at Auburn U from 24 March 1984?

LMGTFY

The only articles I can find are:
Saladin-Gish Debate II

Talk:Evolution/creationism/kdbufallo - Wikipedia

Here's what my evo website says about speciation evidence and reproductive isolation:
Evidence for speciation:

LOL

But we didn't.

But we didn't.
The reason I say clay is because these science shows suggest clay is the perfect environment for life to get started in.

LOL

But we didn't.

But we didn't.

Does science back up the Bible?

Before cells, biochemicals may have combined in clay | Cornell Chronicle

LOL

Here’s another theory. Life started on earth just after the last Great bombardment. We know mars meteors have made it to earth. We know mars had a better atmosphere for life before earth did. We know life can survive deep space. We know scientifically how evolution works. Long story short is we might be martians.

But then how did life start on mars you may ask. I think god did it.

LOL

We know nothing of the kind. You were not and never have been a monkey.
Tell me how many millions of years it took for us to evolve from Neanderthal Man. When did monkeys stop turning into people? And why did evolution stop at Modern Man?
We are from the earth. I already gave you the element breakdown. What do you think we are made of?

Ram, your ignorance is completely visible. While we have some Neanderthal genes, we are a separate from them. We are homo sapiens, they were our close cousins, and most of our genetics come from the sapiens group that came out of Africa long after the Neanderthal had already colonized Europe and Asia. And we had a common ancestor with the great apes, you have to go further back for an ancestor that was also the ancestor to the monkeys.

And you Rock are just a little bit smarter than some. Not nearly as smart as others.
The reason Neanderthal DNA has been found in a few of us "Modern Man" is not because of genetics, but because Modern Man lived at the same time as Neanderthals. And in rare cases may have bred with them. There was no evolution from them to us.

Evolutionists tried to shove this garbage down our throats for decades. And it has been shot to hell, Especially since we have discovered that pretend, part human Lucy was not the beginning of our journey. They have now found two skeletons of Modern Man that are older than Lucy. They were here before the whole Africa migration theory.
\There is no missing link. You aren't as smart as you think.
7932305.png

You still think Neanderthal man is part of our genetic evolution to Modern man. Science does not agree with you, and hasn't since the 70's. They have kicked him out of our evolutionary chain. You need to too.

Last edited:

LOL

We know nothing of the kind. You were not and never have been a monkey.
Tell me how many millions of years it took for us to evolve from Neanderthal Man. When did monkeys stop turning into people? And why did evolution stop at Modern Man??
I have never been a monkey- you got one thing right!
We didn't evolve from Neanderthals- I already explained that- so you are wrong there again.
Monkey's never turned into people- that is as silly and ignorant and claiming some fairy in the sky created people.
Why do you believe that Evolution ever stops?

Riiight. :cuckoo:

What new species have developed in the past 400 years?

I know a few have gone extinct.

Give me an example of an observed new species and not pure crap, pls.

This is the fifth time I have posted this in this thread. I fully expect you to explain why it doesn't count

I noticed the internet fairy tale believers still don't have the balls to respond to this great article I cited- anyone surprised?

Great article.

Critics of evolution often fall back on the maxim that no one has ever seen one species split into two. While that's clearly a straw man, because most speciation takes far longer than our lifespan to occur, it's also not true. We have seen species split, and we continue to see species diverging every day.

Tragopogon1.gif

For example, there were the two new species of American goatsbeards (or salsifies, genus Tragopogon) that sprung into existence in the past century. In the early 1900s, three species of these wildflowers - the western salsify (T. dubius), the meadow salsify (T. pratensis), and the oyster plant (T. porrifolius) - were introduced to the United States from Europe. As their populations expanded, the species interacted, often producing sterile hybrids. But by the 1950s, scientists realized that there were two new variations of goatsbeard growing. While they looked like hybrids, they weren't sterile. They were perfectly capable of reproducing with their own kind but not with any of the original three species - the classic definition of a new species.

Sorry, Syriusly but missed this one since it wasn't addressed to me. This is an evo argument listed in Talk Origins as follows:

"No new species (alternately, "kinds") are evolving today.

So you still can't address the article I cited?

This is now the sixth time I have posted this in this thread. I fully expect you to explain why it doesn't count

Great article.

Tragopogon1.gif

For example, there were the two new species of American goatsbeards (or salsifies, genus Tragopogon) that sprung into existence in the past century. In the early 1900s, three species of these wildflowers - the western salsify (T. dubius), the meadow salsify (T. pratensis), and the oyster plant (T. porrifolius) - were introduced to the United States from Europe. As their populations expanded, the species interacted, often producing sterile hybrids. But by the 1950s, scientists realized that there were two new variations of goatsbeard growing. While they looked like hybrids, they weren't sterile. They were perfectly capable of reproducing with their own kind but not with any of the original three species - the classic definition of a new species

[
[Sources: "Instant Evolution", Science Digest, July 1982 Saladin / Gish debate at Auburn University at Montgomery, 24 March 1984]"

Do you have a link for your source "Instant Evolution," Science Digest, July 1982 Saladin? Or the fist Saladin - Gish debate at Auburn U from 24 March 1984?

LMGTFY

The only articles I can find are:
Saladin-Gish Debate II

Talk:Evolution/creationism/kdbufallo - Wikipedia

Here's what my evo website says about speciation evidence and reproductive isolation:
Evidence for speciation:

I have no idea why you are asking me for a source for "Instant Evolution".

I never mentioned it.

But we didn't.

But we didn't.

But we didn't.

But we didn't.

Does science back up the Bible?

Before cells, biochemicals may have combined in clay | Cornell Chronicle

Nope. Not any literal interpretation of the Bible.

And you Rock are just a little bit smarter than some. Not nearly as smart as others.
The reason Neanderthal DNA has been found in a few of us "Modern Man" is not because of genetics, but because Modern Man lived at the same time as Neanderthals. And in rare cases may have bred with them. There was no evolution from them to us..

Hmmm that is part of genetics.

The only reason why homo sapiens could breed with neanderthals is because we were genetically close enough to them to allow crossbreeding with fertile offspring.

In other words- there was a common ancestor to both Neanderthals and homo sapiens.

You are the only one here who argued that Man evolved from Neanderthals- even after I pointed out that wasn't so.

The reason Neanderthal DNA has been found in a few of us "Modern Man" is not because of genetics, but because Modern Man lived at the same time as Neanderthals. And in rare cases may have bred with them. There was no evolution from them to us.

Evolutionists tried to shove this garbage down our throats for decades. And it has been shot to hell, Especially since we have discovered that pretend, part human Lucy was not the beginning of our journey. They have now found two skeletons of Modern Man that are older than Lucy. They were here before the whole Africa migration theory.
\There is no missing link. You aren't as smart as you think.
7932305.png

You still think Neanderthal man is part of our genetic evolution to Modern man. Science does not agree with you, and hasn't since the 70's. They have kicked him out of our evolutionary chain. You need to too.

LOL- so you posted a cartoon from a Christianist website to prove disprove evolution?

This just proves that you don't believe in science.

Forum List

Back