Airline employee steals jet and crashes......1 dead.........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Last night, it seems that some idiot decided to steal a passenger plane and fly it around for an hour before crashing it onto an island. The only good thing is that it crashed away from people, and the only person that was killed was the person who stole the plane.

Wow.......................in this day and age of terrorists, you would think that the security would be better around the aircraft. Good thing this guy didn't think of doing something like crashing into the Space Needle or downtown Seattle. Could have taken out a whole bunch of people, but thank goodness, he didn't.

I wonder why nobody else started a thread on this? This is important news and we should find out where the security holes were so that it doesn't happen again.

'Suicidal' airline employee who stole plane from SeaTac Airport had bizarre conversation with air traffic control before crashing

Stolen Plane Crashes After Airline Employee Takes Off From Seattle Airport

Stolen plane in Seattle crash prompts airport security concerns - CNN

And, I posted several different links so that people won't holler out "fake news".

Not only does this event disturb me because of the possibility for lots of life lost on the ground, but another question begs to be asked.........................

Has ISIL seen this? And, if they have, do you think they might try to steal their own airplane?

Another scary fact that came up concerning this event is that the person who stole the aircraft had no formal flight instruction. Maybe he learned from some of those realistic flight simulator games? Not everyone knows what airspeed an aircraft needs to get off the ground. Usually it's around 150 mph.

I bet he'll still vote Democrat in Seattle in November.

Sure................just go for the political rhetoric and don't even bother to discuss the subject of the OP.

I mean, doesn't it disturb you that this person was able to take the plane so easily? And, this also begs the question of how much security is there REALLY when it comes to parked aircraft?

Sure................just go for the political rhetoric and don't even bother to discuss the subject of the OP.

I mean, doesn't it disturb you that this person was able to take the plane so easily? And, this also begs the question of how much security is there REALLY when it comes to parked aircraft?

I don't know how he learned to fly, but he knew what he was doing. You just don't get into a plane like that and execute a decent barrel roll. He obviously knew how to start the engines, set the flaps, do other necessary items to get the plane off the ground. As far as access, he had to have approval to be working around and on aircraft as part of his job.

The news reporters were originally referring to him as a mechanic for Horizon Air but audio between him & the tower seems to indicate that he learned to fly via video games. If you had seen the loop he executed its was pretty impressive.

He also was circling the island where he crashed the plane, the reporters said at least a dozen times before crashing. While the F-15s wanted to force him out over the coastal waters in case he crashed, he also relayed concern to ATC that he was low on fuel and not quite ready to land when they tried to get him to land at Joint Base Lewis/McChord (JBLM)

I don't know how he learned to fly, but he knew what he was doing. You just don't get into a plane like that and execute a decent barrel roll. He obviously knew how to start the engines, set the flaps, do other necessary items to get the plane off the ground. As far as access, he had to have approval to be working around and on aircraft as part of his job.

There are some excellent legitimate flight simulators on the market.

May be my next toy. They've advanced a lot since the last time I used one.

Last night, it seems that some idiot decided to steal a passenger plane and fly it around for an hour before crashing it onto an island. The only good thing is that it crashed away from people, and the only person that was killed was the person who stole the plane.

Wow.......................in this day and age of terrorists, you would think that the security would be better around the aircraft. Good thing this guy didn't think of doing something like crashing into the Space Needle or downtown Seattle. Could have taken out a whole bunch of people, but thank goodness, he didn't.

I wonder why nobody else started a thread on this? This is important news and we should find out where the security holes were so that it doesn't happen again.

'Suicidal' airline employee who stole plane from SeaTac Airport had bizarre conversation with air traffic control before crashing

And, I posted several different links so that people won't holler out "fake news".

Uhm ok but you do know this is the forth thread on this and been all over the news right?

So did the 9-11 hijackers!

Uhm ok but you do know this is the forth thread on this and been all over the news right?

I think he gets up late.

Man Who Stole and Crashed Plane Near Seattle Identified

Richard B. Russell, a ground service agent at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Mr. Russell stole a plane from the airport and flew it for about an hour before it crashed
Bu15JdX.jpg

Very strange.....^^^ the whole thing is very strange.

Oh well....we ARE living in strange times ...:dunno::wink:

strange occurrence my dears....strange ^^^

we don't like the Deep State....we don't like Obama and Clinton leftovers....all that scum....

that's all my friends....

that's all

we like Q !!!:2up:

Forum List

Back