Amazon...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Whether you love them or hate them, you can't deny they're pretty amazing.

Monday evening, at 9:45pm, I ordered a pair of shoes. They arrived about 4:00pm on Tuesday. Around noon yesterday I ordered some shutter release buttons for one of my cameras. Now, less than 24 hours later, they're out for delivery.

Seems as though it was just not too long ago when you would order something and be hit with "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery".

I'm an Amazon Prime member, and I love it...

Last edited:

Monday evening, at 9:45pm, I ordered a pair of shoes. They arrived about 4:00pm on Tuesday. Around noon yesterday I ordered some shutter release buttons for one of my cameras. Now, less than 24 hours later they're out for delivery.

Seems as though it was just not too long ago when you would order something and be hit with "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery".

The problem is you can get easily spoiled. Optics Planet took almost two weeks to get me one specific picatinny rail for my KS7, Midway will take a week, Track of the Wolf and Dixie Gun Works can take up to 10 days. More often than not if you want many firearm related items you're not going to find them on Amazon. Oh Amazon does have lots of firearm related items but not all and definitely not every brand.

Monday evening, at 9:45pm, I ordered a pair of shoes. They arrived about 4:00pm on Tuesday. Around noon yesterday I ordered some shutter release buttons for one of my cameras. Now, less than 24 hours later they're out for delivery.

The problem is you can get easily spoiled. Optics Planet took almost two weeks to get me one specific picatinny rail for my KS7, Midway will take a week, Track of the Wolf and Dixie Gun Works can take up to 10 days. More often than not if you want many firearm related items you're not going to find them on Amazon. Oh Amazon does have lots of firearm related items but not all and definitely not every brand.

The stuff I buy on Amazon tends to be more impulse-buy stuff...

The stuff I buy on Amazon tends to be more impulse-buy stuff...
My point was getting spoiled with their super fast shipping. To the best of my knowledge no one else ships that fast.

I like the service, but it's wrong that they don't pay taxes.

I disagree. Most of the stuff you can find elsewhere cheaper and a lot of their items show up with crushed boxes…not cool if you are wanting those items for gifts.

I've been seduced by the convenience, yes, but it's more about selection that drives my purchases, and I love being able to review things by previous purchasers.

Yes, I'm a Prime member, and a registered Amazon customer since 2000.

I disagree. Most of the stuff you can find elsewhere cheaper and a lot of their items show up with crushed boxes…not cool if you are wanting those items for gifts.
Most of the stuff I buy is stuff you can't find elsewhere, at least not easily.

I bought a color bar for studio lighting. I could've made the four hour round trip to Orlando and bought it for $89, but chose to buy it on Amazon for $99, and not spend a penny on gas and save those four hours for something else. My most recent purchase was just some shutter release buttons for a Fuji camera I have:

51sBtOWFmwL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

You're just not going to find these anywhere else, shipping was free, and I had them in my hand less than 24 hours after placing the order. Thankfully, I've never had any boxes get damaged in shipping...

Amazon comes in REAL handy for those who have to take a bus, or can't drive, or are old, or in a wheelchair, or just flat out HATE running to different stores to get whatever is needed.

I order ALL the time. Prime member. Helps to have movies too. Free.

And in case nobody knows...if you have EBT card, you only pay 5.99 per month for prime. This includes free shipping AND their movies.

Forum List

Back