Amazon...what what you will...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
A few months ago our food processor died after only 28 years of good and faithful service to the Gator household. Then yesterday the blender died, much shorter lifespan. My wife ordered a replacement dual use processor/blender from Amazon at 2:30 in the afternoon. This morning at 7am when I took the dog out it was sitting on the doorstep.

Love them or hate them, that is some damn good service. I guess it helps to live within 10 miles of a distribution center.

Lucky

It usually takes 2 days for my stuff to arrive.

But then, I live in the middle of nowhere.

A few months ago our food processor died after only 28 years of good and faithful service to the Gator household. Then yesterday the blender died, much shorter lifespan. My wife ordered a replacement dual use processor/blender from Amazon at 2:30 in the afternoon. This morning at 7am when I took the dog out it was sitting on the doorstep.

Love them or hate them, that is some damn good service. I guess it helps to live within 10 miles of a distribution center.

Yes, just a few days ago, I ordered an obscure book by Mary Shelley, who wrote the novel, Frankenstein. Got it in two days, and it was brand new. Obviously a part of their print on demand books.

KDP publishing can put your own book in that list, and print it and sell it and send you your cut. Much better than the old days of the pay-to-publish vanity press, and much better than an unknown author trying to convince a publisher to take his project.

I don't live near a distribution center and often get deliveries next day. I also get deliveries from them on Sunday. Love me some Amazon.

I am not sure what is so impressive about that if their distribution center is that close.
I know people who have to wait weeks to get their items.

Amazon does a solid job.
But for the money they make - they bloody well better.

Forum List

Back