Allen West: Obama Impeachment Should 'Absolutely' Be On The Table

Obama is very charismatic. Having a beer with him (I would have an ice tea), hanging out with him, etc...I would love to do. I LIKE him. I just think he is in way over his head and there are too many scandals connected to him now. So for our country....I think he is just not the right leader for us at this time. For him personally? I think he's cool. But I know lots of cool people who I would hate to see running the USA.

You are entitled to your opinion - but I think it's extremely naive. Consider what Obama has been up against. For example, just imagine how much better Obamacare could have been if p had helped instead of obstructed.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

This says it ALL.

Newsflash

They succeeded. Whatever important legislation he wanted to pass in his second term won't. Whatever trust he has with his party is withering away. Without leaving office, he has successfully become a one term president.

Former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) said he "absolutely" agrees that all options -- including impeachment -- should be on the table for President Barack Obama following a wave of scandals in Washington.

In an interview with Florida-based blog The Shark Tank, West said he agrees with comments made by Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) in January. Radel, speaking out against Obama's executive actions on gun violence, said impeachment should be considered.

“It is one of those times in our history, we are at this breaking point,” Radel said. “We have completely lost our checks and balances in this country, the Congress needs to hold the president accountable for the decisions that he’s making right now, and that why again, I would say that all options should be on the table.”

West said Radel was "absolutely right," and cited the September 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, as reason enough for impeachment.
I was FOR obama 4 years ago. But he didn't do what he said he was going to do. I was NOT for him this go round but he was the lesser of two evils...I thought.
Now? I wish he would just step down or be removed by whatever method impeachment and removal is. He has done enough trampling and plodding his way.

But if he is impeached or removed from office...doesn't that mean Biden will be prez?
It is chimera to think that Obama will be impeached. Even if there were ample proof that he was guilty of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors", the effort it would take to have him impeached would take us into his seventh year. On top of that, impeachment does not automatically include removal from office.

Then, on top of all that, you have to get control of the Senate in '14 with enough a majority to carry an impeachment verdict. Democrats won't vote to impeach if Obama ate their grandchildren. Also, there is enough plausible deniability that he is too insulated for an impeachment to even begin.

What we can do is expose his criminal activities (if there are any), pass laws the restrict the power of the Executive so that it doesn't happen again, and be sure that any rewriting of these events is met with criminal prosecution for fraud.

The OP has conveniently forgotten to mention the small matter that in 2012, the American public, in their infinite wisdom, chose to vote Allen West out of office while re-electing President Obama with a sizable majority - despite 8% unemployment!

This was the GOP's election to lose, and our conservative "friends" clearly demonstrated that they couldn't win an election even when the opportunity was dropped into their collective laps.

A frustrated Bobby Jindal didn't refer to the Republicans/Tea Party as the "Stupid Party" for nothing - and I'm sure he had the likes of Allen West near the top of his list when he said it!

Last edited:

Former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) said he "absolutely" agrees that all options -- including impeachment -- should be on the table for President Barack Obama following a wave of scandals in Washington.

In an interview with Florida-based blog The Shark Tank, West said he agrees with comments made by Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) in January. Radel, speaking out against Obama's executive actions on gun violence, said impeachment should be considered.

“It is one of those times in our history, we are at this breaking point,” Radel said. “We have completely lost our checks and balances in this country, the Congress needs to hold the president accountable for the decisions that he’s making right now, and that why again, I would say that all options should be on the table.”

West said Radel was "absolutely right," and cited the September 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, as reason enough for impeachment.

I was FOR obama 4 years ago. But he didn't do what he said he was going to do. I was NOT for him this go round but he was the lesser of two evils...I thought.
Now? I wish he would just step down or be removed by whatever method impeachment and removal is. He has done enough trampling and plodding his way.

But if he is impeached or removed from office...doesn't that mean Biden will be prez?

Snag here is one needs evidence of a crime to impeach a president.

That you, West, or anyone else, for that matter, ‘doesn’t like’ Obama is not grounds for impeachment, rendering the Biden question moot.

Kind of amazing how few people in these here parts seem to understand that little factoid.

Snag here is one needs evidence of a crime to impeach a president.

That you, West, or anyone else, for that matter, ‘doesn’t like’ Obama is not grounds for impeachment, rendering the Biden question moot.

