🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress

There are a lot of hacks who appear to think the Constitution was ratified on January 19, 2009 and that Obama has been violating the ever living shit out of it since.

It is the only explanation for their total ignorance of the fact he is exercising the exact same tools of Executive power his predecessors did.

You mean like all those far left drones that said the same about GWB?

“

“Wait, wait, wait, before everybody starts clapping — that’s not how it works,” Mr. Obama said. “We got this Constitution. We got this whole thing about separation of powers and branches.”

And then after He read that line off the TelePrompter he was careful to observe the stage direction that followed:

NOW DON'T LET 'EM SEE YOU LAUGHING!

Nah, I see it more like that situation McCain had to deal with when the nutters were crying "terrorist" and "traitor" at campaign rallies.

There are a lot of hacks who appear to think the Constitution was ratified on January 19, 2009 and that Obama has been violating the ever living shit out of it since.

It is the only explanation for their total ignorance of the fact he is exercising the exact same tools of Executive power his predecessors did.

Google "ratified".

Google "end run around Congress".

You, too. Let's get you on record what this "end run around Congress" is or will be.

Go ahead.

"President Obama’s repeated use of presidential powers is causing a tough problem — his own supporters now expect him to use it to achieve everything they want.

From immigration to the minimum wage, Congressional Democrats and liberal activists this week urged Mr. Obama to declare an end run around Capitol Hill, assert executive authority and make as much progress as he can on the expansive agenda he laid out for his second term........."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Every Congressional Democrat willing to lay down on the job and cede power to the President should have a recall election and be fired.

Better he go home....

It's a popular phrase, "end run around Congress".

Bush Treasury attempts end run around Congress

During the 2008 campaign, Obama accused Bush of doing an "end run around Congress" with signing statements.

A funny thing, though. No one has shown any of these "end runs around Congress" are actually illegal.

It's just a lot of partisan hackery. Smoke up your ass.

Google "ratified" before further making an ass of yourself.

And no, I'm not going to do your homework for you. You'd learn nothing from it.

I used the term correctly.

I see you are too chickenshit to go on record as to what the nature of this Obama "end run around Congress" will be. A dead giveaway you inhaled the smoke up your ass.

If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, or rewrites regulation he is authorized to do so by law, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress".

The left did not like it when Bush was president, so we should not be surprised that the right is not happy with Obama doing it either.

RUBE: Oh, look! The President just beefed up a regulation he is entirely authorized by law to change!

PARTISAN HACK: No, no, no. You don't say it like that! You say it like this: "He is making an end run around Congress!"

RUBE: Oh, look! The President has just issued an Executive Order to the Justice Department to start cracking down harder on a particular crime!

PARTISAN HACK: No, no, no. You don't say it like that! You say it like this: "He is making an end run around Congress!"

RUBE: Is this the first time a President has ever done these things?

PARTISAN HACK: Who told you to point that out?

KOSHBOT: He must be a left wing drone...derp!

Last edited:
If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, or rewrites regulation he is authorized to do so by law, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress".

The left did not like it when Bush was president, so we should not be surprised that the right is not happy with Obama doing it either.

Exactly.

RUBE: Oh, look! The President just beefed up a regulation he is entirely authorized by law to change!

RUBE: Oh, look! The President has just issued an Executive Order to the Justice Department to start cracking down harder on a particular crime!

PARTISAN HACK: Who told you to point that out? You must be a left wing drone...derp!

What the fuck is wrong with you? I mean seriously... you yammer on and fucking on with seldom a cogent thought peeping through. You defend all things Obama one minute and the next you're to the right of Barry Goldwater.

Is a med problem or are you just crazy?

I just Googled "going rogue". The new definition is, "Using the exact same tools as one's predecessors to achieve one's goals without violating the law."

PARTISAN HACK: Who told you to point that out? You must be a left wing drone...derp!

What the fuck is wrong with you? I mean seriously... you yammer on and fucking on with seldom a cogent thought peeping through. You defend all things Obama one minute and the next you're to the right of Barry Goldwater.

Hey! I like Goldwater!

I just like to chop idiotic thinking and manufactured bullshit to shreds, that's all. :lol:

I'm not defending Obama. I am thinking critically and asking people to apply the same to their idiotic parroting of bogus memes. :D

Obama is not going to be brought down by hacks such as we see here.

Last edited:

I'd point out that neither the RUBE, the PARTISAN HACK, nor the President was identified and it could easily be a conversation between either side (well, far left or far right anyway).

A universal observation on the wingers in America.

“Somebody keeps on yelling, ‘Executive order.’ Well, I’m going to actually pause on this issue because a lot of people have been saying this lately on every problem, which is, just sign an executive order, and we can pretty much do anything and basically nullify Congress,” the president said — immediately drawing approving applause from his audience.

“Wait, wait, wait, before everybody starts clapping — that’s not how it works,” Mr. Obama said. “We got this Constitution. We got this whole thing about separation of powers and branches

Words. We've already learned that he doesn't mean many of the words he says. "If you like your insurnace, you can keep your insurance. Period." Ignoring enforcement of key pieces of his signature legislation that aren't convenient at the moment. This far into the relationship and you're still believing he'll respect you in the morning? Really? Could I interest you in a bridge?

I just want to make sure I understand where the bar is set now.

If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, or rewrites regulation he is authorized to do so by law, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress". And that carries with it all kinds of implications about violating the Constitution, even if it actually doesn't.

Is that right?

This should be excrutiating fun for the hypocrites when we apply this new rule of thumb retroactively!

Perhaps you didn't read the article. A dozen Democrat lawmakers actually urged the President to do an end run around Congress........as in bypass their own selves. Not issue executive orders, do an end run around Congress. WTF were they elected to do? Sit with their thumb up their ass and tell the President to do whatever the hell he wants? The fact that you or any American is OK with this is alarming. Next stop is Venezuela where their president is dictating that the electronic stores must sell their wares at a 70% discount and is this week setting the price for automobiles. These dozen lawmakers who just abdicated their responsibility should currently have their phones and computers melting down from angry constituents.

Please tell us what exactly an "end run around Congress" is so we can all have a laugh.

Go ahead. Not kidding. Let's get you on record as to what you think it really means.

What I believe it to be isn't the issue. It's that we have actual, honest to God, elected Democratic Congressmen urging the President to "do an end run around Congress". The question is, what the hell do they mean by it? Wht the hell is their function? Rubber stamp yes men or representing thei constituents. Do you really want to defend their words and actions? Go ahead. Not kidding. Let's get you on the record as to you being fine with Congressmen telling the Presidnet to "do and end run" around them.

Forum List

Back