AGW Promoter Wants Thousands of White Middle Class People to Die

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This pretty much sums up the belief system of the True AGW-Climate Change Believers. They really do hate people...especially white, middle class ones.

Part of being a science communicator is hoping a natural disaster kills as many members of the audience as possible, as soon as possible, with as much media exposure as possible. As a communicator myself, I’d like nothing better than for thousands of middle-class white people to die in an extreme weather event—preferably one with global warming’s fingerprints on it—live on cable news. Tomorrow.

The hardest thing about communicating the deadliness of the climate problem is that it isn’t killing anyone. And just between us, let’s be honest: the average member of the public is a bit (how can I put it politely?) of a moron. It’s all well and good for the science to tell us global warming is a bigger threat than Fascism was, but Joe Q. Flyover doesn’t understand science. He wants evidence.

So we’ve probably reached the limits of what science communication can achieve. At this point only nature herself can close the consensus gap—or the fear gap.

Cognitive scientist C. R. R. Kampen thinks the annihilation of a city of 150,000 people might just provide the teaching moment we need:

You see, consensus is so often only reached after a painful confrontation with evidence.

Knowing this, I hope against knowledge of her expected track that Cyclone Ita will wipe Cairns off the map. Because the sooner the lesson is learnt by early confrontation, the better one more population will be suited to anticipate and mitigate the vast weather and climate (+ related) disasters that lie in the immediate future and to lose all distractions on the way....

http://climatenuremberg.com/2014/04...-wishing-death-on-people-without-losing-them/

An interesting thought. What makes you think his desire is shared by anyone? And what makes you think that this is worse than the outcome we'll suffer if we all follow your advice?

This pretty much sums up the belief system of the True AGW-Climate Change Believers. They really do hate people...especially white, middle class ones.

Part of being a science communicator is hoping a natural disaster kills as many members of the audience as possible, as soon as possible, with as much media exposure as possible. As a communicator myself, I’d like nothing better than for thousands of middle-class white people to die in an extreme weather event—preferably one with global warming’s fingerprints on it—live on cable news. Tomorrow.

The hardest thing about communicating the deadliness of the climate problem is that it isn’t killing anyone. And just between us, let’s be honest: the average member of the public is a bit (how can I put it politely?) of a moron. It’s all well and good for the science to tell us global warming is a bigger threat than Fascism was, but Joe Q. Flyover doesn’t understand science. He wants evidence.

So we’ve probably reached the limits of what science communication can achieve. At this point only nature herself can close the consensus gap—or the fear gap.

Cognitive scientist C. R. R. Kampen thinks the annihilation of a city of 150,000 people might just provide the teaching moment we need:

You see, consensus is so often only reached after a painful confrontation with evidence.

Knowing this, I hope against knowledge of her expected track that Cyclone Ita will wipe Cairns off the map. Because the sooner the lesson is learnt by early confrontation, the better one more population will be suited to anticipate and mitigate the vast weather and climate (+ related) disasters that lie in the immediate future and to lose all distractions on the way....

Communication Dilemmas #1: Wishing Death on People Without Losing Them | CLIMATE NUREMBERG

lol...Dr. Kampen participates on an internet forum I visit. He's not only a genius, he's funny as hell.

Oh. This? He was flaming a troll. lol...

UPDATE: Dr Kampen defends himself?and you | CLIMATE NUREMBERG

More...

(Let me dispel, right up front, a common and perhaps forgivable misinterpretation of this family of argument: no, Dr Kampen doesn’t mean to suggest the destruction of a single city would be sufficient. That’s just a silly strawman. As a scientist himself, Kampen is acutely aware that a single data point, such as the deletion of Cairns, would not even be attributable to man-made global warming with any confidence—let alone would it prove the planet was worse off, taking all metrics into account, under BAU. What we’re talking about here is a possibility which, with luck, would start a conversation on climate action, not end one.)

I love this guy...he's like the real Sheldon Cooper.:D

Last edited:
So how does one start an earthquake?

Thousands of Americans who own manufacturing plants driven out of business by Obama regime overregulation and well insured want to know!

From the comments at the link Howey provided..

I’m not psychologist [ as if that mattered ;) ] but I think it’s the same for Dr Kampen, it’s not that he wants people to actually die (he probably couldn’t care less), its the “ideation of the prospect” that gives him the perverted sexual satisfaction he craves. I think this “ideation of megadeaths” in the climate debate deserves more study, perhaps Lewandowsky or some journalism student may fancy a go.

A "cognitive scientist" must be a Psychologist who is tired of being mocked by folks in REAL science fields. And a cognitive scientist ought to recognize fantasy and fetishes before they come out their mouths. Troll or no troll --- This is the what it is feeding the Global Warming circus. And undercurrent of wishes for mankind to quit screwing up the planet.. And the fantasies attached to that desire..