Kind of amazing how few people in these here parts seem to understand that little factoid.
It is amazing how few people in these parts will acknowledge that those facts exist. The only hindrance to impeachment is political. The Democrats, like I said before, wouldn't impeach Obama if he was having illicit sex with their minor daughters.

Do you fall into that category, I wonder?

Can ANYONE provide "credible" PROOF of just ONE thing Obama has done that is Constitutionally IMPEACHABLE? Just ONE...more if ya got 'em...

Can ANYONE provide "credible" PROOF of just ONE thing Obama has done that is Constitutionally IMPEACHABLE? Just ONE...more if ya got 'em...

Dereliction of duty? Declaring war without Congressional approval? Please tell me you aren't that stupid, Lakhota. Can you tell me of ONE thing Obama has done to benefit this country? Name one if you can.

Obamacare doesn't count. Op-eds don't count. Huffington, NYT, Alternet, Mother Jones and MediaMatters don't count. Name it from memory. If you post any of your liberally biased crap, you lose.

Last edited:
Declaring war with whom?
I know cons like McCain want war...he's in Syria trying to start a war now.

Cons have nothing but mouth. Even if Obama did commit an impeachable offense - he's way too smart to get caught. He's playing chess, cons are playing checkers...poorly...

If Obama could be impeached for anything - you can bet your ass the House would proceed. However, without the Senate, Obama could not be removed from office.

In fact, I wish the House would begin impeachment proceedings - before the 2014 elections.

Dereliction of duty? Declaring war without Congressional approval? Please tell me you aren't that stupid, Lakhota. Can you tell me of ONE thing Obama has done to benefit this country? Name one if you can.

Obamacare doesn't count. Op-eds don't count. Huffington, NYT, Alternet, Mother Jones and MediaMatters don't count. Name it from memory. If you post any of your liberally biased crap, you lose.

Where would misleading the American public into supporting a war based on false pretenses (WMD) that resulted in the deaths of 4488 Americans and 32021 wounded, rank on "TemplarKormac's" hit list?

Article 1: 4 Section 3

Clause 6: Trial of Impeachments
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
The Constitution requires a 2/3 majority in the Senate to remove a president - given the current Democratic majority, just where do our conservative "friends" intend to find those votes?

If the economy continues to improve, the "Stupid Party" will be had pressed just to retain their current status in Congress!

Last edited:
Declaring war with whom?
I know cons like McCain want war...he's in Syria trying to start a war now.

Libya? Do you liberals feign ignorance like this on purpose?!
You dodged the question. When did Obama declare war?

mccain in syria - Google Search

Libya. You are refusing to accept the answer, hence, dodging. That old crone McCain and his visit to Syria is irrelevant. Your link and your question do not meld.

How Obama Ignored Congress, and Misled America, on War in Libya - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Please have a seat.

Thank goodness we haven't lowered the bar on impeachment to: Can you political opponents think of anything beneficial that you have done... minus your signature piece of legislation of course. Oh and if you post anything I don't like you lose.

"LIBYA" - are the conservatives so desperate for political "ammunition that they want to impeach this President over "LIBYA" of all things?

Where was "TemplarKormac" when GWB was deceiving the American people into supporting the Iraq War based on the supposed danger of WMD - a totally unnecessary conflict that resulted in the deaths of 4488 US citizens and 32021 wounded - not to mention the deaths of untold innocent Iraqi civilians?

The Republican Party doesn't even have the common decency to hang its head in shame after imposing that catastrophe onto the American public!

Last edited:

Where would misleading the American public into supporting a war based on false pretenses (WMD) that resulted in the deaths of 4488 Americans and 32021 wounded, rank on "TemplarKormac's" hit list?

Article 1: 4 Section 3

Clause 6: Trial of Impeachments
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
The Constitution requires a 2/3 majority in the Senate to remove a president - given the current Democratic majority, just where do our conservative "friends" intend to find those votes?

If the economy continues to improve, the "Stupid Party" will be had pressed just to retain their current status in Congress!

First, don't get self righteous with me. Where does killing 4 American citizens and over 100 children by drone strikes rank on "jgarden's" hit list?

Second, here is a list to wet your macro brain. I copied this to my hard drive last year, the website is, well, not in the cache anymore.

