Adam Lanza's Attack Took Less Than 5 Minutes

Then you must have some stats that clearly show all the murders that have been prevented by anti-gun legislation.

Go ahead.

Yeah, like when the gun nuts on this board were supporting NBC reporting that "there were no assault weapons found inside the school"? You jerks ate that up like Gospel.
Now NBC "doctors" the news......Ha.

An assault weapon is distinguished by its ability to switch from semi-automatic fire to rapid fire (burst or full auto). Lanza's firearms were semi auto only and therefore "there were no assault weapons found inside the school".

Sucks to be you I guess...:razz:

Semantics don't change a damn thing. Its assholes like you the make it possible for things like this to happen:

STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Emergency Services &
Public Protection
Connecticut State Police
Public Information Office
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457

860-685-8230
DESPP.Feedback
Reuben Bradford
Commissioner Colonel Danny R. Stebbins
Deputy Commissioner
Division of State Police
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2013

** UPDATE **

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.

Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round magazine

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

The shooter used the Bushmaster .223 to murder 20 children and six adults inside the school; he used a handgun to take his own life inside the school. No other weapons were used in this crime. This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance
Semantics mean everything when exposing the paranoid hyperbole, and outright lies of idiotic libprogs like you.

Those laws don't stop these kinds of crimes. They don't even put a dent in them.

You advertise the vulnerability of children in "gun free zones" aka "schools" is like ringing the dinner bell for all the nutjobs in the world. They will flock to mow down our children...and in fact, they already are.

And the progressives will never do a thing to protect children. That's just not who they are. Children are a commodity to them, and right now, they labor under the misapprehension that there are too many, anyway. So you will never find them supporting any legislation regarding chldren safety/rights unless it is legislation that VIOLATES the rights of children to be protected, and unless it will REDUCE the number of children.

LOL! I thought liberals were bleeding heart liberals who were overprotective? Of course, that conservative argument is used when it suits conservatives who are pushing a different agenda at a different time...which is probably opposed by liberals.

Yeah, those bad, Bad, BAD liberals of yesteryear. Remember them? They interfered in the FREEDOM of businessmen and pushed to pass child labor laws and other such legislation which actually split up those happy mothers and their children working together in factories. Real family values stuff.

the article comes from nbc

with the history of doctoring the news

i will wait to see how this plays out

the nra says they dont have any such records

:lol:

NBC doesn't have a history of "doctoring" the News. Far from it.

And the NRA has a history of having crazies at it's helm.

So you don't remember NBC editing the George Zimmerman 911 call or MSNBC which is a part of NBC editing a Rick Perry speech to imply he was making a racist comment about Obama or Andrea Mitchell's editing of Mitt Romney's Wa-Wa comment and of course the Sandy Hook editing where Martin Bashir claimed the father of one of the victims was being heckled? In fact I remember NBC dateline being caught rigging fuel tanks to explode for a story they were doing on poor fuel tank designs about GM on some of their trucks.
Actually, it was the fuel tanks of Ford Explorers they were rigging, if i remember correctly.

Some people may decide not not commit murder because they go to jail; clearly, the threat of going to jail does not -prevent- murder as people still commit it.
Bullshit. It prevents murders. It does not prevent ALL murders. There is a HUGE difference.
You're using the word "prevent" too loosely.

How the heck would else would you use is. Prevent means to ‘Keep (something) from happening or arising.’ By that definition, it is the exact word to use. There is no other word that fits that scenario. I don’t really see why you are fighting its use so hard other than to not admit that laws prevent some crimes form occurring.

Name another word that fits better. It’s not full proof. It is not a wall. It does not stop a crime in progress or someone that has already decided to commit one but it does, in the three ways mentioned, prevent crimes.

All this complaining over one word is detracting from the main point though – anti gun legislation

:lol:

NBC doesn't have a history of "doctoring" the News. Far from it.

And the NRA has a history of having crazies at it's helm.

So you don't remember NBC editing the George Zimmerman 911 call or MSNBC which is a part of NBC editing a Rick Perry speech to imply he was making a racist comment about Obama or Andrea Mitchell's editing of Mitt Romney's Wa-Wa comment and of course the Sandy Hook editing where Martin Bashir claimed the father of one of the victims was being heckled? In fact I remember NBC dateline being caught rigging fuel tanks to explode for a story they were doing on poor fuel tank designs about GM on some of their trucks.
Actually, it was the fuel tanks of Ford Explorers they were rigging, if i remember correctly.
Remember this?

[ame=http://youtu.be/UYKQJ4-N7LI]MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race. - YouTube[/ame]

Bullshit. It prevents murders. It does not prevent ALL murders. There is a HUGE difference.

How the heck would else would you use is. Prevent means to ‘Keep (something) from happening or arising.’ By that definition, it is the exact word to use. There is no other word that fits that scenario. I don’t really see why you are fighting its use so hard other than to not admit that laws prevent some crimes form occurring.

Name another word that fits better. It’s not full proof. It is not a wall. It does not stop a crime in progress or someone that has already decided to commit one but it does, in the three ways mentioned, prevent crimes.

All this complaining over one word is detracting from the main point though – anti gun legislation
Not one single law prevents a crime from occurring. At best, it deters some people by the consequences if they are caught. If someone is intent on breaking a law, the consequences usually do not enter into the mind of the lawbreaker. Particularly if this person is thinking about killing someone. The time for prevention has long passed by the time they are holding a weapon, unless you are speaking of shooting him or her before he or she attacks an innocent.

Prevention is gun control, which equals never having to reload.

How the heck would else would you use is.
Make (someone or something) unable to do something: "window locks won't prevent a burglary".

