After every shooting, gun grabbers call for Assault weapons ban, magazine capacity restrictions. Wrong answer.

But Colorado is a gun grabbers dream and Marjorie Taylor Greene points out that Colorado has everything the left has asked for...
• Universal Background Checks
• Red Flag gun seizure laws
• "Hi-capacity" magazine bans
• A passing gun-control grade from
@GiffordsCourage
And it still didn't stop a thug like Ahmad Al-Issa from murdering Americans.

Not to mention, the shooter was already on the radar for trying to go to Syria last year, as well as his social media postings.
What social media postings?

But Colorado is a gun grabbers dream and Marjorie Taylor Greene points out that Colorado has everything the left has asked for...
• Universal Background Checks
• Red Flag gun seizure laws
• "Hi-capacity" magazine bans
• A passing gun-control grade from
@GiffordsCourage
And it still didn't stop a thug like Ahmad Al-Issa from murdering Americans.

Not to mention, the shooter was already on the radar for trying to go to Syria last year, as well as his social media postings.
What social media postings?

The ones that have all been taken down by now.

After every mass shooting we hear gov officials call for assault weapons ban , and magazine capacity restrictions. When what we need is more mental health facilities.Don't, blame the inanimate object, blame the mentally I'll person that gave life to the weapon.!!.
How about blaming the party that turned the crazies loose on society???

Destinys Choice - America Is: Closing of Mental Institutions : democrats Feel Better Now (freedomsfreefall.blogspot.com)

You are probably the last person who would want the mentally ill locked up.
Just trying to make sense of the argument here..........................they believe that people should not be on the streeet for safety reasons but, but, but once they are on the street they should be allowed to own machine guns. Have I missed something ?

You just said what we need are more mental hospitals and less gun control. Okay, the problem is, you'd have to do some kind of mental testing to determine who ends up in the loony bin. So that's really not the argument here.

The argument is, what's more practical in a society where 18% suffer from some kind of mental illness. Locking everyone up, or making it a little harder for the crazies to get guns.
No, I didn't say that- you have your posters mixed up- who goes to the "loony bin"? Really? We can start with people, like yourself, who make fun of others where they have NO clue about another persons situation- so, whether you like it or not, yes it is THE argument- or, you can volunteer to be first in line, and I'll make the decision-

"A" problem with your desire is the subjective nature of your desire- you desire to control people with whatever you desire to control with- be it legitimate or rhetorical coercion- and, you want others to enFORCE it for you- and, you want everyone to pay for it- you, and people like you, who refuse to think through (hell, think period) also refuse to acknowledge the results of unintended consequences. You also seem to forget, the gov't's job is to secure our Liberty, not restrict it- read the pre-amble to the constitution- and, had you had a proper education we wouldn't even be having this conversation, never mind pointing out what a comma is used for. Public Education is "a" PROBLEM- and your responses/reaction are evidence- wanting/desiring and turning those wants and desires into law is THE problem- law, by definition is to punish- when it's used to placate, unintended consequences are never considered- not to mention, next time, when someone else demands/desires something you don't want/desire/like/approve of they are entitled to tell you to pound sand and laugh at you, and ask; how's it feel, being in the loony bin?

After every mass shooting we hear gov officials call for assault weapons ban , and magazine capacity restrictions. When what we need is more mental health facilities.Don't, blame the inanimate object, blame the mentally I'll person that gave life to the weapon.!!.

Not restricting access to the powerful murder weapon of choice to that person is the problem
20K gun laws you goddamn liar

You can start by questioning yourself- and ask yourself if you trust someone you don't trust to administer the test-

Yeah, for some reason, someone who picks an avi of someone pointing a gun at people is probably a taco short of a combination platter.

shall not be infringed- what escapes you about that? What makes you judge and executioner? What right are you claiming?

Well-Regulated Militia. What escapes you about that.

What you're saying, in essence is, thought policing is okay with you- are you crazy? By my definition you are. Can I give you the test?

You just said what we need are more mental hospitals and less gun control. Okay, the problem is, you'd have to do some kind of mental testing to determine who ends up in the loony bin. So that's really not the argument here.

The argument is, what's more practical in a society where 18% suffer from some kind of mental illness. Locking everyone up, or making it a little harder for the crazies to get guns.
"well regulated militia"
I dont think you know what that means. Of course, this isnt a surprise. You are one of the more ignorant posters of the forum.

People often don't develop things like Schizophrenia until their late teens, more significantly into early 20s.
These people can buy guns before any/or significant obvious mental illness.
The reasons they are mentally ill or just angry don't really matter and cannot be stopped.
Only the vehicle/guns can.
`

Enough is Enough! Thoughts and Prayers aren't getting anything solved!

The real problem was, it was a fruitcake with a gun who woke up and decided to kill a lot of people that day. No politics, just insanity.
Again.......................and again and again and again and again.

No, I didn't say that- you have your posters mixed up- who goes to the "loony bin"? Really? We can start with people, like yourself, who make fun of others where they have NO clue about another persons situation- so, whether you like it or not, yes it is THE argument- or, you can volunteer to be first in line, and I'll make the decision-

I could care less about your 'situation". You just haven't given me a compelling reason why you need a gun. You aren't a soldier, you aren't a policeman. You don't need a gun. You WANT a gun. The question being, is it a good idea for you to have one. The rest of your crazy rant almost sounds like what you'd hear from that guy who shot Gabby Giffords over imaginary currency.