1. President Obama has appointed numerous people to cabinet level positions without the advice and consent of the U.S. Senate, as is required by the Constitution. These individuals are given extraordinary power and independent funding, and are not under the scrutiny of Congress. The fact that Obama calls them Czars does not make them legal. He has also made illegal recess appointments of other members of his cabinet that required Senate approval. He simply declared that the U.S. Senate was in recess despite the fact that no such declaration had been made by the Senate. The President has no Constitutional authority to do this.

2.The push by President Obama to pass healthcare legislation in the Congress of the United States that he was fully aware was unconstitutional. He has continued to use his powers and executive branch of government to implement this legislation despite the fact that a federal judge had declared the entire law unconstitutional, and ordered that it not be implemented. In addition, Obama has directed members of his administration to violate the right to freedom of religion protected by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. (See Obamacare abortion mandate)

3. Despite the fact that the United States Senate refused to pass the Cap and Trade bill, the President has ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to use regulations to implement key portions of the bill, including those regulating so-called greenhouse gases. Obama himself has acknowledged that this will force energy prices in this country to skyrocket. He is taking these actions in direct defiance of the will of the people of the United States, the will of Congress, and the Constitution. The actions of the EPA include regulations that will force many coal burning power plants to close.

4. Through the Department of the Interior (DOI) Obama has placed a moratorium on offshore oil drilling or exploration off both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of the United States and in parts of the Gulf of Mexico. He has also prohibited new drilling exploration on federal land in any states in the United States. These actions by the DOI have continued in direct defiance of several court orders issued by Federal Judge Martin Feldman in New Orleans, Louisiana declaring that the department had no authority to issue such a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. In fact, the Secretary of the Department of the Interior (DOI) has been held in contempt by the same judge. The administration has claimed to be complying, but has tied up the drilling permits in so much red tape that the effect is the same.

5. Instead of allowing American companies to drill for oil domestically, Obama has betrayed the American people and authorized loans of billions of dollars to countries like Brazil and Mexico so that they can drill for oil, and then sell that oil to the United States. This will dramatically increase our dependence on foreign nations including Venezuela, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and even Libya that do not serve the interest of America or the American people.

Obama has also refused to approve the keystone pipeline from Canada to the United States that would not only lessen our dependence on oil from countries like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, but create thousands of new jobs in the United States. The decision on the pipeline is one that belongs in the hands of the members of Congress, not the President.

6. President Obama has abdicated his responsibility to enforce the laws of the United States against illegal immigration. He has virtually declared our southern border an open border by declaring certain areas of federal land in states like Arizona as off-limits to federal, state, and local authorities. This is despite the fact that these areas are being used to bring in thousands of illegal immigrants, massive amounts of drugs, and also being used by foreign terrorists to infiltrate the United States. He has also ordered the border patrol not to arrest most illegal immigrants entering the country, and has stopped deportation proceedings against thousands of people in this country illegally. He is in effect instituting the so-called “dream act” bypassing the Congress of the United States which has sole authority over immigration matters. President Obama has also ordered ICE agents not to arrest illegal immigrants.

7. The President and his Attorney General Eric Holder have clearly violated their oath of office by joining with foreign countries such as Mexico, Bolivia, and Columbia, in lawsuits against the sovereign states of Arizona, Georgia, and Alabama to stop them from enforcing the federal immigration laws.

8. President Obama has ordered the Federal Communications Commission to adopt regulations giving the federal government control of the Internet and its contents, including providing Obama with a kill switch that gives him authority to shut down the Internet if he sees fit. This is in direct violation of a decision by the United States Supreme Court that the FCC has no Constitutional authority to control the Internet.

There were two bills pending in Congress to effectively give Obama the kill switch he wants over the Internet. When these two proposals, the Stop Internet Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) were withdrawn amid public outcry Obama announced he will sign an international treaty that purports to give him the same authority. He has signaled his intention to do this as an “Executive Act” and not bring the treaty to the Senate for ratification as required by Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution. I have reason to believe he intends to take the same action in regard to the United Nations Small Arms Treaty and the UN Law of the Sea treaty that are both unlikely to get Senate approval.

9. One of the paramount responsibilities of the President of the United States and his executive branch of government is to enforce and defend laws adopted by Congress unless they are declared unconstitutional by the United States Supreme Court. Obama has decided that he should ignore this Constitutional mandate, and that as President he is more powerful than either the Congress of the United States or the Supreme Court. He has unilaterally declared that the Defense of Marriage Act passed by the Congress is unconstitutional, and further declared that he will not have the Justice Department defend it against lawsuits.

