Allen West: Obama Impeachment Should 'Absolutely' Be On The Table

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

Former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) said he "absolutely" agrees that all options -- including impeachment -- should be on the table for President Barack Obama following a wave of scandals in Washington.

In an interview with Florida-based blog The Shark Tank, West said he agrees with comments made by Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) in January. Radel, speaking out against Obama's executive actions on gun violence, said impeachment should be considered.

“It is one of those times in our history, we are at this breaking point,” Radel said. “We have completely lost our checks and balances in this country, the Congress needs to hold the president accountable for the decisions that he’s making right now, and that why again, I would say that all options should be on the table.”

West said Radel was "absolutely right," and cited the September 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, as reason enough for impeachment.

I was FOR obama 4 years ago. But he didn't do what he said he was going to do. I was NOT for him this go round but he was the lesser of two evils...I thought.
Now? I wish he would just step down or be removed by whatever method impeachment and removal is. He has done enough trampling and plodding his way.

But if he is impeached or removed from office...doesn't that mean Biden will be prez?

Obama has done absolutely NOTHING that even remotely deserves consideration for impeachment. I'm just thankful we don't have Romney.

Former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) said he "absolutely" agrees that all options -- including impeachment -- should be on the table for President Barack Obama following a wave of scandals in Washington.

In an interview with Florida-based blog The Shark Tank, West said he agrees with comments made by Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) in January. Radel, speaking out against Obama's executive actions on gun violence, said impeachment should be considered.

“It is one of those times in our history, we are at this breaking point,” Radel said. “We have completely lost our checks and balances in this country, the Congress needs to hold the president accountable for the decisions that he’s making right now, and that why again, I would say that all options should be on the table.”

West said Radel was "absolutely right," and cited the September 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, as reason enough for impeachment.

I was FOR obama 4 years ago. But he didn't do what he said he was going to do. I was NOT for him this go round but he was the lesser of two evils...I thought.
Now? I wish he would just step down or be removed by whatever method impeachment and removal is. He has done enough trampling and plodding his way.

But if he is impeached or removed from office...doesn't that mean Biden will be prez?

Snag here is one needs evidence of a crime to impeach a president.

That you, West, or anyone else, for that matter, ‘doesn’t like’ Obama is not grounds for impeachment, rendering the Biden question moot.

Obama is very charismatic. Having a beer with him (I would have an ice tea), hanging out with him, etc...I would love to do. I LIKE him. I just think he is in way over his head and there are too many scandals connected to him now. So for our country....I think he is just not the right leader for us at this time. For him personally? I think he's cool. But I know lots of cool people who I would hate to see running the USA.

Obama is very charismatic. Having a beer with him (I would have an ice tea), hanging out with him, etc...I would love to do. I LIKE him. I just think he is in way over his head and there are too many scandals connected to him now. So for our country....I think he is just not the right leader for us at this time. For him personally? I think he's cool. But I know lots of cool people who I would hate to see running the USA.

You are entitled to your opinion - but I think it's extremely naive. Consider what Obama has been up against. For example, just imagine how much better Obamacare could have been if Republicans had helped instead of obstructed.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

I like Obama but I have been disappointed in him several times... but I have been utterly disgusted with congress.

There has to be actual grounds for impeachment and so far there isn't any.

Yeah but we're just getting into thsi. There are numerous areas of possible wrong doing on Obama's part. We are very far from knowing even a surface level of what's going on. As the summer progresses we will see more and more. I could foresee something like this:

The means used to implement this course of conduct or plan included one or more of the following:

making false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

withholding relevant and material evidence or information from lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States and false or misleading testimony in duly instituted judicial and congressional proceedings;

interfering or endeavouring to interfere with the conduct of investigations by the Department of Justice of the United States, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Congressional Committees;

approving, condoning, and acquiescing in, the surreptitious payment of substantial sums of money for the purpose of obtaining the silence or influencing the testimony of witnesses, potential witnesses or individuals who participated in such unlawful entry and other illegal activities;

endeavouring to misuse the Internal Revenue Service, an agency of the United States;

disseminating information received from officers of the Department of Justice of the United States to subjects of investigations conducted by lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States, for the purpose of aiding and assisting such subjects in their attempts to avoid criminal liability;

making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States into believing that a thorough and complete investigation had been conducted with respect to allegations of misconduct on the part of personnel of the executive branch of the United States and personnel of the Committee for the Re-election of the President, and that there was no involvement of such personnel in such misconduct: or

endeavouring to cause prospective defendants, and individuals duly tried and convicted, to expect favoured treatment and consideration in return for their silence or false testimony, or rewarding individuals for their silence or false testimony.

You are entitled to your opinion - but I think it's extremely naive. Consider what Obama has been up against. For example, just imagine how much better Obamacare could have been if p had helped instead of obstructed.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

This says it ALL.

Forum List

Back