"A" problem with your desire is the subjective nature of your desire- you desire to control people with whatever you desire to control with- be it legitimate or rhetorical coercion- and, you want others to enFORCE it for you- and, you want everyone to pay for it- you, and people like you, who refuse to think through (hell, think period) also refuse to acknowledge the results of unintended consequences.

Actually, I've given it quite a lot of thought. We have too many guns, and it's too easy for people who shouldn't have guns to get them. Every time we have a mass shooting, like the ones in Boulder and Atlanta, we find out two things. 1) Everyone in the shooter's life knew he was nuts and 2) it was still much too easy for him to get a gun.

You also seem to forget, the gov't's job is to secure our Liberty, not restrict it- read the pre-amble to the constitution- and, had you had a proper education we wouldn't even be having this conversation, never mind pointing out what a comma is used for.

1) I'm a professional writer... I get paid for my writing.
2) I'm not a product of Public Schools. More like Catholic schools 50 years ago.
3) The problem is, my "liberty" is already restricted in that the rest of society has to work around your gun fetish. We've decided that we would rather put metal detectors in our schools than require people to prove they aren't crazy before we give them a gun. We have police who shoot suspects on a regular basis because they might have a gun.

Public Education is "a" PROBLEM- and your responses/reaction are evidence- wanting/desiring and turning those wants and desires into law is THE problem- law, by definition is to punish- when it's used to placate, unintended consequences are never considered- not to mention, next time, when someone else demands/desires something you don't want/desire/like/approve of they are entitled to tell you to pound sand and laugh at you, and ask; how's it feel, being in the loony bin?

Actually, I'm perfectly willing to meet you guys halfway. While I'd have no problem with a TOTAL gun ban like every other civilized country, I'm willing to go halfway and say, "Yes, you can have a gun, after we have assurances you aren't going to go out on a shooting rampage tomorrow."

Not restricting access to the powerful murder weapon of choice to that person is the problem
but you dont dare lock up dangerous people...thats not nice

Enough is Enough! Thoughts and Prayers aren't getting anything solved!

The real problem was, it was a fruitcake with a gun who woke up and decided to kill a lot of people that day. No politics, just insanity.
Again.......................and again and again and again and again.
sometimes masturbation takes time

I don't disagree but I have to note that it seems to me that gun control opponents also oppose expanding healthcare to all. Are you willing to pay for more mental health facilities?
its not like our government doesnt already spends mega trillions on healthcare

I could care less about your 'situation". You just haven't given me a compelling reason why you need a gun. You aren't a soldier, you aren't a policeman. You don't need a gun. You WANT a gun. The question being, is it a good idea for you to have one. The rest of your crazy rant almost sounds like what you'd hear from that guy who shot Gabby Giffords over imaginary currency.

"A" problem with your desire is the subjective nature of your desire- you desire to control people with whatever you desire to control with- be it legitimate or rhetorical coercion- and, you want others to enFORCE it for you- and, you want everyone to pay for it- you, and people like you, who refuse to think through (hell, think period) also refuse to acknowledge the results of unintended consequences.

Actually, I've given it quite a lot of thought. We have too many guns, and it's too easy for people who shouldn't have guns to get them. Every time we have a mass shooting, like the ones in Boulder and Atlanta, we find out two things. 1) Everyone in the shooter's life knew he was nuts and 2) it was still much too easy for him to get a gun.

You also seem to forget, the gov't's job is to secure our Liberty, not restrict it- read the pre-amble to the constitution- and, had you had a proper education we wouldn't even be having this conversation, never mind pointing out what a comma is used for.

1) I'm a professional writer... I get paid for my writing.
2) I'm not a product of Public Schools. More like Catholic schools 50 years ago.
3) The problem is, my "liberty" is already restricted in that the rest of society has to work around your gun fetish. We've decided that we would rather put metal detectors in our schools than require people to prove they aren't crazy before we give them a gun. We have police who shoot suspects on a regular basis because they might have a gun.

Public Education is "a" PROBLEM- and your responses/reaction are evidence- wanting/desiring and turning those wants and desires into law is THE problem- law, by definition is to punish- when it's used to placate, unintended consequences are never considered- not to mention, next time, when someone else demands/desires something you don't want/desire/like/approve of they are entitled to tell you to pound sand and laugh at you, and ask; how's it feel, being in the loony bin?

Actually, I'm perfectly willing to meet you guys halfway. While I'd have no problem with a TOTAL gun ban like every other civilized country, I'm willing to go halfway and say, "Yes, you can have a gun, after we have assurances you aren't going to go out on a shooting rampage tomorrow."
obesity kills many more americans than guns...why arent democrats wanting to ban food??????

You can start by questioning yourself- and ask yourself if you trust someone you don't trust to administer the test-

Yeah, for some reason, someone who picks an avi of someone pointing a gun at people is probably a taco short of a combination platter.

shall not be infringed- what escapes you about that? What makes you judge and executioner? What right are you claiming?

Well-Regulated Militia. What escapes you about that.

What you're saying, in essence is, thought policing is okay with you- are you crazy? By my definition you are. Can I give you the test?

but what if big brother decides to castrate all black men....would be a helluva easier if none of them had guns

My question is how do these nut jobs get weapons? Frankly to me all people that have weapons are paranoid nut jobs.

Kyrboards cause misspellings - ban keyboards.

1616638645813.png

My question is how do these nut jobs get weapons? Frankly to me all people that have weapons are paranoid nut jobs.

Ah, the other side of the fruitcake coin.

Forum List

Back