Amazon Doesn’t Want to Pay Its Fair Share

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Shameful.

Amazon is flexing its muscles making its opposition known to a proposed Seattle tax by bringing a halt to all planning on a massive project scheduled for construction in Downtown Seattle, and may tweak its plans to occupy a new downtown skyscraper.

“I can confirm that pending the outcome of the head tax vote by City Council, Amazon has paused all construction planning on our Block 18 project in downtown Seattle and is evaluating options to sub-lease all space in our recently leased Rainier Square building,” says Amazon Vice President Drew Herdener.

Amazon fires back at Seattle's proposed head tax, pauses construction projects

But when trump bragged he paid no taxes, you RWNJs applauded.

Can you say double standard?

But when trump bragged he paid no taxes, you RWNJs applauded.

Can you say double standard?
Yes, much like the double standard you are displaying right now. Where is your outrage now that it isnt Trump?

Shameful.

Amazon is flexing its muscles making its opposition known to a proposed Seattle tax by bringing a halt to all planning on a massive project scheduled for construction in Downtown Seattle, and may tweak its plans to occupy a new downtown skyscraper.

“I can confirm that pending the outcome of the head tax vote by City Council, Amazon has paused all construction planning on our Block 18 project in downtown Seattle and is evaluating options to sub-lease all space in our recently leased Rainier Square building,” says Amazon Vice President Drew Herdener.

Amazon fires back at Seattle's proposed head tax, pauses construction projects
/-----/ Well Gee Whiz. No one saw that one coming.
raise money tax corps.png

Migration is picking up speed in the blue wall fast, mostly to violet states nearby or purple states but TN, NC and TX seem to be the preferred Red states. WA is not paying attention.

Migration is picking up speed in the blue wall fast, mostly to violet states nearby or purple states but TN, NC and TX seem to be the preferred Red states. WA is not paying attention.
I know Calif the moving cost for leaving is 3-4X that of going in. Taxpayers are leaving being replaced by low income no tax paying people. Critical mass is rapidly approaching.

Wait until all those business close up shop in Seattle and move to a more business friendly state

Why do you think Amazon is looking for a "second" headquarters? I guarantee it won't be in a high tax, high cost city or state. They have stockholders requiring a return on their investment so of course want to contain costs. Taxes reduce the bottom line, like any other cost, on a one to one basis.

No doubt Amazon is getting calls from Red States offering deals today.
Some idiot Seattle city councilman says he doesn't think businesses will relocate.

I've been ti Seattle it ain't nothin' special.
Calif says the same and have lost billions of revenue as a result as its Grapes of Wrath in reverse now.

You know I'm not Amazons biggest fan, but they are well within their rights to do this. I mean a head tax really $.26 an hour up to $500 annually for each employee within the city limits. I've never heard of a head tax, so does any other place have such a tax?, sounds like gouging to me.

You know I'm not Amazons biggest fan, but they are well within their rights to do this. I mean a head tax really $.26 an hour up to $500 annually for each employee within the city limits. I've never heard of a head tax, so does any other place have such a tax?, sounds like gouging to me.

I have encountered "Occupational Privilege Taxes" and also city wage tax, which is just another income tax on the local level.

It’s the lefts way to keep the poor from getting jobs at good companies.

I know Calif the moving cost for leaving is 3-4X that of going in. Taxpayers are leaving being replaced by low income no tax paying people. Critical mass is rapidly approaching.
/——-/ The only ones who can fix this is the people of California

Forum List

Back