This is different than, say, deterrence, where you provide an incentine to not choose a certain course of action. Laws against crime may very well deter soemone from comitting a crime but they cannot prevent them from doing so if they so choose.

The point is that crime-related legislation does nothing to make people unable to commit crime; it creates a basis for action against those who do commit it. The entire (false) premise behind background checks, etc, is the idea that legislation against crime can prevent crime.

Last edited:
Remember this?

[ame=http://youtu.be/UYKQJ4-N7LI]MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race. - YouTube[/ame]
Absolutely!

It's one of the most disgusting examples of typical liberal dishonesty ever exposed.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes

Adam Lanza left a home stuffed with weaponry and carried out the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a 154-bullet barrage that took less than five minutes, investigators said Thursday in the first detailed account of his surroundings and troubled state of mind.

Authorities also recovered a certificate in Lanza’s name from the National Rifle Association, seven of his journals, drawings that he made and books from the house, including books on living with mental illness.

At the school, Lanza fired the 154 rounds from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle and the final bullet from a Glock 10mm handgun to take his own life, said Stephen Sedensky, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting. Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them.

Among school shootings in the United States, the death toll from Newtown is second only to the 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in 2007.

Do any of you gun supporters see anything upsetting about this??? People like this Adam Lanza have to be stopped.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes - Open Channel

This is going to sound callous as hell, and I don't mean it to (RIP those beautiful souls) however, when you ave a classroom filled with babies huddled together, panicked, terrified - I'm surprised it took the creep that long.

Again - God bless those babies. I took notice of the fact that you failed to point out that neighbors claimed that he sat in his room 22 out of 24 hours a day playing call of duty.

monstrous things happen in this world. Always have and always will. Charles Whitman picked off nearly 30 people in Texas back in the 60s with a third of the firepower that this nut bag had. Again, when we begin to hold the "Mental Health Professionals" responsible for not putting these sick SOBs in nut houses where they belong, these killings will not stop, not matter how damn many "laws" you liberals pass to soothe your souls.

Last edited:
Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes

Adam Lanza left a home stuffed with weaponry and carried out the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a 154-bullet barrage that took less than five minutes, investigators said Thursday in the first detailed account of his surroundings and troubled state of mind.

Authorities also recovered a certificate in Lanza’s name from the National Rifle Association, seven of his journals, drawings that he made and books from the house, including books on living with mental illness.

At the school, Lanza fired the 154 rounds from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle and the final bullet from a Glock 10mm handgun to take his own life, said Stephen Sedensky, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting. Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them.

Among school shootings in the United States, the death toll from Newtown is second only to the 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in 2007.

Do any of you gun supporters see anything upsetting about this??? People like this Adam Lanza have to be stopped.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes - Open Channel

This is going to sound callous as hell, and I don't mean it to (RIP those beautiful souls) however, when you ave a classroom filled with babies huddled together, panicked, terrified - I'm surprised it took the creep that long.

Again - God bless those babies.

monstrous things happen in this world. Always have and always will. Charles Whitman picked off nearly 30 people in Texas back in the 60s with a third of the firepower that this nut bag had. Again, when we begin to hold the "Mental Health Professionals" responsible for not putting these sick SOBs in nut houses where they belong, these killings will not stop, not matter how damn many "laws" you liberals pass to soothe your souls.

Don't sweat it anti gunners are worse they like using them as pawns.

Again - God bless those babies. I took notice of the fact that you failed to point out that neighbors claimed that he sat in his room 22 out of 24 hours a day playing call of duty.

And, let's not forget that a group of crazy, determined whackjobs hijacked 4 planes, rammed them into 3 buildings and an empty field, killing more than 3000 people, and the weapons used were motivation, intimidation, fear, and BOX CUTTERS.

And to think, a bomb could have taken just a few seconds............

Adam was denied a purchase from what I recall, so he had to kill his mother to take hers.

He's what I don't get about you bed wetters.

Lets say there were no guns in the house. Lets say he slashed his mothers throat and she bled to death. Then he calls a cop with some simple call, so that only one officer needs to show up. The he ambushes the cop, kills him... by dropping something heavy on him from a second story window. The method is irrelevant because killing people is mechanically easy. Then he gets the AR15 out of the cop's trunk and kills a bunch of kids.

Would that make you bed wetters feel any better?

How about if he killed them with a bomb, poison gas, a machete or whatever other brutal way a sociopath can come up with.

IT IS ILLEGAL TO KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acquiring a gun illegally is no deterent, to someone who wants to violate the most serious laws of God and man.

Both of these are true; Lanza could have done either of these, and the list of methods surely doesn't stop there.

But that's not the point -- the point is, why would he want to? Aye, there's the rub.
Answer: because we are a culture that celebrates death and guns, every opportunity we get. Television, movies, books, games, internet message boards, the NRA, foreign policy, even religion. And that's why he chose not only the action but the method. If we were a culture that celebrated death and poisoning, then we'd be talking about a poisoning episode at Sandy Hook.

the article comes from nbc

with the history of doctoring the news

Yeah, like when the gun nuts on this board were supporting NBC reporting that "there were no assault weapons found inside the school"? You jerks ate that up like Gospel.

An assault weapon is distinguished by its ability to switch from semi-automatic fire to rapid fire (burst or full auto). Lanza's firearms were semi auto only and therefore "there were no assault weapons found inside the school".

An odd (and desperate) revision for the crowd who kept insisting "there's no such thing as an assault weapon". Now all of a sudden there is. I can't keep up. :dunno:

An odd (and desperate) revision for the crowd who kept insisting "there's no such thing as an assault weapon". Now all of a sudden there is. I can't keep up. :dunno:
If you can't keep up you really don't need to post.

Forum List

Back