American, 50% of our citizens are poor or low income. Shame!

By those standards why don't you just cut to the to the quick and say, "if your still breathing quit bitchin', you ain't poor you have the richness of life to live for. Somewhere in the world people are dying, and you living here in the US, alive and all, should be ashamed of yourself for thinking you are poor. It is much better to be breathing in the US than anywhere else."

The thing is. whats to bitch about, What are the "poor" missing out on, and whats the remedy ? Poor in America means a full food closet, a car or two a TV in every bedroom with a PS-3 or X-Box connected to at least one of them, a computer (AND laptop in many cases) throw in the assistance available to them. Those are the ones who answered that worn out old census you bang on and on about. So then we get it, rich folks are ass holes, and little Johnny has to munch store brand Twinkies while his lard ass plays Dead Island on X-Box while mommy gets his insulin ready. So then, Whats the solution, or are you only pissing and whining to hear your self blather ?

You just illustrated my point. Those peole you just described are "NOT POOR", if they are getting assisstance of any kind they are "CRIMINALS", not poor. I don't understand why conservatives can't make the distinction between POOR and CRIMINAL. For an example, Bernie Maddoff is a criminal not a wealthy person.

So then a tummy rub will make it all better then ? Whats the solution, or do need more then that ? What will make it better and why aint it better now since Obama has been on the job ?

The thing is. whats to bitch about, What are the "poor" missing out on, and whats the remedy ? Poor in America means a full food closet, a car or two a TV in every bedroom with a PS-3 or X-Box connected to at least one of them, a computer (AND laptop in many cases) throw in the assistance available to them. Those are the ones who answered that worn out old census you bang on and on about. So then we get it, rich folks are ass holes, and little Johnny has to munch store brand Twinkies while his lard ass plays Dead Island on X-Box while mommy gets his insulin ready. So then, Whats the solution, or are you only pissing and whining to hear your self blather ?

You just illustrated my point. Those peole you just described are "NOT POOR", if they are getting assisstance of any kind they are "CRIMINALS", not poor. I don't understand why conservatives can't make the distinction between POOR and CRIMINAL. For an example, Bernie Maddoff is a criminal not a wealthy person.

So then a tummy rub will make it all better then ? Whats the solution, or do need more then that ? What will make it better and why aint it better now since Obama has been on the job ?

No tummy rub necessary. Poor people are usually embarrassed by recieving help and as a rule don't like it when others find out they are recieving assisstance. They strive to get off assisstance, and spend as little time as possible on it. Criminals love assisstance and they try to get as much of it as they can and stay on as long as possible. Most of the time it is illegal what they do to stay on it. The solution is to distinguish between "poor" people and "criminals". Help the poor and prosecute the criminals, it's quite simple. The reason Obama hasn't made it better is because there is a difference of definition between Democrats and Republicans on what "Poor people" really mean. Republicans really want to go after the criminals, which is good. Democrats really want to help the poor, which is also good. The criminal element is keeping this thing from correcting itself. Both parties want the same thing.

50% of people are below average!!

I only comment when you add more evidence of how truly dumb you are. I know you won't (likely can't) figure it out, but I expect nothing more from you.

Because you sure as hell don't comment when presented with facts.

Do you not have Excel?
Or are you just a dishonest hack that can't face your own ineptitude?

I choose "B".

:eusa_boohoo:

No tummy rub necessary. Poor people are usually embarrassed by recieving help and as a rule don't like it when others find out they are recieving assisstance. They strive to get off assisstance, and spend as little time as possible on it. Criminals love assisstance and they try to get as much of it as they can and stay on as long as possible. Most of the time it is illegal what they do to stay on it. The solution is to distinguish between "poor" people and "criminals". Help the poor and prosecute the criminals, it's quite simple. The reason Obama hasn't made it better is because there is a difference of definition between Democrats and Republicans on what "Poor people" really mean. Republicans really want to go after the criminals, which is good. Democrats really want to help the poor, which is also good. The criminal element is keeping this thing from correcting itself. Both parties want the same thing.

I think I may agree with you on the criminal thing, but not the Democrat thing. Democrat or Republican, to them you are nothing more then a vote. And even then, just on out of millions and as such, worthless as am I. I am responsible for my value or worth financially, not some retard sitting in Washington with a golden ticket. Getting assistance is not a bad thing. you do what you have to to feed your family and should not feel any shame in doing so. As for distinguishing between Poor and Criminal, both are votes that neither party wants to alienate. There is no hope in Washington. You are the only person that can make it better for you.

