Acting IRS Commissioner Miller resigns -Full panic mode continues

jon_berzerk

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2013
soon he will be sharing a cell with the jailed youtube artist

--LOL

President Barack Obama announced on Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew requested and accepted the resignation of the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, Steven Miller, following the agency's admission that agents improperly singled out conservative non-profits for additional reviews during the 2012 election.

"I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency, but especially in the IRS," Obama said at the White House. "Given the power that it has, and the reach that it has in all of our lives. And as I said earlier, it should not matter what political stripe you're from, the fact of the matter is that the IRS has to operate with absolute integrity.

IRS Acting Commissioner Resigns After Targeting Scandal | TPM LiveWire

Right, he resigned effective in June when his term is up anyways. Can you say just more marketing and theater from the Maobama regime.

yeah another demonstration of what a joke

the president has become

Quite the opposite.

Only you folks are so blind with partisan rage that you can't see a hand well played when it smacks you in the forehead.

I'm kinda glad for that.

:eusa_whistle:

so obama has a saturday night firing....so nixonesque.

Yeah, lol :lol: Obama fired his arse - according to news sources. Unfortunately this administration is about as wacked as Nixon's too. We need a break from the Dem/GOP Siamese twins. Someone please start another major Party (that can win elections)!

Heads ought to roll in this case.

I know a Conservative who was audited this year (got a letter from the irs) for the first time in his life, and he's a geezer. His accountant/tax preparer doesn't know why as everything was in line and proper. Fishy to me, definitely.

I know a Conservative who was audited this year (got a letter from the irs) for the first time in his life, and he's a geezer. His accountant/tax preparer doesn't know why as everything was in line and proper. Fishy to me, definitely.

Well...the IRS does randomly check people.

Not many, that is true, but some people are audited randomly.

Not every act is overtly political.

I registered as a democrat almost 50 years ago. It has been most difficult to actually BE one. But I've never changed my party because living in TN where primaries are open, it wasn't really necessary. This year, I took the standard deduction. But last year, I had so many medical bills, I had a lot that I could use to itemize and got a hefty refund. Really glad I kept party affiliation where it has always been. Really sad to have the need to feel that way.

Well...the IRS does randomly check people.

Not many, that is true, but some people are audited randomly.

Not every act is overtly political.

Friends I have who have been audited tell me the one thing they learned from the process is that the IRS is not looking for the person who made a $50 mistake. They are after the BIG cheaters. Last year my overpayment was so high due to the medical deductions, I got back about 3 times what I normally do. They lopped $500 off, said they would tell me the reason, but never did. I really wanted to know, but I didn't have the energy to challenge them so I said nothing. Still got back a lot more than usual. This year, I did as usual and took the standard deduction. It's really hard to nab somene in an audit who does that. I pay a lot of taxes, and really don't have anything I can claim and, honestly, I feel very fortunate. My life could be a lot worse.

Right, he resigned effective in June when his term is up anyways. Can you say just more marketing and theater from the Maobama regime.

yeah another demonstration of what a joke

the president has become

Quite the opposite.

Only you folks are so blind with partisan rage that you can't see a hand well played when it smacks you in the forehead.

I'm kinda glad for that.

:eusa_whistle:

Well played for a snake oil salesman. The guy had only been the temp commissioner for 6 months and wasn't the primary one responsible for this fiasco, I hope the load your dear leader tasted good because it appears you gladly swallowed.

soon he will be sharing a cell with the jailed youtube artist

--LOL

President Barack Obama announced on Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew requested and accepted the resignation of the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, Steven Miller, following the agency's admission that agents improperly singled out conservative non-profits for additional reviews during the 2012 election.

"I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency, but especially in the IRS," Obama said at the White House. "Given the power that it has, and the reach that it has in all of our lives. And as I said earlier, it should not matter what political stripe you're from, the fact of the matter is that the IRS has to operate with absolute integrity.

IRS Acting Commissioner Resigns After Targeting Scandal | TPM LiveWire

Getting boring at tommy and Lula's fun house?:eek:

who will resign next? Sargaent Schultz?

it turned out to be

Joseph Grant

the acting commissioner of the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division

As second top Internal Revenue Service official has announced plans to leave the agency amid the controversy over the targeting of tea party groups.

An internal IRS memo says Joseph Grant, commissioner of the agency’s tax exempt and government entities division, will retire June 3. Grant joins Steven Miller, who was forced to resign as acting IRS commissioner on Wednesday.

As part of his duties, Grant oversaw the IRS division that targeted tea party groups for additional scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status.

IRS memo: 2nd top agency official announces plans to leave amid tea party controversy - 5/16/2013 3:53:41 PM | Newser

They need to go after the ones who resigned, put them in jail, and see how long it takes for them to start singing. Nothing in this administration is done without Obama's approval. He is a dictator and that's how dictators operate.

Forum List

Back