His administration has also refused to enforce laws against voter intimidation and federal law that requires states to purge their voter registration lists of deceased individuals and those that are registered illegally. In addition, the Justice Department is refusing to allow states to enforce laws requiring proof of identity by voters at the polls. Obama has essentially said that he is the supreme ruler of the United States, and that the Congress and the Federal Judiciary are irrelevant.

10. It has been widely reported that acting through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms the Obama administration was involved for months in getting legitimate and law-abiding gun store owners along our southern border to supply weapons to straw buyers who the government knew would deliver them to the drug cartels in Mexico. This was billed as a sting operation against the cartels when in fact it was designed to produce fraudulent data showing that large numbers of weapons were going from the United States to the Mexican drug dealers.

This data was then to be used, and is being used, to try to justify new gun control regulations to limit the rights of American citizens to keep and bear arms. It has nothing to do with arresting members of the drug operations. The administration has, in effect, armed our enemies, and one border patrol agent has already been killed by one of these weapons. Now, Obama continues to impose gun control laws by Executive order so he will not have to deal with Congress. The administration is also refusing to cooperate with the committees in the House of Representatives that are investigating the entire operation. It is even defying Congressional subpoenas.

11. The President of the United States is not authorized by the Constitution to take our nation to war without the consent of the Congress of the United States. The only exception to this is the authority granted to the President by Congress under the War Powers Act. This law allows the President to take immediate action without the consent of Congress if there is an imminent threat to the security of the United States, or its citizens. Although there was clearly no such imminent threat caused by the Civil War in Libya, the President committed members of the United States military to combat missions in a foreign country without the consent of Congress. He based his authority on a United Nations resolution, and a resolution by the Arab League.

Now, the President has carried it one step further. During testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee on March 7, 2012, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta told Senators that the President has authority to take our country to war without the Congressional approval required by Article 1, Section 8, of the Constitution. The administration is taking the position that it can ignore Congress as long as it has United Nations approval or NATO approval.

However, these actions may be the least of the worries facing the American people. The White House insisted that language be included in the recently passed National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that gives the President sole authority to order the military to arrest and indefinite detain American citizens on U.S. soil if the President suspects them of terrorist ties. This was amazingly passed overwhelmingly by Congress. It appears to be another situation where few members read the bill before voting on it.

This was almost immediately followed by another unconstitutional executive order titled the National Defense Resources Preparation order. It is similar to orders signed by past Presidents, but this one includes language that appears to give Obama the authority to declare martial law in peacetime, and take over the allocation of everything from food and fuel to transportation and health care. This violates the Constitution in a number of different ways.

12. Last but not the least of my dirty dozen of impeachable offenses, is the fact that since taking office the President has used executive orders, laws pushed through Congress in the dark of night, and administrative actions by his departments to nationalize and control automobile manufacturers, banks, insurance companies, and portions of the healthcare industry. This is designed to take our country from a free enterprise economy to a socialist economy. There is absolutely no authority in the Constitution of the United States that allows the President to do this.

Obama's decision to join the attack on Libya rests on a parsing of the War Powers Resolution.

War powers: Did President Obama break the law in ordering the bombing of Libya? - Los Angeles Times

They had set out to decide if the U.S. would intervene in Libya. Then-dictator Muammar Qaddafi was racing across the desert in jeeps and tanks heading for the rebel stronghold of Benghazi, a city of 1.2 million. He had threatened to "cleanse" the country house by house.

Naturally, as Obama's advisors described in the meeting, that meant a massacre.

Before the President goes into a meeting, he is told who will be there, and what they will contribute. It's a road map. In this particular meeting, after each attendee shared something about Libya, Obama would decide if he would do nothing or, as European leaders had proposed, create a no-fly zone over the country.

According to Lewis--and as is Obama's practice when decisions are truly difficult--he went off the road map and asked, "'Would a no-fly zone do anything to stop the scenario we just heard?'

After it became clear that it would not, Obama said, 'I want to hear from some other folks in the room.'"

And so Obama changed the question. It became 'Should we act in Libya?' — the details would come later. The President heard from his speechwriter, who would have to explain Obama's decision to the American people, and an advisor to Joe Biden who had been in attendance at the meeting and served under President Clinton during the Rwandan genocide. Both said they felt intervention was necessary.

Michael Lewis Vanity Fair Profile: How Obama Made The Decision On Libya - Business Insider

Forum List

Back