I think I may agree with you on the criminal thing, but not the Democrat thing. Democrat or Republican, to them you are nothing more then a vote. And even then, just on out of millions and as such, worthless as am I. I am responsible for my value or worth financially, not some retard sitting in Washington with a golden ticket. Getting assistance is not a bad thing. you do what you have to to feed your family and should not feel any shame in doing so. As for distinguishing between Poor and Criminal, both are votes that neither party wants to alienate. There is no hope in Washington. You are the only person that can make it better for you.

It is true that it is just votes to the two parties. It is also true that you have to want to improve your position in life and then actively pursue that goal. It is also true that sometimes bad things happen to good people, and that those people may need a helping hand to get them through and back on their feet and independant. This is what the system was put in place to do. Criminals have thrown a monkey wrench into the works, and need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

1.Poor nutrition is an education problem not a financial problem. Food stamps or not, you can get good healthy food cheap. Starvation is not an issue in this country, lard ass related illness is ESPECIALLY among the poor.

I don't know what to say when you keep claiming that because few people starve, everyone has the chance to be well nourished. It's just a ridiculous statement. Lard ass is a symptom of poor nutrition. Not proof that things are just great. Cheap food equals lard asses. Meat and fresh vegetables are expensive.
2.Many go without health care ? pleas dont be silly. If they go without health care it is due to laziness. A brief search through an old fashioned phone book will prove my point, as well as a 5 second Google search for free clinics in the city of your choice. And when they go to an ER they can check the "Indigent" box and be done with it, or if they are able some one from admitting will come and help them apply for medicaid to cover there visit.

You are uninformed. The ER is not a health care plan. Many of the working poor do not qualify for Medicaid. We just had a huge health care discussion in this nation, and yet so many on the right believe that everyone can get Medicaid. If everyone could get Medicaid, we wouldn't have had the health care fight. Duh.

3. No its not. You put some money back when you can. I work to, and at this time its an average of 27+- hours per week. We manage to save something as a buffer against hard times, not to mention retirement. Its not complex at all, and if anything it is also an education problem.

All that aside, how should those issues be addressed then ? Whats the solution.

Then you're a two income family, or your "work" is something illegal. :lol:

1.Poor nutrition is an education problem not a financial problem. Food stamps or not, you can get good healthy food cheap. Starvation is not an issue in this country, lard ass related illness is ESPECIALLY among the poor.

I don't know what to say when you keep claiming that because few people starve, everyone has the chance to be well nourished. It's just a ridiculous statement. Lard ass is a symptom of poor nutrition. Not proof that things are just great. Cheap food equals lard asses. Meat and fresh vegetables are expensive.
2.Many go without health care ? pleas dont be silly. If they go without health care it is due to laziness. A brief search through an old fashioned phone book will prove my point, as well as a 5 second Google search for free clinics in the city of your choice. And when they go to an ER they can check the "Indigent" box and be done with it, or if they are able some one from admitting will come and help them apply for medicaid to cover there visit.

You are uninformed. The ER is not a health care plan. Many of the working poor do not qualify for Medicaid. We just had a huge health care discussion in this nation, and yet so many on the right believe that everyone can get Medicaid. If everyone could get Medicaid, we wouldn't have had the health care fight. Duh.

3. No its not. You put some money back when you can. I work to, and at this time its an average of 27+- hours per week. We manage to save something as a buffer against hard times, not to mention retirement. Its not complex at all, and if anything it is also an education problem.

All that aside, how should those issues be addressed then ? Whats the solution.

Then you're a two income family, or your "work" is something illegal. :lol:

1. Meat and vegetables in the form of TV dinners is expensive, and makes people fat, that's true. That cheap food creates fat assess people is not true.

2. The health care bill ? the one that's so good it wont take full effect until 2014 if at all ? the one that took money from Medicaid and the SNAP programs ? I am not uninformed, you are uninformed and lazy. Name a city and Ill give you 50 plus options. From the ER to free clinics, health care is available to say anything else is a lie.

3. Yep, we are a two income family, but the Wife does not make much more then me. See we did this thing called saving money when times were good. We had one tight few months, but we have pretty much not had to touch what we saved. You should not judge others by your inability to succeed. Still, whats the solution to the claim that 50% of America is poor ?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Cheap food is fattening, and the working poor often don't have access to health care. You're taking the ER and a visit to a clinic for an antibiotic as "health care", which is just ignorant.

Thanks for more honest explanation of how someone can work 27 hours a week and still save money for a rainy day.

The ACA is one of the solutions. We have a tremendous number of medical bankruptcies in this country. Another is a tax structure that makes us able to have good education and a good social safety net.

