Alex Jones Ordered To Pay $4.1 Million In Compensatory Damages. Punitive Damage Amount To Come Tomorrow. Bad Week For Conservatives Only Gets Worse

$4 million in actual damages to the families

Now they move on to award punitive damages
That is where the big money will be

How will a jury react to someone who mocks the parents of a 6 year old slaughtered by a monster?
Punitive damage awards should never be more than $500,000.

Alex Jones was ordered by a Texas jury to pay $4 million in compensatory damages for defaming Sandy Hook parents Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin.
Just how were these people "harmed" by Jone's opinions and views? What did these parents suffer as a result of some radio/internet jock's opinions that is worth millions of dollars?

On Friday, the jury will discuss the amount of punitive damages, which is designed to punish Jones to prevent further harm.
What will "punitive" damages prevent that 4 million won't? And how is 4.1 million not already punitive?

Said bad words about Sandy Hook, he said it was a hoax.
So how were these parents harmed to the tune of 4 million because of one guy's opinions? This looks like just more of our disparate justice system--- Rules for Thee but not me? Talk about harm, look at how Trump was harmed by the stealing of his election and the incessant unproven claims against him--- when will Trump start suing for 15 billion dollars?

And why just these two parents? Why were they harmed but none of the other Sandy Hook parents? And what were Sandy Hook parents doing listening to Alex Jones in the first place?

So how were these parents harmed to the tune of 4 million because of one guy's opinions? This looks like just more of our disparate justice system--- Rules for Thee but not me? Talk about harm, look at how Trump was harmed by the stealing of his election and the incessant unproven claims against him--- when will Trump start suing for 15 billion dollars?

And why just these two parents? Why were they harmed but none of the other Sandy Hook parents? And what were Sandy Hook parents doing listening to Alex Jones in the first place?
Hold your horses Spruce. The other 20+ parents are next up.

Hold your horses Spruce. The other 20+ parents are next up.

I notice that as usual, you answer none of my questions, obviously because you don't know!

How was any of these parents harmed by Jones, to the tune of MILLIONS of dollars!

I notice that as usual, you answer none of my questions, obviously because you don't know!

How was any of these parents harmed by Jones, to the tune of MILLIONS of dollars!
That's what the trial just layed out.

Pay a -damn-tention!

That's what the trial just layed out.

And yet you still can't say! How did the opinions of some boob on the internet cause harm to one hair on the head of a Sandy Hook parent?

And if THAT is worth millions, then they ought to get BILLIONS of dollars from suing the progs who created the gun free zone policies at Sandy Hook that actually caused the murder of their kids!

Jones made the mistake of airing his free speech opinion that Sandy Hook was a staged incident. The plantiff's attorney said that Jones sent certain text messages, Jones denied he did and even checked his phone but couldn't find any yet they charged him with withholding evidence because, according to the story, Jones' lawyers mistakenly sent copies of Jones' emails to prosecutors. They then got him on lying about the text messages. He was being sued for "defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress"

The big news is the accidental release of the last two years worth of Jones' emails. Let's think of what has happened in the last two years. How about January 6th, 2021? I did hear that there was some "intimate" emails in the bunch concerning Alex Jones. I bet he is sweating is butt off wondering what the J6 committee is going to get.

This could be the smoking gun moments for lots of trump's crimes.

InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was ordered by a Texas jury to pay $4 million in compensatory damages for defaming Sandy Hook parents Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin. The jury in the case was tasked on Thursday with determining compensatory damages for the direct harm the family suffered and awarded a little more than $4 million.

On Friday, the jury will discuss the amount of punitive damages, which is designed to punish Jones to prevent further harm.

Meanwhile, Trump picks went 15-0 primary night. Great week for Trumplicans!

The big news is the accidental release of the last two years worth of Jones' emails. Let's think of what has happened in the last two years. How about January 6th, 2021? I did hear that there was some "intimate" emails in the bunch concerning Alex Jones. I bet he is sweating is butt off wondering what the J6 committee is going to get.

Hey Jim, this thread ain't about Trump but, we understand you want to link all bad doing in the U.S. to your favorite brain squatter.....Trump.

It's been widely reported that he was making upwards of 800K/day peddling that smut, that's a lot of coins, and there ain't no leftwingers or Democrats listing to him.

So what does that tell you?
It tells me that the MAGA IQ does not quite make mid-field. (pre-season football begins)

Jones made the mistake of airing his free speech opinion that Sandy Hook was a staged incident.
So then he really didn't have any free speech? I'm sorry, I just don't follow Jones or care much about ten year old school shootings, but shouldn't the onus be on the SCHOOL and the SHOOTER who actually committed the crimes and allowed them to happen by having nothing in place to protect the kids?

The plantiff's attorney said that Jones sent certain text messages, Jones denied he did and even checked his phone but couldn't find any yet they charged him with withholding evidence because, according to the story, Jones' lawyers mistakenly sent copies of Jones' emails to prosecutors. They then got him on lying about the text messages. He was being sued for "defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress"
Their kids were murdered at school and they are suffering "emotional distress" because some internet jock got some bug up his ass that the SH shootings were made up?

If that is the case then I'm owed several TRILLION dollars for all of the emotional distress caused me over the years, most of it from the state and federal government!

InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was ordered by a Texas jury to pay $4 million in compensatory damages for defaming Sandy Hook parents Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin. The jury in the case was tasked on Thursday with determining compensatory damages for the direct harm the family suffered and awarded a little more than $4 million.

Why do you spend so much time on a court case that has no bearing on anything other than those directly involved in the case? Maybe you haven't noticed but your President Potato is destroying the country, that's a lot more significant.

Dream on, assquack. If anything, those leaked private phone messages will bring a mistrial on appeal, and give Jones the same basis of suing if used by unauthorized third parties as the SH parents are suing for.

Forum List

Back