ALL (Good) Economic News is MEANINGLESS!

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Clearly, the real liberal position is this: "ALL (good) economic news is meaningless!" It doesn't matter what it is or how important it has been viewed in the past, if an economic indicator is showing positive results, liberals will now reach and strain for any excuse to dismiss it or minimize it.

In their ongoing, comical attempt to avoid reality, some liberals have argued that the standard unemployment rate (U-3) and the total unemployed-partially attached rate (U-6) are "meaningless." We even have an active thread titled "The Unemployment Rate is Meaningless"!

The bottom line is that liberals will dismiss or minimize any and all good economic news as long as Trump is president.

Clearly all pseudo-cons believe all good economic news before the Trumpian handslide (reads tiny victory) was fake news, unemployment was over 40%

It is not just limited to economic news. There is NOTHING that President Trump does that isn't immediately attacked by the Media. Add to that the relentless 24/7 search for anything that might bring him down. I have never seen Americans act like this in my lifetime. To see the Media, Hollywood and 40% of America behaving like foreign subversives is truly sad.

Clearly, the real liberal position is this: "ALL (good) economic news is meaningless!" It doesn't matter what it is or how important it has been viewed in the past, if an economic indicator is showing positive results, liberals will now reach and strain for any excuse to dismiss it or minimize it.

In their ongoing, comical attempt to avoid reality, some liberals have argued that the standard unemployment rate (U-3) and the total unemployed-partially attached rate (U-6) are "meaningless." We even have an active thread titled "The Unemployment Rate is Meaningless"!

The bottom line is that liberals will dismiss or minimize any and all good economic news as long as Trump is president.

Seven-million working class Americans continue to work a second and third job to make ends meet.

Twenty percent of working Americans make 20K or less per year.

"Good" seems to have a convoluted meaning to you.

It is not just limited to economic news. There is NOTHING that President Trump does that isn't immediately attacked by the Media. Add to that the relentless 24/7 search for anything that might bring him down. I have never seen Americans act like this in my lifetime. To see the Media, Hollywood and 40% of America behaving like foreign subversives is truly sad.

Seven-million working class Americans continue to work a second and third job to make ends meet.

Twenty percent of working Americans make 20K or less per year.

How has Trump helped in those issues that actually effect YOU?

Sure.

Wingers downplay/avoid/ignore/distort all good stuff that happens when the other guys are in power.

Wingers highlight/maximize/expand/focus on all good stuff that happens when their "side" is in power.

If it's good, it can only be because of "my" side. If it's bad, it can only be because of the "other" side.

Am I not supposed to state the obvious? Is this all a big game, like pro wrestling, some "secret" I'm not supposed to reveal?

Fuckin' silly.

Clearly all pseudo-cons believe all good economic news before the Trumpian handslide (reads tiny victory) was fake news, unemployment was over 40%

HUH???????? The U-6 was in the teens--the TEENS--for much of Obama's recovery. Manufacturing jobs were in the tank. Median household income was flat lined for most of Obama's presidency. He sky-rocketed the deficit and added $7.9 TRILLION to the national debt. Under Obama, we had our first "recovery" that included quarters with *negative* GDP growth. Under Obama, small-business creation entered negative territory for the first time in a long time.

One would think that when it came to money and the economy, liberals would put aside partisan concerns and deal with reality, since we all want to make money and to see the economy get stronger. But, not so, not with today's liberals.

Trump and the Republicans did the same thing when the unemployment rate was going down under Obama. the fact is that the economy was improving under Obama and has continued under trump. Neither Trump or Obama deserve the credit.

HUH???????? The U-6 was in the teens--the TEENS--for much of Obama's recovery. Manufacturing jobs were in the tank. Median household income was flat lined for most of Obama's presidency. He sky-rocketed the deficit and added $7.9 TRILLION to the national debt. Under Obama, we had our first "recovery" that included quarters with *negative* GDP growth. Under Obama, small-business creation entered negative territory for the first time in a long time.

One would think that when it came to money and the economy, liberals would put aside partisan concerns and deal with reality, since we all want to make money and to see the economy get stronger. But, not so, not with today's liberals.

Funny. Ignoring the fact that the new Obama Administration was facing a world economic crash, and focus on the fact that the opposition would oppose everything and fight tooth and nail, use all the dirty trick they had in the bag of dirty tricks,to make his a one term presidency, even at the cost of a slow recovery once the economy turned positive.

Reality is the economy has recovered and continued grow. Liberals know where the bulk of the new profits come from and where they are goiing. We should impeach all Trumpian GOP congressmen in 2018 and 2020. Did I say Impeach, sorry I meant to say vote them out.

Forum List

Back