Activist judge should be disbarred

I'll play devils "avocado ".

They had sex at age 12 and 18 maybe 19. Definitely statutory rape . But they may have had a relationship. It was also 9 years ago ? Who knows what relationship mom dad and kid have had in that time . They were probably still in each other's lives .

The fact they share custody implies the kid knows the dad and he's not some stranger.

The prosecutor really blew it back when he was charged .

From what I read, she was 12 and was taken against her wishes and raped. Apparently, there was no relationship.

But that's according to her, and her account is clearly biased.

And they didn't share custody until this ruling.

Yeah. She probably finally got sick of him. The guys a perv , I agree .

But if the kid has been visiting wh "daddy " for 9 years now, you going to tell jr. He can never see dad again ?
He never even knew he had a child until this case. Do you not get it? He hasn't seen her since he kidnapped & raped her.

What's wrong with you?

I didn't read that in the story . I'm guessing cause the only way it makes sense is if dad had a relationship wh kid already .

The part about having to name dad to get welfare is also suspect . All those programs have exemptions for domestic violence .
I was in prison when my oldest daughter was born. She was given my name because I agreed with my ex-wife to raise her as my own despite her not being mine (obviously)
During my sentence my ex got aid and medical benefits for the baby. About 6 months after I got out the state took me to court for reimbursement of all that money. I was given two choices. Agree to pay the money or the state would persue the real father and he would then be given rights as a result.

The government doesn't give a damn about what's in the best interest of the child if there is money on the line.

You can call the story suspect all you want because it doesn't fit the box you have in your head. I know it to be true because I've lived it first hand.

Well since you "adopted " the kid you are on the hook. You can't have it both ways, on one hand you are the legal father , but then don't want any financial responsibility?

I re read the story . I didn't see anything about them never having contact .

I bet my guess is closer to the reality of the situation.

She left the state and lived with relatives and worked jobs to take care of her child. There was no contact with the dad. The child had no contact with the father. She moved down to Florida. The court ordered her to come back to Michigan. Yes, if you seek state aid they will hunt down the dad. Unless you live in Texas where they will take your money simply because the mom says you're the dad.. We saw that a couple of years ago.

There are states where a pedophile maintains rights over his own children. So, the child or children can be with their dad by law.

This is how jacked up it can get. We know that children are molested by someone that they already know. So..........sex offenders can legally have their own children around them? Yet, they are registered and cannot be around any other children.

Mind blowing shit right there.

Her attorney was a born from a rape incident.

But if the kid has been visiting wh "daddy " for 9 years now, you going to tell jr. He can never see dad again ?
He never even knew he had a child until this case. Do you not get it? He hasn't seen her since he kidnapped & raped her.

What's wrong with you?

I didn't read that in the story . I'm guessing cause the only way it makes sense is if dad had a relationship wh kid already .

The part about having to name dad to get welfare is also suspect . All those programs have exemptions for domestic violence .
I was in prison when my oldest daughter was born. She was given my name because I agreed with my ex-wife to raise her as my own despite her not being mine (obviously)
During my sentence my ex got aid and medical benefits for the baby. About 6 months after I got out the state took me to court for reimbursement of all that money. I was given two choices. Agree to pay the money or the state would persue the real father and he would then be given rights as a result.

The government doesn't give a damn about what's in the best interest of the child if there is money on the line.

You can call the story suspect all you want because it doesn't fit the box you have in your head. I know it to be true because I've lived it first hand.

Well since you "adopted " the kid you are on the hook. You can't have it both ways, on one hand you are the legal father , but then don't want any financial responsibility?

Your guess is irrelevant. The story is well more than what's contained in ONE LINK.
Stick your head in the sand and remain ignorant or search for the truth and expand your knowledge.

Or just continue making up your own narrative.

Matters not to me.

I have some experience in Mass family courts . That stuff wouldn't fly .

But every state is different.

What's wrong with you?

She left the state and lived with relatives and worked jobs to take care of her child. There was no contact with the dad. The child had no contact with the father. She moved down to Florida. The court ordered her to come back to Michigan. Yes, if you seek state aid they will hunt down the dad. Unless you live in Texas where they will take your money simply because the mom says you're the dad.. We saw that a couple of years ago.

There are states where a pedophile maintains rights over his own children. So, the child or children can be with their dad by law.

This is how jacked up it can get. We know that children are molested by someone that they already know. So..........sex offenders can legally have their own children around them? Yet, they are registered and cannot be around any other children.

Well then there were some major screw ups. Especially forcing her to go forward on a paternity when any welfare office would exempt her .

What's wrong with you?

Well then there were some major screw ups. Especially forcing her to go forward on a paternity when any welfare office would exempt her .

Yeah, the prosecutor said the mom signed off on finding him and the mom said she didn't. Although, she very well could have signed something and not known what it meant.........legaleaze. But, her attorney said that didn't happen.
The victim's attorney, Rebecca Kiessling, said a "consent judgment of filiation" was prepared by the family support division and entered by the court without the mother's consent.
A Sanilac County judge has issued a stay on an order that would give a convicted rapist joint custody of a child conceived during the rape.
Michigan judge issues stay on order giving joint custody to convicted rapist

They have court on the 25th.

You will more than likely find that child support is a completely different department from your local welfare office and that is all they do. The people that are the front line of a welfare office collect the information and determine if someone is qualified for food stamps etc.

How can you have shared custody with parents who haven't spoke in years ?

It's spelled out in court orders or set out by the states as "guidelines". Usually parents can muster up enough to convey simple information if necessary.

They had sex at age 12 and 18 maybe 19. Definitely statutory rape . But they may have had a relationship. It was also 9 years ago ? Who knows what relationship mom dad and kid have had in that time . They were probably still in each other's lives .

The fact they share custody implies the kid knows the dad and he's not some stranger.

Read the article- it implies no such thing.

What's wrong with you?

Actually I believe your story- makes sense that the state would pursue reimbursement for child support that was not paid.

Bottom line- your daughter is your daughter- regardless of the DNA- you got to be a father- not the other guy.

Do you regret having to pay for your daughter?

What's wrong with you?

Actually I believe your story- makes sense that the state would pursue reimbursement for child support that was not paid.

Bottom line- your daughter is your daughter- regardless of the DNA- you got to be a father- not the other guy.

Hell no but at the time it was a devastating financial blow having just got out of prison.

What's wrong with you?

Hell no but at the time it was a devastating financial blow having just got out of prison.

Of course- and I didn't mean to downplay that- and by the way- congratulations on being a good dad.

Lawyer: Man not seeking custody of child conceived in rape of 12-year-old

This woman was rapped THREE TIMES. Once by the man and twice by the courts.

Where in the article you cited do you get 'activist judge'?

Sounds like the prosecutor's office screwed up- and didn't inform the judge that the father had raped the mother.
I got that out of news reports here in town. It was talked about at length

Okay- still waiting to hear why this is 'activist judge'- not in the article you cited- what made this the judges fault?

Sounds like the prosecutor's office screwed up- and didn't inform the judge that the father had raped the mother.

Okay- still waiting to hear why this is 'activist judge'- not in the article you cited- what made this the judges fault?
That's the way our local news presented it. I created this thread while it was being discussed and I don't remember the specifics today. Needless to say she was mistreated at every turn imo.

That's the way our local news presented it. I created this thread while it was being discussed and I don't remember the specifics today. Needless to say she was mistreated at every turn imo.

Absolutely she was mistreated. Just facts matter- you haven't provided anything that suggests the judge acted improperly but the article you cited does portray the prosecution as screwing up. Sounds like they are your legitimate target.

Again- based upon the facts you presented us.

Forum List

Back