🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress

“Somebody keeps on yelling, ‘Executive order.’ Well, I’m going to actually pause on this issue because a lot of people have been saying this lately on every problem, which is, just sign an executive order, and we can pretty much do anything and basically nullify Congress,” the president said — immediately drawing approving applause from his audience.

“Wait, wait, wait, before everybody starts clapping — that’s not how it works,” Mr. Obama said. “We got this Constitution. We got this whole thing about separation of powers and branches

Words. We've already learned that he doesn't mean many of the words he says. "If you like your insurnace, you can keep your insurance. Period." Ignoring enforcement of key pieces of his signature legislation that aren't convenient at the moment. This far into the relationship and you're still believing he'll respect you in the morning? Really? Could I interest you in a bridge?

On the contrary, we've learn that he also means many of the word he says too. "If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will". I'm pretty sure he understands the limits of EO's even if the Activist in your OP do not. The quote was from the Times article as well.

OK, so the far right has given up that somehow executive orders are illegal.

“Somebody keeps on yelling, ‘Executive order.’ Well, I’m going to actually pause on this issue because a lot of people have been saying this lately on every problem, which is, just sign an executive order, and we can pretty much do anything and basically nullify Congress,” the president said — immediately drawing approving applause from his audience.

“Wait, wait, wait, before everybody starts clapping — that’s not how it works,” Mr. Obama said. “We got this Constitution. We got this whole thing about separation of powers and branches

Words. We've already learned that he doesn't mean many of the words he says. "If you like your insurnace, you can keep your insurance. Period." Ignoring enforcement of key pieces of his signature legislation that aren't convenient at the moment. This far into the relationship and you're still believing he'll respect you in the morning? Really? Could I interest you in a bridge?

On the contrary, we've learn that he also means many of the word he says too. "If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will". I'm pretty sure he understands the limits of EO's even if the Activist in your OP do not. The quote was from the Times article as well.

My bitch isn't about the activists. Activists are activists. They often have an emotional passion that makes them throw reason out the window. My beef is with Congressmen who know better. They seem not to understand the limits of EO's.

"President Obama’s repeated use of presidential powers is causing a tough problem — his own supporters now expect him to use it to achieve everything they want.

From immigration to the minimum wage, Congressional Democrats and liberal activists this week urged Mr. Obama to declare an end run around Capitol Hill, assert executive authority and make as much progress as he can on the expansive agenda he laid out for his second term........."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Every Congressional Democrat willing to lay down on the job and cede power to the President should have a recall election and be fired.
You don't care that Trump's doing this today though huh? Interesting.

"President Obama’s repeated use of presidential powers is causing a tough problem — his own supporters now expect him to use it to achieve everything they want.

From immigration to the minimum wage, Congressional Democrats and liberal activists this week urged Mr. Obama to declare an end run around Capitol Hill, assert executive authority and make as much progress as he can on the expansive agenda he laid out for his second term........."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Every Congressional Democrat willing to lay down on the job and cede power to the President should have a recall election and be fired.
You don't care that Trump's doing this today though huh? Interesting.
Damn stalking leg humper. Down booboo, down!

Forum List

Back