American, 50% of our citizens are poor or low income. Shame!

No blame attached, no finger pointing and no need to play the partisan hack post.

Comment?

its a combination of things

1) 30 years ago the poor did not have AC, cell phones, LCD TV's, and state of the art medical care. So, today's poor are rich by yesterdays American standards and most of the world's standards.

2) liberals encourage much of what they call poverty with about $8 trillion in various subsistence welfare programs yearly.

3) liberals encourage poverty by, a) destroying the public school system and, b) encouraging HS dropouts to get pregnant.

No blame attached, no finger pointing and no need to play the partisan hack post.

Comment?

1) 30 years ago the poor did not have AC, cell phones, LCD TV's, and state of the art medical care. So, today's poor are rich by yesterdays American standards and most of the world's standards.

2) liberals encourage much of what they call poverty with about $8 trillion in various subsistence welfare programs yearly.

3) liberals encourage poverty by, a) destroying the public school system and, b) encouraging HS dropouts to get pregnant.

You're using the heavy duty tinfoil, aren't you?

Comment?

if you disagree please try to say why or admit as a liberal it doesn't occur to you.

if you disagree please try to say why or admit as a liberal it doesn't occur to you.

The bolded statements are moonbattery. What more is there to say?

The unbolded ones are merely incorrect, without being crazy.

I pick C. Tell you that your post was crazy. If you can back any of that up, go for it.

So you say they cant get meds now ? wrong again. Use your google there are hundreds of ways to get assistance with meds, and many drug companies will give the drugs to the needy at no charge through clinics. what do you mean by health care if not that ? You say Im ignorant ? Oh yeah, read #3 again.

You don't seem to have read anything I said, or you quoted the wrong person.

Again, none of this cobbled together mess you're talking about is a functional health care system.

So what is it called when a sick person go's to a doctor and gets treated ? And it is working just fine for the 99%. Has been for years.

"Bush recession".......these two words shows your ignorance on the topic and your inability to get beyond what you are pre-programmed to believe.
There is nothing you can say that has any bearing to reality and your opinion on the topic is useless as it is based entirely on preconceived ideas.

Those two words describe an economic conditon which preceeded the nomination, election and oath of office taken by President Obama. Any effort to deny the Bush Adminsitration is solely responsible for the near collapse of our economy in October 2008 is foolish.

Bush signed the budgets, only the minsitry of truth denies that fault and blame is his and his alone.

I have a terrific tropical beach to sell you in Iceland.
The amount of your knowledge in what caused the 2008 collapse could fit into a miniature thimble...with room to spare.
How do you function with such a simple mind?
Have you ever heard of President Clinton? Are you aware that he absolutely continued deregulation?? Are you aware that it was during his 8 years that the great "migration" of banks took place?? That during the Clinton years is when companies like Morgan Stanley, CitiGroup, AIG etc. etc. - became enormous empires???
By the time George Bush became president - everything was already in place.

Not to say all of this is Clintons fault either..btw.

I don't think you understand so I'll offer this. Notwithstanding anything done by Presidents Wilson, FDR, Nixon/Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I or Clinton, the shit hit the fan on the watch of George W. Bush. GWB invaded Iraq, a war of choice and did not include its cost on budget; he cut taxes twice and has acknowledeged the housing bubble was on his radar as early as 2006. What part of on his watch do you refuse to acknowledge?

So you say they cant get meds now ? wrong again. Use your google there are hundreds of ways to get assistance with meds, and many drug companies will give the drugs to the needy at no charge through clinics. what do you mean by health care if not that ? You say Im ignorant ? Oh yeah, read #3 again.

Again, none of this cobbled together mess you're talking about is a functional health care system.

So what is it called when a sick person go's to a doctor and gets treated ? And it is working just fine for the 99%. Has been for years.

Well, no. It's not working well for a lot of people. In particular, the ones who die from illnesses that are caught too late, and the ones who have to take bankruptcy because of their medical bills.

Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income - Yahoo! Finance

Comment?

You can place blame where it belongs. It's allowed. We are seeing the result of 30 years of Republican policy. The war on education. The war on the Middle Class. The contempt the wealthy conservative right has for their base. Republican politicians change the laws so what was illegal becomes legal. It's why no one goes to jail and their base says, "But they didn't do anything illegal".

So the more lucid Republicans say, "But it's not ALL Republicans, Democrats do it to". But clearly, the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats because they know who they can buy. They aren't giving to Republicans because the Republicans are protecting the Middle Class or because they are more honest. It's all about "bang for the buck".