Sheldon Cooper would recognize where this exercise belongs..

A communicator seems about as useful as a community organizer.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

I’m not psychologist [ as if that mattered ;) ] but I think it’s the same for Dr Kampen, it’s not that he wants people to actually die (he probably couldn’t care less), its the “ideation of the prospect” that gives him the perverted sexual satisfaction he craves. I think this “ideation of megadeaths” in the climate debate deserves more study, perhaps Lewandowsky or some journalism student may fancy a go.

A "cognitive scientist" must be a Psychologist who is tired of being mocked by folks in REAL science fields. And a cognitive scientist ought to recognize fantasy and fetishes before they come out their mouths. Troll or no troll --- This is the what it is feeding the Global Warming circus. And undercurrent of wishes for mankind to quit screwing up the planet.. And the fantasies attached to that desire..

From Dr Kampen's own comments, the purpose of his piece about losing Cairn was not sexual satisfaction, it was to encourage people like you to make precisely the sort of comments you just made.

Most of these bozo's think the planet is more important than a human life.......standard thinking among these jerkoffs. These people wish for tragic weather events.......its so fucked up. These people are so dangerous......the tragic view for everything in life. They have to be hysterical 24/7......about something. And this thinking that human activity is causing earthquakes.......talk about profound levels of mental disconnect. Its fascinating.

Last edited:
These people are so dangerous.

And you are so stupid. I highly suggest all of you visit the links in Post #2 from Howey before inserting your feet even further down your collective throats. Not that you aren't fun to watch.

Last edited:

And you are so stupid. I highly suggest all of you visit the links in Post #2 from Howey before inserting your feet even further down your collective throats. Not that you aren't fun to watch.

That's right......Im the stupid one here. Things is, if you and your nutty-ass contingent got your way, we'd all be riding our bikes to work, communicating by morse code and living with 70% tax rates. Yep......Im certainly the asshole here!!:D

No one with a three-digit IQ actually believes that this guy wants 150 thousand people to die in a cataclysmic event resulting from "climate change."

He is simply frustrated that the people of the world don't jump on this bandwagon, based on what he considers to be incontrovertible evidence of coming catastrophe.

But whether he likes it or not, the people who oppose him don't have to be anti-scientific "deniers." For me, I buy much of the science, but...

(1) I'll be dead before anything bad happens. And until then a couple degrees of warming suits me fine.

(2) No matter what the First World does to reduce its emissions of greenhouse gases, China, India, and various countries in Africa are going to continue building (mainly) coal-fired power plants, and demanding gasoline powered vehicles. Anything we do to cut greenhouse gas emissions will be made meaningless by what's going on in the rest of the world.

(3) The main proponents of drastic measures to stem the tide of greenhouse gas emissions are people and factions that are anti-industry, anti-progress, and support one-world government - whether they admit it publicly or not. This "coincidence" is not lost of the rest of us. They cannot be believed.

(4) Ninety percent of the problems will be resolved by man-made measures to deal with things like higher sea levels, modified growing seasons, and so forth. Look what they are doing in Venice as an example of the measures that will be taken.

(5) Anyone over 50 remembers that not so long ago, climate scientists were warning us about the coming ice age. And they told us they were smarter about such things than ever before. And we believed them.

More...

(Let me dispel, right up front, a common and perhaps forgivable misinterpretation of this family of argument: no, Dr Kampen doesn’t mean to suggest the destruction of a single city would be sufficient. That’s just a silly strawman. As a scientist himself, Kampen is acutely aware that a single data point, such as the deletion of Cairns, would not even be attributable to man-made global warming with any confidence—let alone would it prove the planet was worse off, taking all metrics into account, under BAU. What we’re talking about here is a possibility which, with luck, would start a conversation on climate action, not end one.)

I love this guy...he's like the real Sheldon Cooper.:D

Except Sheldon (were he a real person) is an actual scientist. Nothing about this clown makes me think of him as a genius, (and yes, I have known a couple). He just strikes me as an elitist blowhard playing to his sycophants.

No, skooks isn't an extremist. But, ALL extremists are stupid because they are so narrow minded nothing can get in....that's the definition of stupid.

Code:

From Dr Kampen's own comments, the purpose of his piece about losing Cairn was not sexual satisfaction, it was to encourage people like you to make precisely the sort of comments you just made.

So you are saying hes not a communicator, but mere instigater and baiter. OK.. Ill buy that. He serves no purpose then.

Code:

So you are saying hes not a communicator, but mere instigater and baiter. OK.. Ill buy that. He serves no purpose then.

Yep, genius' don't waste their time playing games like that. They are far too interested in the real world. Interesting to know what these silly people thinks is genius though.....no wonder they are so easily duped.

Forum List

Back