AIDS patient zero is a hero, the gay man who pointed out HIV, a villain

It's likely that HIV was around before "patient zero", the infamous airline steward. Looking back through patient records it appears that it was around a few times earlier when no one had a name for it.

But I understand your point.

There were a couple cases, I think some danish doctor, a woman, died of it in the late 1970s. But how it started spreading, rapidly, was chronicled by Randy Shilts. He's hated for it. He was hated while he was still al ive, because he said gay bathhouses should be closed to slow the spread of AIDS. He got death threats and gays would spit on in him.

There were a couple cases, I think some danish doctor, a woman, died of it in the late 1970s. But how it started spreading, rapidly, was chronicled by Randy Shilts. He's hated for it. He was hated while he was still al ive, because he said gay bathhouses should be closed to slow the spread of AIDS. He got death threats and gays would spit on in him.

All true. Even as their gay brothers were dying right in front of them, their activist leaders were organizing them against closing bath houses, or campaigns to stop wanton unprotected sex.

It's sad liberals put political correctness and feeling good about themselves as more important than saving lives. Apparently you are a "hater" for not wanting gays to get HIV.

The reality of it all is that just like most of the activist movements in this country, such as the NAACP, or the NOW, or Code Pink, aren't really for anything else but promoting progressive politicians and the progressive agenda. Such was the case back then when gay men were dying left and right, and we had Ronald Reagan as POTUS. The gay leaders would not stop resisting efforts to contr the spread of disease simply because it hurt their agenda. They didn't really get on board with the medical community until Clinton won the WH.

So many men died needlessly to fit the agenda.

I wonder how many women Magic Johnson killed with HIV because he infected them and they couldn't afford the drugs he could afford that have kept him alive.

All true. Even as their gay brothers were dying right in front of them, their activist leaders were organizing them against closing bath houses, or campaigns to stop wanton unprotected sex.

Just as heroin addicts would organize against closing shooting galleries even while their fellow addict brothers were dying right in front of them. Mental addiction doesn't like its substance of choice being denied to it.

So does anyone really have any hard proof (pun intended) that some queer fornicated with a monkey and then another queer hence the HIV? I just wanted to get that out of the way because it's sure to come up.

No OP to explain what you are getting at AS PER USUAL, so I will just comment on the link and say that I agree that NO ONE should be prosecuted for assault, attempted murder or anything else when it was not possible to harm someone in the first place.

If a person actually has sex without protection and they can PROVE that they did not know that their partner was HIV positive, than yes, that should be a crime.

The judicial system has become a tool of jilted ex-lovers to exact revenge.

So does anyone really have any hard proof (pun intended) that some queer fornicated with a monkey and then another queer hence the HIV? I just wanted to get that out of the way because it's sure to come up.

HIV is very similar to SIV which was found in green monkeys. They were often killed for food.

All SIVs and HIVs have a common ancestor, added senior author Michael Worobey, a UA assistant professor of ecology and evolutionary biology.

The new work suggests African green monkeys' SIVs, or SIVagm, may have lost their virulence more recently than the millions of years previously thought. Green monkeys almost never get sick from SIVagm. If SIVagm was once a monkey killer, the change in its virulence may shed light on the future course and timing of the evolution of HIV.

The new research also challenges the idea that one ancient SIV was transmitted vertically, down through time, and evolved into many SIVs as its original host diverged into many different species.

Clues To Future Evolution Of HIV Come From African Green Monkeys -- ScienceDaily

Humans will eventually become immune to HIV.

Last edited:

HIV is very similar to SIV which was found in green monkeys. They were often killed for food.

All SIVs and HIVs have a common ancestor, added senior author Michael Worobey, a UA assistant professor of ecology and evolutionary biology.

The new work suggests African green monkeys' SIVs, or SIVagm, may have lost their virulence more recently than the millions of years previously thought. Green monkeys almost never get sick from SIVagm. If SIVagm was once a monkey killer, the change in its virulence may shed light on the future course and timing of the evolution of HIV.

The new research also challenges the idea that one ancient SIV was transmitted vertically, down through time, and evolved into many SIVs as its original host diverged into many different species.

Clues To Future Evolution Of HIV Come From African Green Monkeys -- ScienceDaily

No. Because HIV is primarily a disease of gay men it would not develop an immunity to pass to the next generation. There isn't a next generation. With very few exceptions gay men do not reproduce.

No. Because HIV is primarily a disease of gay men it would not develop an immunity to pass to the next generation. There isn't a next generation. With very few exceptions gay men do not reproduce.

Dude, you don't have a fucking clue.

Think about that for a minute....

Last edited:

In spite of your best efforts, you almost have a point here.

We can talk all we want about "patient zero" but that does not address the real origin of the disease.

But the virus does.

DUH.

Humans eventually become immune to all viruses. The most "elegant" last longer but, in spite of we do or don't do, all viruses have a life and a death.

And yes, that includes polio, for example.

Humans eventually become immune to all viruses. The most "elegant" last longer but, in spite of we do or don't do, all viruses have a life and a death.

And yes, that includes polio, for example.

Correct, we understand also, that humans can develop a natural immunity to the virus, which has been observed already from prostitutes who have been repeatedly exposed to low doses of HIV.

Forum List

Back