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Cheap food is fattening, and the working poor often don't have access to health care. You're taking the ER and a visit to a clinic for an antibiotic as "health care", which is just ignorant.

Thanks for more honest explanation of how someone can work 27 hours a week and still save money for a rainy day.

The ACA is one of the solutions. We have a tremendous number of medical bankruptcies in this country. Another is a tax structure that makes us able to have good education and a good social safety net.

So you say they cant get meds now ? wrong again. Use your google there are hundreds of ways to get assistance with meds, and many drug companies will give the drugs to the needy at no charge through clinics. what do you mean by health care if not that ? You say Im ignorant ? Oh yeah, read #3 again.

Last edited:
We all have brains; some are ruled by emotion, others by reason. The comment was and remains stupid because it was solely based on bigotry. No evidence is offered that all of those suffering from the Bush recession live with modern luxuries or that the poor are poor by their own doing. If for a moment you opened you mind and shut out the reactionary rhetoric which is primarily emotion based you might, maybe, possibly have some credibility.

As it stands you've offered evidence that you are a callous conservative and a proud and loud member of the echo chamber - in short not intelligent enough to offer reasoned arguments.

Have a nice day and thanks for sharing.

"Bush recession".......these two words shows your ignorance on the topic and your inability to get beyond what you are pre-programmed to believe.
There is nothing you can say that has any bearing to reality and your opinion on the topic is useless as it is based entirely on preconceived ideas.

Those two words describe an economic conditon which preceeded the nomination, election and oath of office taken by President Obama. Any effort to deny the Bush Adminsitration is solely responsible for the near collapse of our economy in October 2008 is foolish.

Bush signed the budgets, only the minsitry of truth denies that fault and blame is his and his alone.

I have a terrific tropical beach to sell you in Iceland.
The amount of your knowledge in what caused the 2008 collapse could fit into a miniature thimble...with room to spare.
How do you function with such a simple mind?
Have you ever heard of President Clinton? Are you aware that he absolutely continued deregulation?? Are you aware that it was during his 8 years that the great "migration" of banks took place?? That during the Clinton years is when companies like Morgan Stanley, CitiGroup, AIG etc. etc. - became enormous empires???
By the time George Bush became president - everything was already in place.

Not to say all of this is Clintons fault either..btw.

Last edited:
Hey Wry - Who is Robert Rubin?
After you google it to find out...what is one of the biggest things he did while in office?
I'll fill you in...he and Clinton strongly urged congress to pass the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act" - also known as the "Citi-Group relief act" which opened wide the ability of banks to swallow up other banks.
After congress passed it - Robert Rubin went to work for Citigroup where he earned $126 million in salary.

Hey Wry - who is Larry Summers?
What did he do to contribute (immensely) to the 2008 collapse?
And who did he serve for as Sec. of Treasury?
And whoah....wait...he also happened to serve as DIRECTOR for Obama's White House Economic Council.
Hmm.....

Learning anything yet buddy?

I expect crickets.

Last edited:
After you answer these questions Wry...do you know what a CDO is?
And when again was legislation passed that allowed this practice....what was that?...oh...before Bush became President?

Hmmm

You are obviously of the older generation and probably haven't been out there in the real world for quite sometime now. Let me tell you that there is no comparisson between the opportunities the wealthy children have as compared to the poor children. The wealthy children growing up have every opportunity and more. The poor children have maybe a quarter of the opportunity if that.

yeah, I'm the older generation, and I work TWO JOBS. one for the school district and another for the VFW.
maybe it's this generation that needs to get out in the REAL WORLD....
so again I say....:eusa_boohoo:

Well let me point out that I also work two jobs, the first manufacturing car parts and the second manufacturing windows. I also am a member of the VFW. Let me say that if your generation would have raised your kids right we wouldn't be wondering about todays generation.:eek:

You're not speaking to me. I have two kids on their own and they make their own way just fine with little bitching and whining about it. I grew up poor and am now far from rich, but I live a comfortable life and am happy with what I have..Maybe some should learn that old saying. pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get on with it. I firmly believe where there is a will there is a WAY.
Old school, older generation? call it whatever you want.

So you say they cant get meds now ? wrong again. Use your google there are hundreds of ways to get assistance with meds, and many drug companies will give the drugs to the needy at no charge through clinics. what do you mean by health care if not that ? You say Im ignorant ? Oh yeah, read #3 again.

You don't seem to have read anything I said, or you quoted the wrong person.

Again, none of this cobbled together mess you're talking about is a functional health care system.

Forum List

Back