ACLU + Infowars expose torture in prison

I spent time in the hole during my prison stay. I did not consider it torture. It certainly sucked but torture? Hardly

Try it for 30 years.

Fuck that. 30 days was a bitch. But I also realize what defines solitary confinement varies from institution to institution.

Last night I watched a documentary about Russian prisons and that was bad. What we have here, not so much.

I know, it could be a lot worse, that is not an excuse to ignore how bad it actually is.

So first they take this veteran and put him in solitary confinement:

Stop Solitary - Mental Health Resources | American Civil Liberties Union

Then, as expected, when someone tries to commit suicide in solitary confinement, they torture him:

» 1984?s Room 101: ?VIDEO from US prison shows inmate held down, pepper sprayed at close range? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Don't think this is an isolated incident, I'm discovering that many young men, mostly in prison for victimless crimes (drug possession) are tortured routinely and converted into REAL criminals once they are released.

God bless Admiralty Jurisdiction!

As one who works in one every day, I don't buy it. I mean sure it happens, and you bet your right when you say victimless criminals get locked up and come out the worse for it. But torture on a grand scale? All I know is that where I work, if any of us use excessive force, we're finished and pretty much fired on the spot. Our state doesn't want law suits.

As a person who knows more about prison that you I can guarantee you that solitary confinement is real, that it is torture, and that anyone who denies that is scum.

Just a side note, guards, on the average, are a lot worse than cops. They have lower requirements to get hired, receive less training, and have better unions. If you actually work in prison like you claim you would know this.

Well, if you did time, you certainly know more about it than I care to know. Yea, I do actually work in a prison. I don't agree on the unions but I do know that outside world cops get more training.

Try it for 30 years.

Fuck that. 30 days was a bitch. But I also realize what defines solitary confinement varies from institution to institution.

Last night I watched a documentary about Russian prisons and that was bad. What we have here, not so much.

I know, it could be a lot worse, that is not an excuse to ignore how bad it actually is.

I just don't think it's that bad outside of possible isolated incidents. I knew LOTS of people that spent endless hours in the law library working on endless schemes and lawsuits.

I just don't think it's that bad outside of possible isolated incidents. I knew LOTS of people that spent endless hours in the law library working on endless schemes and lawsuits.

There are prisons where every single inmate is in isolation for his entire sentence. The government gets away with this by citing security issues.

So first they take this veteran and put him in solitary confinement:

Stop Solitary - Mental Health Resources | American Civil Liberties Union

Then, as expected, when someone tries to commit suicide in solitary confinement, they torture him:

» 1984?s Room 101: ?VIDEO from US prison shows inmate held down, pepper sprayed at close range? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Don't think this is an isolated incident, I'm discovering that many young men, mostly in prison for victimless crimes (drug possession) are tortured routinely and converted into REAL criminals once they are released.

God bless Admiralty Jurisdiction!

As one who works in one every day, I don't buy it. I mean sure it happens, and you bet your right when you say victimless criminals get locked up and come out the worse for it. But torture on a grand scale? All I know is that where I work, if any of us use excessive force, we're finished and pretty much fired on the spot. Our state doesn't want law suits.

Yep. I worked PD for 8 years, and brutality in the jail and on the street is so rare and isolated. But, the media hypes it and convinces everyone that it happens daily in every city. And cop or jail officer who commits brutality is almost guaranteed to be fired and likely prosecuted. Especially in modern times, past 20 years, etc.

But of course, someone will find a story that "proves" the torture is daily or that corrupt officers dont get prosecuted.

If people compared the cops and jails in America to those in the rest of the world, they'd wonder why we're so SOFT.

There are prisons where every single inmate is in isolation for his entire sentence. The government gets away with this by citing security issues.

I can only speak for Ohio where our prison population is getting younger and more gang affiliated. When I started there wasn't many problems because the older guys "took care of business" in the pods. We now have a bunch of lock down pods because of these young wanna bes think they're the shit and only attack when the numbers are greatly in their favor. Their number one goal is to disrupt anything and everything and our joint got a lot more violent when they brought those young assholes in. They cause a huge security issue and have ruined it for everyone.

I assume youre referring to the new super max prisons. I dunno quantum. When people act like viscous animals they have to be restrained accordingly to protecteveryone involved. There were some mean motherfuckers in the prison I was in that were always in the hole. Within one or two days of being released they would be right back after attacking guards or other inmates.