Look at Germany. They absorbed East Germany after decades of Soviet Mismanagement, and yet, they have the strongest and wealthiest economy in Europe. They are working to be energy independent by 2050. They call their government "conservative", but they are nothing like conservatives here. I was talking to a German engineer visiting from a sister company. He said many in Europe have been watching the Republican debates. He said there is this combination of laughter, fear and apprehension. He asked me what has happened to this country? He said exactly what I've been writing. The way Germany has been so successful is a combination between Government, Corporations and Universities.

Unfortunately, in this country, the right wing sees "Universities" as hotbeds of "liberalism" and education as "elitist". Which is why they slash education everywhere they gain legislative power. And like Grover said, the man most of their congressional leaders have pledged to, the man who said he wants to shrink government to the size where it can be drowned in a bathtub. Even when corporations have said loud and clear that the ONLY reason they aren't hiring is because there is no demand. Republicans hear "uncertainty". They can't even get the most basic component of capitalism right. Corporations say "no demand", Republicans only hear "uncertainty". Facts simply can't get through.

Those two words describe an economic conditon which preceeded the nomination, election and oath of office taken by President Obama. Any effort to deny the Bush Adminsitration is solely responsible for the near collapse of our economy in October 2008 is foolish.

Bush signed the budgets, only the minsitry of truth denies that fault and blame is his and his alone.

The amount of your knowledge in what caused the 2008 collapse could fit into a miniature thimble...with room to spare.
Have you ever heard of President Clinton? Are you aware that he absolutely continued deregulation?? Are you aware that it was during his 8 years that the great "migration" of banks took place?? That during the Clinton years is when companies like Morgan Stanley, CitiGroup, AIG etc. etc. - became enormous empires???

I don't think you understand so I'll offer this. Notwithstanding anything done by Presidents Wilson, FDR, Nixon/Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I or Clinton, the shit hit the fan on the watch of George W. Bush. GWB invaded Iraq, a war of choice and did not include its cost on budget; he cut taxes twice and has acknowledeged the housing bubble was on his radar as early as 2006. What part of on his watch do you refuse to acknowledge?

What part of your brain does not function?
The housing bubble was created in the 1990's not the 2000's.
Systematically - every single policy and deregulation occurred BEFORE Bush became President. You are either ignorant of that fact - or - and more likely - you choose to ignore it.

Well, no. It's not working well for a lot of people. In particular, the ones who die from illnesses that are caught too late, and the ones who have to take bankruptcy because of their medical bills.

Ok so you are saying that psychics and tumor sniffing dogs should be employed, or that Dr's should go door to door to examine people. News flash, If a condition is caught late it is not because the medical system sucks. you can never prove other wise and you wont either because you know its a lie. As for the bank bankruptcy part and the cost of medical care I can agree with you in part, but not totally. The poor are ok, and the super rich are ok, its those that are in between that get screwed. The health care reform has done nothing to help anyone at all, and especially not the poor if you can call them poor at all. By the standards of the rest of the world. very few are poor in this country.

And by the way Wry....you didn't answer a single question I asked.
You addressed not one point.

And you won't now either.

What part of your brain does not function?

That would imply that some part of Wrybaby's brain DOES function.

Simply reading the title of this absurd thread is enough to convince me that wry's brain doesn't exist.

Ok so you are saying that psychics and tumor sniffing dogs should be employed, or that Dr's should go door to door to examine people. News flash, If a condition is caught late it is not because the medical system sucks. you can never prove other wise and you wont either because you know its a lie. As for the bank bankruptcy part and the cost of medical care I can agree with you in part, but not totally. The poor are ok, and the super rich are ok, its those that are in between that get screwed. The health care reform has done nothing to help anyone at all, and especially not the poor if you can call them poor at all. By the standards of the rest of the world. very few are poor in this country.

No, I'm saying that people without insurance get diagnosed later than those with insurance.

The ACA will help people not go into bankruptcy, because they'll have health insurance.

As for the poor that we're speaking of, they live here. We compare them to other Americans in terms of income, access to food, and other necessities.

No it wont. The ones going into such debt usually have insurance. Thats why they get so far into debt. That and the fact they have insurance disqualifies them from the assistance the poor get.

No it wont. The ones going into such debt usually have insurance. Thats why they get so far into debt. That and the fact they have insurance disqualifies them from the assistance the poor get.

You have gotten yourself deeply invested in the idea that there's no health care problem in the US. You vastly overestimate private charity and free clinic resources.

Some sick people have crappy insurance, and others have no insurance at all. Others exceed their maximum caps, or they can't pay their portion of the bills after insurance pays. Regardless, your idea that you're better off with no insurance because then you can get charity is just :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back