Amazing stupidity by the Navy.

Seems like that is where most of the confusion/criticism comes around for it, people thinking it is meant to be a blue water combatant.

There are a lot of missions in addition to anti-insurgency including minesweeping, ASW, recon etc. but it's stated mission list includes anti-surface warfare and that is where I feel it is lacking. It was clearly designed to counter smaller swarming type boats but it lacks the ability to hit anything at a range unless you're counting a hellfire from a SH-60 or APKWS from a firescout. One could expect an ASuW encounter even in non-blue water operations to potentially encounter something like an Iranian frigate or corvette that carry antiship cruise missiles and heavier main guns.

I guess if part of it's role is taking over for OHP in deeper water one could point out those aren't heavily armed either.

True or false. you are a lethal multi mission unit with just a 57mm gun and no sensors to accomplish any of your missions? I could sink you with a sampam and a TOW.
False.

Here is ass end of Freedom showing the RAM and two Mk46 30mm gun systems, neither of which is the 57mm. They are also going to be adding Longbow Hellfire to the ASuW pacakge.
image015.jpg

I agree the LCS is undergunned but as usual you incapable of making a point without spouting complete bullshit and exaggeration.

image032.jpg
Wow 2 30mm and a 57......boy thats a lethal combo isnt it.....I still sink you with a sampan and Tow.........

Yeah thats it ..............this shouldnt be partisan issue,,, does it work or not,,,,LCS clearly doesnt.

Dude the development of the LCS has not been partisan.

So... true or false... People once said Aircraft Carriers were stupid.
True or false. you are a lethal multi mission unit with just a 57mm gun and no sensors to accomplish any of your missions? I could sink you with a sampam and a TOW.

TOW tripod or mounted on an assault vehicle??

Wow 2 30mm and a 57......boy thats a lethal combo isnt it.....I still sink you with a sampan and Tow.........
A lethal enough combo to show you're either lying or uninformed about "only a 57" and your sampan comment typical bilge that comes out of your mouth and exactly why nobody takes anything you say seriously.

"destroyer" versus "cruiser" is just a label at this point, would we really be a better navy calling a ship cruiser that isn't any bigger than another one called destroyer? Zumwalt destroyer is 14k tons, much bigger than any other cruiser in decades.

With Only 4 Major Types of Warship Left, Can the U.S. Navy Still Dominate the Seas? (GD, HII)

So the Navy wants just aircraft carriers subs and Destroyers. Great plan. While China builds a new Blue water Navy our navy plans to commit suicide.

By comparison not nearly as stupid as,

Duck and cover... Astonishing video shows U.S. 'ground grunt' guinea pigs taking part in atomic bomb tests in the 1950s... with only trenches to protect them from radiation | Mail Online

They knew the harmful effects of radiation because of the casualties at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But still the Navy put US Marines in harm's way for shits and giggles.

Forum List

Back