The state I was in before you started your time you went to a full lockdown facility for 30 days to be evaluated. Then your destination was chosen. I went to maximum security at Hutchinson which had one cell block out of the 4 main ones that was nothing but solitary.

Those supermax prisons are not the first stop for those in them. Most of them end up there because of what they did in traditional prisons. Sorry friend but I have no sympathy for those there.

I assume youre referring to the new super max prisons. I dunno quantum. When people act like viscous animals they have to be restrained accordingly to protecteveryone involved. There were some mean motherfuckers in the prison I was in that were always in the hole. Within one or two days of being released they would be right back after attacking guards or other inmates.

The state I was in before you started your time you went to a full lockdown facility for 30 days to be evaluated. Then your destination was chosen. I went to maximum security at Hutchinson which had one cell block out of the 4 main ones that was nothing but solitary.

Those supermax prisons are not the first stop for those in them. Most of them end up there because of what they did in traditional prisons. Sorry friend but I have no sympathy for those there.

Is that Hutchinson Kansas? I have a friend who just moved there (city, not prison). I agree Pops. Just like in the "free world" there are some impossible people who simply cannot cope. These kiddie gangs? If every motherfucker in our prison went after them - and we all turned our heads for an hour - I'd bet we might see a whole new attitude. The old cons - what few we have left - don't want to get involved and fuck their bit up. I can't say I blame them. They're vastly outnumbered. BUT, there are enough dudes who just want to be left alone that if they organized, they could stomp those pussy gangs out.

Yes in Kansas. It was called KSIR when I did my time but has since been renamed. It sucked. Built in the 1800's and still had the stone whipping pillars in the yard when I was there. Worst part was NO CENTRAL AIR. God it was horrible in the summer heat and humidity.

Changed my life though.

Yes in Kansas. It was called KSIR when I did my time but has since been renamed. It sucked. Built in the 1800's and still had the stone whipping pillars in the yard when I was there. Worst part was NO CENTRAL AIR. God it was horrible in the summer heat and humidity.

Changed my life though.

Sounds like something out of a John Grisham novel. Hum, I'm trying to call him today and I'll ask if he's seen it. We have the old castle like prison that was shut down in 1990 when the bullshit "crackdown on crime" started and the new one where I work is just down the hill - and 7 years later another one was added behind the old castle. I have had students who did time in the old one and they said it was miserable. I took the tour since now it is a museum and it's been used for a few movies, most famously Shawshank Redemption. Biggest free standing cell block in North America.

Changed my life though.

Sounds like something out of a John Grisham novel. Hum, I'm trying to call him today and I'll ask if he's seen it. We have the old castle like prison that was shut down in 1990 when the bullshit "crackdown on crime" started and the new one where I work is just down the hill - and 7 years later another one was added behind the old castle. I have had students who did time in the old one and they said it was miserable. I took the tour since now it is a museum and it's been used for a few movies, most famously Shawshank Redemption. Biggest free standing cell block in North America.

He can't miss it. It's huge. And it sounds like the one in your town. Old as dirt and built out of rocks and stone. If anything the heat was torture lol. They gave us buckets of ice to put behind our fans to help keep the heat at bay.

Yea, that sure must be on the same structure-1800's concept ours was built since it was completed in 1888 I think. Now they say it's haunted and give ghost tours and turned it into a museum. In fact, they renovated the chow hall and rent it out to banquets and wedding receptions and so on. Jesus, I went down one of those cell blocks and can't believe they would put two swinging dick in one of those cells! Size of a shitty fuckin' spare bathroom and 6 floors deep mind you. I don't know how you did it.

images

Mansfield%20Reformatory.bmp

Well I had no choice really. Honestly I don't see how anyone could work there. It's the most depressing environment I can think of.

I think by then I was somewhat institutionalized since my entire youth was spent in similar places. As a typical con I found god and some purpose. I have since thought better of the whole god thing but sometimes thwre just isn't anything else to cling to and losing your sanity isn't an option.

I still can't grasp the torture part though. I just dont see how it could be any worse than what I endured without actual physical torture being involved. Don't want to gotothe hole dont be a heinous criminal. Pretty simple really

Assuming you were on the floor how dis you internalize some of the things you saw? I would think being a normal citizen and then being subjected to that atmosphere would cause you some issues.

Forum List

Back